Groupon

Groupon Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Fun workplace

Very busy day to day, learned how to manage stakeholders across lots of different area's of the business, very little red tape meaning that are lots of internal opportunities to grow

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

I left only because they went in consultation

Groupon was an amazing company to work for, they had some organization issue on a management level but if they would have gone into consultation I would still work for them.

fast paced environment. lack of focus from amangement

great diverse environment with many cultures and nationalities all bringing something different to the table. Teams working remotely. big focus on technology and automation

Very competitive environment

Work at whole food gave me the chance to grow up, giving me new challanges everyday, but at the end of the day it was very stressful. Good salary and benefit.

Very creative environment

A great work place where problem solving was initiated on a group level.. Hard sales targets, but a very rewarding job. I could work from home on selected days.

Enjoyable work

There is always something to do which I enjoy. Expected to work hard but never overworked. Good officer perks such as free breakfasts once and week and drinks on a Friday. Able to work from home which is the biggest positive!

A company under construction

The company is struggling to find it self when going from a startup to a corporate business, it will still take some time, but they are making progress. There are great opportunities to for advancement if you work hard.

An honest review

Every day is the same at Groupon. If you're from a traditional retail background, working here won't help you and you will find it hard to adjust. They say they want you to plan in advance like a normal retailer, but you will find yourself firefighting constantly to find deals to go live, often within the same week of finding them. Management don't really care about you or your progression, they just want to see numbers. The people however, are great.

Pros

location, commission structure

Cons

management, no set path for progression

Groupon

This was a very innovate and modern place to work. It's fast paced, fun and there is always something massive happening at Groupon. I would recommend working for the company.

Pros

Active Managers, lots of campaigns

great place to work

Fun, Friendly, Work Hard-Play Hard. An innovative company. Great career progression and earning potential. Great place to work.

Pros

Cool friendly enviroment

Cons

Too much internal change

A typical day at work

The company's structure is different in comparison to working in a formal professional setting. A lot of work needs to be done at Groupon from the top to bottom as there is a lack of professionalism across the board (from Senior management to junior employees)

Pros

Free fruits any other day

Cons

Long hours (9am - 6pm)

Account Manager

It is a great company, however, the role can get a bit repetitive. I would recommend Groupon to anyone looking to learn. They are very helpful and always want you to improve.

Pros

Company Culture

Cons

Average progression

***AVOID *** No support, poor management & unreasonable expectations

Poor training Appalling leads Frustrating CRM system Unreasonable expectation Goalpost changed 99% new business Accounts taken away after 3 months so loss of commission to Telesales in London Greedy deals structures Poor business analysts No support from managers Humiliation at sales meetings Difficult to claim expenses - fuel/parking Frustrating contract process Do not care about employees (only profits) Long hours (8am morning calls and 6pm) - no work life balance Lack of area knowledge - not everywhere is LONDON! Favouritism over account division No set territory Constantly having to get deals changed because of poor editorial copy and pictures Customers have delayed payments due to finance issues and adding bank details (must provide IBAN & BIC numbers not sort code and account numbers) Arrogant staff in London who claim to be there as business support and analysts Remote working so can feel isolated or the flip side, being constantly hounded by the Regional MD Change targets by number of deals, revenue, contracts signed - all on a whim Bonus potential isn't as high as they make out HUGE turnover of staff due to constant pressure and unhappy Complaints from clients who have had previous bad experience Try signing deals where you need a minimum 50% off the original value then explaining that Groupon want 40% of the revenue from vouchers - be prepared to be insulted and carefully consider if this is for you!

Pros

Ok basic

Cons

Long hours, humiliation, poor management

new company teething problems

new company teething problems mundane workloads limited progression good people unprofessional

Pros

good people

Cons

unprofessional

motivation of staff

like working for the company and the team is good. I enjoyed working for the company but my department is going to be outsourced

Pros

free fruits 2 days per week

Cons

normal working hours 8 - 5pm

Groupon Review

As a new starter business, Groupon has been constantly chaging and evolving. This has helped me to develop and improve new and existing skills and has given me the freedom to work on my own and with a team. Team has been great to work with and is always encouraging personal growth. I look forward to working with a diverse group of people.

Great people, but can be long hours

Great office location in the heart of the city, interesting, bright, ambitious and friendly people, lots of change but lots of training, too. Non hierarchical structure, open dialogue, hours can be long but there is a lot to learn and a lot to influence, so very rewarding.

Pros

The people

Cons

The pay / the hours depending on your dept

Pleasent working atmosphere. Focused but down to earth staff.

Groupon is a really fantastic company to work for. The staff are friendly and very down to earth. We have a target of designing twenty images per day, but during that time we are allowed to listen to music (via headphones) and even browse Facebook, as long as the work is done. Having said that the twenty images is a must, so if you haven't completed the required amount by the end of your shift, you will be expected to stay behind untill you do. One of the great things about Groupon's design department, is that you get to work with fellow designers. This enables you to not only exchange ideas but gain valuable knowledge from other people's experiences. One of the main things I learned was how to use "Actions" in Photoshop, in order to more productive in turning out more images within a shorter period of time. My direct manager was a designer in his own right and would often do presentations to the team on how he overcame certain design challenges. Though he was "the boss" he had a very positive attitude and was always open to new and fresh ideas. It was always during the periods called "Business critical mode" (usually in the run up to holidays like Valentines, Easter, Christmas etc) that were the most challenging, as it often meant staying behind after office hours. However, the staff were fun work with, which made up for the long hours, and they would also order us free Pizza.

Pros

Working with fellow designers meant a constant exchange of ideas.

Cons

Business critical mode meant staying behind after office hours.

The best people on earth!

Groupon has fostered a young, vibrant environment by employing talented graduates from all walks of life. However, the growth of the business in other corners of the world is beginning to take effect on the creativity and innovation of the UK branch. A typical day consists of coming in, looking at the schedule for the next few days and prioritising workload accordingly. The department is broken down into unique sections who perform a specialised job role. As a result, the department is extremely efficient, but the work can become highly repetitive. This is the most challenging part of the job, but it has taught me to remain positive and find other ways to garner variety. Not only this, but I have learnt a great deal about how to motivate others through repetitive tasks and how to create incentives organically. The most enjoyable part of the job has been learning to work with a variety of individuals and familiarise myself with the complexities of people management. In my current position I have been given a great deal of freedom to develop my role and shape my own responsibilities. This is a testament to the trusting relationship I have with management. However, support has always been there should I need it.

Pros

Environment, colleagues, line management

Cons

Long hours, salary inconsistencies, lack of organisation from senior management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement