GSS Ltd logo
GSS Ltd

GSS Ltd Employee Reviews

Work life balance.. there isn’t

GSSL are good as a company but managers have so much pressure on them.. paid on time but the invoices are slow. Amazon are a nightmare company who don’t give a flying big one about any delivery driver there is.. you are just a number to amazon. Salary is poor at a flat rate especially if you have to rent a van through them at 220 a week - no fuel is covered as mentioned in the advert - you won't get out on the open road until 12pm and will work until you have done all your deliveries which can take up to 7/8 hours sometimes more.. although this review is mainly pointed at Amazon unfortunately for me it lays to the company that are contracted with them. Oh yeah one last thing amazon always believes the customer regardless

Pros

Hard to think of any - you got a job I suppose

Cons

Poor money, no fuel covered, hard to get bonuses

Unpleasant environment

Parcels wouldn't be given fairly, so you end up on long routes for the same pay and getting almost minimum wage. Bad management. Would be rung on your day off expected to work and told you have to be available 6 days a week. No benefit of being self employed. Staff not treated fair.

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Collective and competitive

The GSSL IS a competitive and collaborative Company with it's employees. I am motivated by the company and I hope to achieve all goals for exemplo hard work, fused, flexible and sucess.

Benefits

Cons

Schedules

Great environment

Great boss plenty of help available for new starters ongoing support provided and always available boss ready to answer any questions I would highly recommend

Great company hard work but so worth it

Started as a jumper onthe XL side about 18 months ago loved it worked hard and some days can be tough but other great see some amazing places while out on road. Now I am a XL Site Manager the opportunity is there for anyone to excel within the company. Team work is key with this job Would and do recommend

Pros

Great bunch of people to work alongside

Cons

You have to take rough with the smooth sometines

Overall GREAT team

If you prefer to work outside you MUST try delivery driver position !Loading time is 15min and its more than enough as your route are prepared once you ariving on the site ! Daily 30min break icluded in your 9 hours shift !

Pros

Flexibility, good pay, good team.

Cons

rain :)

Well looked after

Well established company who make sure their employees are looked after. You have to take the rough with the smooth in any job but it’s always made to be as smooth as possible.

Pros

Looked after

Cons

Bad weather some times!

Professional and friendly

I have worked with GSS for a couple of months and I'm more than happy. I have found everyone to be professional, there is a good team work ethic and support always on hand.

Pros

Very welcoming team

Excellent company

I've worked with GSS for quite some time now and enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. From time to time it can become stressful but that's the same for any job. It's very rewarding and you get to meet plenty of people which is great for me. Met some amazing new friends. Management are truly amazing and help in every way possible to make the job easier and more understandable.

Pros

Good money, meeting new friends

Gssl positive environment

feeling part of a team were everyone help each other, management listen, work if flexible, self employed,cant think of a better team to join and feel like your a real person and valued. from start to finish.

Pros

everything

Cons

only if you make them

Jobs at GSS Ltd

See more jobs

Long Hours, minimal pay

You'll be enticed with pay of ÂŁ140 a day, but after van rent (around ÂŁ30 a day, so the best way to make money is by using your own van) and fuel (around ÂŁ15 a day depending on where you're delivering to), you're left with around ÂŁ85. Considering the standard working day for me was 12 hours ( 9 hour shift, and travel to and from home to the depot, and from the depot to your daily route), ÂŁ85 a day really isn't worth sacrificing your social life for (you'll be required to work these hours every weekend too). You'll be asked to turn up to "sign in" at a specific time, but won't actually be on the road for at least another hour later, once the van has been loaded. Can't fault the management at all, they seemed friendly and helpful for the short time I was there. You'll also be using your phone all day, so a good phone is a must, as your battery will be drained in no time.

Waste of time.

Extremely disappointed by Go service solutions! In the contract they promise you the world and more , great salary and great deal . Until you start working for the company and its the complete opposite, you pay more for the van than anything else , fuel is NOT covered. The onboarding process is a joke , took 2 months to be onboarded with the company . Management is very unorganised and training is poor ! Highly disappointed and wouldn’t recommend working there . Gained nothing from this experience and wasted 3 months of my life .

Pros

Cons

Too many !

Awful

Delivering for amazon is ok but work for gssl and doing it is terrible, Manger’s (if that’s what you call them) just give you a route and that’s it, no help when struggling to compete work on time most days except to do 10/14 hour days, amazon sets the routes and they are awful gssl did nothing to help with the problems they amazon had with this, would recommend getting a different job avoid

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Long hours no management way to much work for pay

Avoid

Poor management, don't care about the drivers , they only want money from Amazon.Long working hours ,no bonuses always add something "to do " on their list about the drivers and how they should act. You can't take a break like a normal person Max 15 mins per day.

Pros

Sometimes good days

Cons

If you want to be a slave go to work for them

Fun place to work

Scared at first of the comments , but it was the biggest surprise received , starting from interview to my final stop on road , i was fully supported , and i felt that they actually care about me as their driver Everything is transparent , i 've been answered every question and every problem was solved by my manager!They are flexible with booking days off

Pros

everything

Cons

Very friendly company to work with!

Working for GSSL almost 3 years and i can highly recommend them!Wage on time, never had any issue, always happy to help!They have sites all over the UK which is great as if you would like to move somewhere else one day you dont need to be worried that you will lose your job!

Twatz

No complaints procedure. Discriminatory working practices and abusive management. Upper managers were poorly selected and incompetent. Mysogynistic. Bad.

Cons

Inappropriate behaviour from 'management'

I won’t recommend

I was on this company for one job they offer to me after that I have to wait long time , this because managers from Leeds have his guys “lick are who get every easy job, and rest give to someone else”woes management

Awful Company. Would give a no stars is possible

Did a days work for GSS and I wish I hadn’t. Through the interview the managers were talking badly about staff. Only question asked was if I’d been a delivery driver before (which I hadn’t) and then I was given all the job paperwork to fill in. Had to supply my own high vis and work boots which I was not informed about till I got questioned why I didn’t have them on my training day. Job described as being in Selby. Before the interview I was told it would start in Doncaster but finish in the selby area which I was fine about. Finish my shift n then told I had to drive back to Doncaster to finish my shift. Didn’t get a break or to even use the toilet for 11hours, till I got back home. Still haven’t been paid for my petrol, training or my days pay. Awful company. Do not recommend at all.

Pros

Gets you out the house

Cons

Lies about the job. Poor pay if you can get it. No chance for breaks. No chance to use the bathroom.

GSSL Doncaster

Working at GSSL is not a company I would recommend working for you work long hours rent a van off them you get very very little pay I E I mean I worked a full fortnight and did not receive any pay whatsoever you are supposed to be paid once a fortnight I worked a full fortnight I did not receive any pay whatsoever the management will not talk to you about this if you try and ask them they well just try and change the subject and throb you are off with any silly excuse they can they do not give a monkeys to toss about any of their staff avoid this company at all cost

Experience

Not a perfect job. You work until delivery all what you have. Sometimes route longer than 9h, but sometimes you finish after 4-5h work. You take brake- you work longer.

Official response from GSS Ltd

18 March 2020
Hi. All routes are monitored closely and we aim to ensure our drivers are supported sufficiently to complete the deliveries within the set times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GSS Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement