Guide Dogs

Guide Dogs: 10 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews

Community

The greatest asset to this company is the way in which the management team are dedicated to employing enthusiastic and hard working people. The group of people I called my colleagues quickly became the group of people that I would consider my friends and I was made to feel welcome instantly. although there isn't much in the way of permanence in terms of security but there is a lot you can learn from working out in the community and on the behalf of charity.

Pros

Involved with others and the public. Great hours and a not bad basic wage.

Cons

No overwhelming incentive in terms of advancement/salary/security

The best I have ever been treated at a company

I have worked at Guide Dogs for a few years now in the Bristol region. I enjoy working here not only knowing I am working for a great charity but I also generally enjoy my day as work. Everyone is friendly and easy to get along with. I find Guide Dogs is a healthy environment to work in. Our manger is hands down the most down to earth and understanding manger I have ever had.

Pros

Bonus Great charity Weekly Pay Chance to grow

Insights into Guide Dogs

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

A Good Place To Be

Good work enviroment and team work and relaxed but competitive the people are good but you must always know tou are there to successfully perform and hit your targets

Pros

The people and the work you are doing

Cons

Not necessarily secure if not performing

Lovely people

Enjoyed my time as volunteer guide at My Guide. I was matched with a lovely lady and I took her out into town once a week. it was good to get to know her and it felt good doing something for my community

It was a good fun experience for me

It was a good a wonderful experience as a team leader while is fundraising on the street it show me how to be confident on the street and while getting people details to donate for the charity.

Bad charity to work for

It’s the worst charity to work for promise you travel allowance don’t get your money back meal allowance no meal allowance oh and the team leader I had was a big lazy disgusting person never on time always late always on his phone no training provided false promises made and if you don’t get any sign ups you lose your job load of rubbish stay away people

Pros

Cons

Bad management

Good job

Found management to be quite pushy sometimes rude I enjoyed working to help raise money hours was good pay not bad I would like to go back to fundraising just for a company who I feel would allow me to progress and notice what I do right

Pros

Meeting new people good hours ok pay

Cons

The cold/no real incentive/

Productive, friendly, interesting

My Responsibilities were to arrive on time, ready to meet people, learn key points and infor-mation to teach others, look presentable and welcoming, have a friendly persona and be my-self, work hard, enjoy myself, and most of all show my passion for the charity. I feel like it’s a huge accomplishment being able to sign people up which allows my team to have good scores and I feel rewarded by helping such an amazing charity. Skills I have gained are self confidence, knowledge, friendly welcoming body language, exciting persona, interest in oth-ers, stamina.

Demanding sales role

A demanding sales role where travelling up to 150 - 300 miles daily to promote & sponser guide dogs for the blind. Generally working in town centre or supermarket locations. Stopping customers and selling yourself and the product using unique custoer service skills. My co-workers on the whole where very supportive however the managent was rarely seen. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the winter, raining & very few shoppers out. I had to maintain a positive attitude and remain focussed. The most ejoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on someones face when they realised that there donation/sponsership was helping someone, also the money earnt was good.

Pros

money, work colleagues, product

Cons

Locations, organisation, management

Amazing.

Talking to hundreds of people and travelling all over the southwest daily, for such a good cause, was at the very least the best job I’ve had. Enjoyed the social element and being so close to the public, loved the team spirit and motivating each other, amazed by the underlying compassion and determination shown by other fundraisers. Opened my eyes alot, now I feel that I’m better equipped for whatever my next role will entail.

Pros

gifts from the public. meeting so many people

Cons

the cold.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guide Dogs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement