Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

A positive workplace with staff who enjoy and are passionate about their work and who exhibit both personal and professional pride in the services provided to patients.
Pros
Nice team and environment
Cons
Not much face to face working due to Covid
Highly stressful environment, however mostly loved the job. No room for boredom and met many people through the course of my work. Periodically I noticed some bullying and sometimes staff turnover a little high. Generally, colleagues were great and professionalism levels high. Workloads high, and pressure to perform consistently with tight deadlines.
Pros
NHS pensions and opportunity for progression
Cons
Workloads too high
Staff are able to progress to different roles and staff's well- being is at the forefront.It is also rewarding helping/supporting the patient needs.
I have learned to do team work Work culture was good everyone was friendly Had more training and assessment good place to learn Had lots of group discussion and team meeting which helped myself to improve a lot
Forced out of roles, alongside others by subjective preferences, poor management, negativitiy, lack of support, lack of teamwork, encouragement, positivity,
I worked as a research scientist. A typical day involved analysing large data sets to identify pertinent information. I was given free rein to work alone but also my supervisors provided help and advice whenever it was required.
Love my job, fast paced, great colleagues, been in my job 13 years. My position makes me the first contact for callers. No day is the same, each day brings different situations that involve life and death. A very rewarding job!
The job culture and environment wasn't pleasant. Lack of support when needed and when asked for new and unfamiliar tasks. Very stressful at times.
Nice place to work and gain experience , staff is very friendly and management is supporting you if needed. As a band 5 physiotherapist I felt welcomed and I would recommend to anyone who would like to join this Trust.
Pros
learning new skills
I learned how to multi-task but they wouldn't allow me to work in my own pace because they are very busy every day. They expected me to handle everything at once and I couldn't do it. so I quit.
I enjoy this role, where I work in a fantastic atmosphere with a wonderful staff, and carry out tasks for them, as well as monitoring devices and filling in information that can be used for subsequent dissertations.
Really great place to work. Good collaborative working between departments. Challenging with no two days the same. Lots of different experiences of working across the Trust with senior managers.
Pros
Challenge to deliver better services, the managers you work with, engagement.
Cons
Commute.
Very good Trust,helped with trainings,beautiful people ❤️ Nurses very helpful,every day you would learn from all colleges something new. Patients lovely as well ❤️
Good for teaching students, very busy environment, hard working people on all levels. Hospital accepts possible employee's to do shadowing before starting to apply.
Fast paced and productive environment to work in. Management is usually very understanding and the work-life balance is good. Multiple IT systems are used throughout the Trust but you are given proper IT training before using them.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Guy’s. I worked for an extremely professional and very nice boss who although, had a very busy schedule, always found time for me, if required. I would wholly recommend working for this hospital.
Often ahead of other hospitals in the innovation of cares. Probably the best place I have worked in terms of clinical experience. highly recommended for staff development
Worked in the same department for 17 years. Lots of changes learnt new skills. Met a lot of interesting people and worked with a Happy team. Guy's and St Thomas's has many benefits for their staff and students. They work towards a excellence very nice environment, clean. Fantastic restaurant and other eateries. Ladies Clothes shop all on site. Volunteers run a small card shop WH Smith's also on site.
Provision of training and apprenticeship that makes one to be well equipped with good work ethics and delivery of the expected services. Many incentives such as staff loans are provided at a zero rate interest to improve the wellbeing of workers.
Pros
London waiting allowance
Cons
free beverages anytime
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Guys , what a wonderful trust with amazing people . I enjoyed going to work every day . The only reason I left was due to the commute. I would definitely recommend working for such a positive and hardworking NHS trust.
Guys and st thomas is a nice and conducive place to work,the management look after thier staff very well and they provide various courses to staff and training