GXO Logistics

GXO Logistics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom169 reviews

driveravoidtargetwarehouseshiftwrongpoorovertime

Hard work

I work in freezer department, it's hard , you have to pick heavy cases And it's boring after time.It's about -18 c , but with work and the clothes they provide I don't feel it that cold .It's just okay.We have 30 mins warm up breaks and another 30 mins lunch break .

Don’t work here

An honest review in my opinion about GXO… Like all things there are a few very good natured people who work here. However they employ an American system that simply does not fit with the UK way of working . The disciplinary procedures are absurd and the communication between managers are operatives is atrocious. No employee satisfaction either, would not recommend

Insights into GXO Logistics

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Cannot recommend this company

This has been the very worst experience I have had in my career. A GM who had no people skills at all, so much bureaucracy that you cannot get on with the job!!Good people working there but not staying long, it is no wonder British Management have such a bad reputation.

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

Terrible management.

Good

Good place to work,nice people, managers are ok,salary is below average but other benefits like holiday, sick pay are very good, very good place to start,can learn a lot

Pros

holiday, sick pay

Cons

salary

GXO a good place to work

Came to GXO with no previous warehouse experience. They trained me up to drive a LLOP and pick stock. I enjoy my job. The 12 hour shift goes really quickly. I work days 4 days on 4 days off and it really suits me. I earn about £1760 a month before tax and deductions. About £1500 after. Sometimes overtime is available, sometimes it's not. The other people who work at the Middlewich site are all nice. There's a mixture of UK, Polish, Hungarian, Romanians and people from East Timor - they're all lovely. If you work hard you won't get any grief. I came here because my own outside business that i'd done for 30 years had suddenly become sluggish, and the extra cash has really helped me out for the last 5 months. They let you take break times in your car or the canteen. The car park is free.

Pros

see above

Cons

you need stamina to do 4x 12 hour shifts back to back.

Good company

Very fast paced and can be quite stressful trying to meet your targets. However, managers are nice and understanding, and the majority of people are nice to work with.

Pros

Good work life balance

23 September 2022
Thank you for your review. We're really happy to hear that your managers are supporting you effectively. We are a client led, fast paced business but employee work-life balance is something we strive to help employees achieve, that's why we offer competitive annual leave, flexible working patterns where possible and additional employee wellbeing resources through our Employee Assistance Program!

Great company to work for

Great company to work for. Great salary for warehouse work. Always opportunities for overtime. Overtime rate, excellent. Management are empathic and approachable

Pros

Gym on site, Always overtime

16 September 2022
Thank you for your superb review! We agree with everything!

Great company, teams and culture

GXO are a fantastic company for career development. Sites and contracts are fast paced, you will learn a lot and if you want progression and opportunities, you will get plenty! GXO have strong values and people are viewed as the heart of the business, you will be recognised and rewarded for your hard work. Without doubt I would recommend GXO as a great place to work and company to be a part of.

16 September 2022
Wow... just wow! You have hit the nail on the head and mentioned everything we are proud of! Thank you!

Terrible

It’s such a woeful company. They Weill literally take anyone and the managers have no idea how to manage their staff, they talk to people with no manners or respect because the colour of their hi-vis jacket gives them an inflated sense of worth in those walls. The job itself is easy, just scanning clothes for Zara, but everything else is just trash.

16 September 2022
Your review does not reflect the employee experience that we strive for - please reach out to us at GXOInquiries@gxo.com so we can better understand your concerns.

Wow just wow

Severely unprofessional and chaotic interview process.Contradictory working requirements, prehistoric hiring processes, the company doesn’t live in the real world and is very unsympathetic to families working through current life stresses.I spent £150 on travelling to site on three occasions to have my job offer withdrawn down to controversial hiring policy.No sympathy for the time and effort I put in committing to the company or my situation, where I was facing eviction for non payment of rent.Even on my short lived induction, equipment wasn’t working, and when they called in a third party to assist them, the third party was unable to assist them as GXO hadn’t paid their bill… Also on my ‘first day’ no contracts were signed and little professionalism was shown throughout the interview process, also home working was forbidden.I highly recommend you avoid this company if you value efficiency, integrity, sanity and a modern work life balance.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Absolutely everything else

Hard work but flexible

Demanding and very physical which I Dident mind, but management was slow to say anything If you required help and on certain jobs they don’t give you the proper PPE

Pros

Flexible working days

9 September 2022
We appreciate you sharing your experience. We strive to make every employee feel safe, supported, and valued so we hate to hear that you may not be feeling that. Please reach out to ethics@gxo.com so that we may address your concerns around PPE. You may also submit a report to gxo.ethicspoint.com if you want to remain anonymous.

Transport Management as other places... never sat in a truck in their life

The fleet managers at our site have no clue about unit or trailers ages most of the kit are other depots cast offs and some of the trailers are well past their sell-by date.

Pros

Very rare nights out

Cons

Multiple contracts could end up anywhere

Great team

Enjoyed the work, worked with a good bunch of lads, routes weren't always planned correctly. Hard graft but job & finish so that was a bonus. Good vehicles, kept up together.

9 September 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at GXO.

Average

Good money fast paced hectic office. plenty of overtime get on with job and you will be ok but shifts are long and sometime to many drops and put under a lot of pressure.

9 September 2022
Thank you for your review. It's good to hear that you had plenty of opportunities to work additional hours if you wished to do so. Logistics is a fast-paced industry and GXO is always flexing to meet customer demand, however, we understand that there is a balance to be had when it comes to work and home life. If you have any suggestions on how we could improve, please email us at UKreviews@gxo.com.

Produtive and fun workplace

A good opportunity to expand your knowledge and reach higher. Good working hours and free on-site parking. Choose the rote you want to work on because it's not easy to change anything after that.

26 August 2022
Thank you for your review, many of our sites offer a variety of different shift patterns to suit different peoples needs. We try to be as flexible as we can whilst ensuring we meet the needs of the clients we operate for.

Stressful

It was very stressful and it was way too fast paced. Some of the workers are fine but some would rush you if you tried to work at your own pace. I wouldn’t recommend

26 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us, its appreciated. We are a client led business and as such operate in a fast paced environment, the days fly by! The management team is there to support you and we'd strongly recommend that you talk openly with them about any concerns you have... they are there to help!

Avoid

Management all related, so no one to complain to. Go of their heads if you say you have a life outside work. 60hrs plus is expected but, min they don't need you, forced to take holidays. Transport staff don't listen to any driver complaints. But love to haul you over the coals if you do anything wrong. Would love to see them take as many, D&A tests they give to drivers. No communication between Transport staff shifts. So one will tell you one thing then another something completely different. Avoid like the plague. You'll pack it in within the first few days.

Pros

None really

26 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. Your experience does not reflect the high standards we set ourselves at GXO. We would like to understand your concerns better, please email us at UKreviews@gxo.com.

Hardwork

Good job and very easy on the brain don't have to think much. I can zone out for hours at a time. Management very friendly and helpful. Also very good union

26 August 2022
Thank you for your review... It's great that you feel supported by your managers. GXO is a business that encourages people to grow a career with us and we will provide you every opportunity to do so if you so wish.

Poor routes,, very poor management good pay

Very unorganised company but its probably only the trafford depot. The management is shocking. No communication at all. Apart from the stitch up the actual job is good once you leave the depot.

26 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. This doesn't sound like it's reflective of the standards we expect from our sites. Our employees are the most important part of our business and as such we have a focus on treating everyone with fairness and consistency. We'd like to look into this further, please feel free to contact us at ukreviews@gxo.com.

A Great place to work

Great cultureAmazing work life balanceVery supportive team - always happy to answer all the questions you might have!Fast paced Plenty of room for progression

Pros

Supportive culture, progression and development opportunities, fantastic atmosphere, work life balance.

26 August 2022
Thank you for your 5* review, greatly appreciated. We really like that you have mentioned the supportive nature of the teams at GXO, team work is dream work!

Endless opportunities with a progressive employer

What can I say ... since starting with GXO, I have been provided endless opportunities in order to elevate my career. I'm currently enrolled onto my second apprenticeship course and have been promoted twice in less than 4 years. The executive team communicate well, holding regular 'town hall' meetings so that you always feel well informed with what's going on within the business. The GXO culture and values ensure that you feel part of the family from day one and the work/life balance is second to none with the option of flexible/hybrid working when required.

26 August 2022
Amazing! Thank you for your great review. Did you know that over 50% of all of our open vacancies in the UK go to internal employees? It's our people that make our business - the more they grow, the more we grow!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GXO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare GXO Logistics with

• GXO Logistics
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?