H1 Healthcare

H1 Healthcare Reviews: Working at H1 Healthcare

United Kingdom35 reviews

staffhourpaycompanygoodworkingmanagementjob

Great place

the management was great ,very supportive ,had worked for them and would recoment to anyone. I was able to work with autism clients very challenging work but rewarding.

Excellent

Very flexible about shifts, lovely team to work with and engage with, Excellent and competitive rates, and try to accommodate you with shifts near your area. Weekly pay, free uniforms and lots of incentives while working there too.

Pros

Excellent training and development, localised shifts

Insights into H1 Healthcare

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Most of the staff are supportive and some of management

U feel pressure to pick up extra shifts office management are not supportive at all can be very rude only ever talk to u when a shift needs covered under supported and under payed and not appreciated my certain manager very high turnover of staff

Supportive & Forward thinking

Like any job, you get out of it what you are willing to put in! I enjoy working for a company that genuinely takes as much care of the staff as they do of their clients. Management are approachable, supportive and welcome suggestions for improvement. There are useful benefits and salary is good for the area in comparison to similar companies. All staff are offered a lot of support and training to develop skills whether office based or patient facing. Teams I have been part of are positive and friendly with a focus on achieving goals together. It’s a busy, fast paced place but I would 100% recommend it to anyone considering work in Health and Social Care!

Pros

Great teams & culture

Utter shambles

Eventually started working for H1 ( office based ) after months of them trying to decide if they needed me or not. The job changed three times and communication was really poor... They then offered me a job and I started. No social distancing within the office and their online files were far from up to date ! Stories of unqualified staff out looking after clients and utter disorganisation. Awful management and not somewhere you’d want to work unless you were desperate !

Pros

Free tea and coffee

Cons

The whole outfit is a shambles

Enjoyable

I enjoyed caring for my clients but the job didn't allow time to travel to one client to the next but I did the best i could.. The office manageress always kept in touch and was always ready to help.

Pretty decent agency

Pretty decent agency to work for - had a fair amount of work, hard working manager who went to bat for you, always appreciated! Not sure if still going now.

Great workplace

As a current employee of H1, only words i have is exceptional. There is always shifts available that suit your availability. As far as the staff in the office goes, well they are fantastic, fully supporting when needed and nothing is ever an issue. I honestly couldn't be happier in a job as i am with H1.

Pros

Work and life balance

Ok - if you like KPI’s

People in my team were my biggest assets. Very demanding, no support, fast paced, no transparency. Internal politics, uncertainty were the weak points.

Poor company

This company is very poor to work for, unless you are right in with Management. They have no morale and the way they treat their staff is awful. I would recommend to stay away from this company

Awful

Pay is terrible. Apparently you can earn up to such and such, I only work day shift, but never received more than the basic pay. They also take a pound off each hour you work and claim that to be your holiday pay, therefore your actual hourly rate off pay once you take off holiday pay is £8.25 not £9.25. Ca

Good if u enjoy no social life

Not enough work, expected to travel miles on public transport. Staff friendly until you say no to travelling miles for a shift. Pay not great and no holiday pay

Great company

Very supportive to staff and also good with training etc and in my experience all was good within company up until I left on 2014i would encourage ppl to apply

Pros

Good at helping with travel

Former Employee

By far one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. This company has no direction it was like being in a Zoo!! For any professionals to work with this organisation, think twice as your reputation is on line.

Pros

Zoo Fun a laugh

Honest Review

This company is awful in terms of developing their staff and providing support for the more junior consultants. Also a very high staff turnover Would not recommend

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

No support poor salary

Good

It was part-time work at the weekends Always busy Always learning with new staff and the people we looked after Management was good and friendly Some of the places I worked at didn't always have enough PPE and equipment The hardest part of the job was when going to a new location the full-time staff there sometimes were not pleased about agency workers being there, mostly as the agency workers were getting paid more than them

Pros

Plenty work

Cons

Not as good as it appears.

"What we need from a Nurse: Availability to work at least two shifts per week". "The opportunity to work up to 48 hours per week". New starters seem to get offered work. After that it's not so good. I've had weeks when I've had no work at all. Some weeks I've had 2 or 3 shifts; usually offered this when my recruitment consultant is off. Otherwise very hit or miss, no guarantee of being offered work. Text messages and emails sent out generally and given on first come first served basis - you can ring the office immediately and be told the shift is no longer available. It feels like a lottery. Very stressful not knowing if you're working the following week; difficult to plan ahead. The consultant is often not helpful. Avoid unless you also have a permanent job and are using agency shifts to top up your wages.

Pros

Weekly pay.

Cons

The way available work is allocated.

Ok place to work

The work was good however the employers / management were not great. My concerns weren’t listened too and I was not happy at work so I left to join another company

Loved The Job & Loved Meeting The Service Uses

Im very passionate about care work and loved looking after the service users I met however within this job you are not appreciated you are just a number. TheElgin & Forres branch keep losing the good carers because of their lack of appreciation and incentives needed to retain staff. Very high overturn of staff creating more pressure on the remaining staff. I was promised that the company would put me through my SVQ 2 on point of interview only to be told 3 months down the line that I would have to pay for it myself by means of using my own educational financial credits. I had to work xmas day and boxing day with no enhanced rate or even an extra days holiday, weekends are done on a flat rate too. Even though the £9 per hour sounds fantastic in today's care world with H1 they have another company paying your wages and you the employee have to pay £7.50 PER WEEK from your wages for that company to do your wages = £30 per month coming out of your own pay for someone to to your pay for you.........so the company are saving themselves money by not paying the company who do your wages. Training is terrible for what is expected of you. I also felt I couldn't trust anyone in the office with regards to our rights as workers, one rule for one and one rule for the other.....and it seemed you were the best carer/employee if you were picking up all the shifts when staff shortages happened, some employees cant afford to be running around picking up shifts all of the time & these carers are not getting credit where they deserve. I thought carer of the month should involve the quality -

Pros

Adequate hours

Cons

no employee incentitives

Ridiculous Excuse for an Agency

I honestly can’t emphasise enough how bad a company H1 Healthcare are. If you answer back, you will not be given shifts. If you turn down a shift, you will be questioned and interrogated as to why, then you will not receive any more shift offers. The “recruitment consultants” or as I like to call them, call centre workers, seem to think they are the Almighty. They are rude, ignorant, cheeky, and completely incompetent at all things included in their job description. They don’t even tell you where the shifts are, they just say “G32-Nightshift” for example. Complete joke of a company. Avoid at all costs.

Cons

Good company and staff hours poor very long

Always asking for extra shifts and no set patterns. Management not always friendly. Always told never asked but wage is good and staff are friendly.

Pros

Good wage

Cons

Very long hours very varied working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H1 Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement