HCA Healthcare

United Kingdom125 reviews

Found 125 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,982 reviews
progressioncolleaguerolesalarystaffhealthcaresupportivepatient

ok

It's ok, it get monotonous after a while making you feel like a robot. So if you're down to sit at a computer all day and continuously repeat the same process about 200 times a day then this job is for you

4 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish you all the best for the future.

Poor management

Very stressful. Patients are rude but management wont do a thing.always short staffedManagement won't be able to help always saying they are busy and does nothing on accomodating staff needsI am staying just to get experience then I am definitely going somewhere else.

Insights into HCA Healthcare

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Good company to work for

Lacking some direction on some projects. Attitude of stakeholders and SMEs is positive and everyone is keen to get the right results for patients and the business. Very approachable teams. Could improve on training and development but overall a good company to work for.

9 September 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and your feedback. We wish you all the best for your continued career with us.

Overworked and under appreciated

Coming from the NHS I had high expectations for the private sector but I was completely shocked when I came to work at a HCA hospital. Not surprised to hear all their staff recently left to go to a competitor. Staff are overworked and completely burnt out. The hospitals have a huge number of patients coming every day but to save money they constantly cut staffing numbers on every shift giving nurses a larger workload with no support from healthcare assistant’s. Their equipment is all old and broken. If their salary was not as competitive as it is their whole workforce would have left. It is no surprise they are struggling to recruit. They have a large number of senior management who do nothing and rarely come to the floors to support. Had I known all this before I never would have worked for them.

Pros

Good Salary

Cons

Long hours, no support, over worked, burnt out, old equipment, no staff, never leave on time

4 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your experience of working at HCA UK wasn't a positive one as we strive to ensure all our colleagues enjoy their time with us. We're continually investing in our colleagues, technology and facilities to enable our people to continue to deliver high standards of patient care. We wish you all the best for the future.

Excellent place to work

HCA is an excellent company to work for. The management team are very supportive and approachable with all aspects of employment and the team members make it a friendly place to work. The salary is good for the area and the location is very convenient. The company offers an excellent benefit and pension scheme and are very accommodating with flexible working requests where possible.

4 August 2022
Thank you for your review and positive feedback, we're glad to hear you're enjoying your time at HCA UK! We wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

Some old-fashioned processes but supportive environment and good worklife balance.

Pros:- A better respect for work-life balance than other places I've worked in the past, in the same industry.- Supportive teams and in-house options for development, or opportunities for outside education.- Some good working events to try and value all areas of the company.Cons:- Some very frustrating and long-winded processes (apparently imposed by the American parent company), that don't really work the same in the UK. Makes us seem slower or have less flexibility than other organisations in the same sector e.g. sourcing suppliers and staffing headcount.- Stone-age IT systems for some aspects.

4 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your feedback. We're glad to hear you feel supported to maintain a healthy work life balance as our colleagues wellbeing is incredibly important to us. We wish you all the best for the future.

Clear Vision Provided on what we need to achieve

Having worked at HCA Finance for over 10 years, I have seen plenty of change which is inevitable as companies have to respond to market changes. For the area, HCA salary is competitive with plenty of other scheme benefits around health, lifestyle and annual leave. There is a competency framework in place to assist with development and I have seen plenty of internal promotions. HCA encourages people to have an input into their role and try new ideas. I have a clear vision of what is expected of myself and my team via set targets and I personally feel valued by the Senior Management team via a simple "Thank you" and EPIC scheme awards to acknowledge people who go that extra mile. Like in most companies, there are some frustrations as always room for improvement which HCA acknowledge and listen to via employee feedback surveys.

4 August 2022
Thank you for your review and your feedback, we wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

Ranges from very great to awful depending on which hospital within HCA.

I started with HCA at The Princess Grace Hospital in 1997 on the Gastroenterology ward. I worked in ITU/HDU, Urology, Breast care and General Surgery during my 9 years there. I found that the middle management were dismissive and unsupportive. The floor staff were, in turn very unhappy. I moved to London Bridge Hospital and found it to be one of the best environments that I have worked in. Floor staff and management very supportive. Also each department had a family feel. Everyone willing to help one another.

13 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your initial experience of working at HCA wasn't a positive one as we firmly believe in creating a positive work environment for all our colleagues across our sites. We're heavily investing on our managers through additional learning and are currently running Leadership and Management (ILM) level 3 and 5 to colleagues across all facilities so they can better support their teams. We wish you all the best for your continued career with us.

Under paid

Under paid for what we do. Tried to raise and pay raised slightly however can get a lot more at other companies. Have decided that they clearly don’t rate what we do and therefore will be looking for alternative employment.

Pros

Corporate sites-free lunch

Cons

Under paid compared to others in different companies

13 May 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear your time at HCA isn’t a positive as we would hope. We regularly run salary benchmarking exercises to ensure we’re rewarding our colleagues fairly and are heavily investing in learning and development for our people so they can have a fulfilling career with us. We're more than happy to speak to you offline if you wish to discuss this further. Please feel free to reach out on paul.casey@hcahealthcare.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch.

Excellent employer

I have just started with HCA in Wilmslow and am finding them a very caring employer who genuinely care about their employees. There are excellent benefits and opportunities and they have a very positive culture. I would highly recommend

Pros

Caring employer & excellent company benefits

13 May 2022
Thanks for leaving a review and your comments. We're glad to hear you're enjoying your time at HCA UK. We wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

Lovely place to work

The loyalty was jeopardise when they employ compass as contractors for Housekeeping.. I was upset with HCA at the time.. I become a TUPE staff.. Compass is yet to give us pay that suits the nature of the job role.. We feel that HCA would have treated us better..

13 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we wish you all the best for the future.

Great for Professional and Personal Development

HCA Healthcare UK is a great place to work with a wide variety of highly skilled colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles. They are very supportive of professional and personal development and will support any course to upskill one as an individual.

5 May 2022
Thanks for your review and feedback, we're glad to hear you're enjoying working with us and feel supported to develop while doing so. We wish you all the best for the future.

Great culture and people

- Fast paced and challenging work. - Opportunities for professional development such as funded management courses. - Great people, management and culture. - Patient-centric approach.- Nice facilities.

Pros

Great development opportunities, strong management, interesting work, patient-centric

5 May 2022
Thanks for your review and positive feedback, we're glad to hear you're enjoying your time at HCA UK. We wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

Challenging but rewarding

You get out what you put in from HCA (Corporate). If you want to learn and develop you can go far and as the business grows and opportunities become available you can progress. Sometimes the workload can become challenging but there is often a good team moral and everyone comes together to get the job done. Pay is much better than it used to be and the work life balance if you live locally is excellent.

Pros

benefit packages

Cons

Short staffing

5 May 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and your feedback. it's great to hear you're enjoying your time at HCA UK. We wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

Overworked

Stressful and overworked many of the team work overtime constantly without pay. The unpaid overtime is known by management yet nothing changes. Even with extra hours there is still no time to get the work done

19 April 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear that your experience at HCA UK isn't a positive one as we strive to create an environment where our people can maintain a healthy work life balance. We'd encourage you to speak to your managers regarding your concerns around workload, or should you need further support your local HR team. We wish you all the best.

Poor management and lack of communication

HCA give off a fantastic image of we care about our staff and their wellbeing but the reality is far different. No member of staff was really happy. The constant stress of the work load and lack of staff made going in each day a struggle. Management don't care about you and only care about how much money the consultants bring in.

Cons

Management, overtime is expected mostly unpaid, unhealthy working environment in terms of work load and high turn around of staff

21 February 2022
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to highlight your concerns. We take all our feedback very seriously and use it to continuously review how we are doing in providing a great place to work. I am sorry to hear that your experience whilst at HCA Healthcare UK wasn’t a positive one. We have been investing in our leaders through a new programme of development, delivered by our in house team, and also continue to run Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) accredited programmes to leaders across all facilities. Should any colleagues have wellbeing or personal concerns about any aspect of work they have a local HR team that are able to support them.

Extremely busy but great team work

Great benefits, lovely environment, easy to move up the career ladder. Meet wonderful people. Great support network.very high standards of care and facilities to work with.

Pros

Lunch hall, staff facilities great. Friendly staff

Cons

Can get too busy

Slave driver

Terrible place to work, no point of pushing your staff to the brink with no time off, care for their well being or support. This isn’t the 1950s anymore and we aren’t in America. The American mentality of working doesn’t work here. You can be productive and efficient without pushing your staff to the breaking point. Staff have to be happy.

Pros

Cons

Tons

Friendly place to work

It can be a stressful place to work, however everyone I worked with were helpful, respectful and friendly.It can be stressful at times, however the work life balance is positive,to progress it is who you know and not always based on your skills and experience, and unfortunately you very rarely get a thank you and your hard work is not always recognized.The salary you get for what you do is not bad.

Pros

healthcare plan, you can buy additional days annual leave

Brilliant Healthcare Company

Loved working for HCA for eight and half years, brilliant company to work for and would have continued had I not retired.Salary very compatible and are able to progress within the company, help with training and absolutely loads of help and support.Always willing to help you climb the ladder.

Pros

Free healthcare, season tickets loans

A good place to work

Working in the company was a positive experience. My manager was always generous, and supportive for the staff and the patients . Other nurses in other departments might have different experiences. I would return to work in HCA.

Pros

Solid company to work

Cons

Need to improve salary rates and benefits to match the competition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement