HCA Healthcare

HCA Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent benefits, enjoy working with patients and managing a team, Working hand in hand with consultants On going training is provided to all staff
Pros
Growth
Cons
Short breaks
Bullying is going on all the times,if you step on someone's toes you shouldn't you are done...your life is going to be unbearable until you have no choice but leave,funny it's not the colleagues it is the management.
Pros
There are nice colleagues as well
Cons
Bullying, extremely stressful
I do not recommend to work at HCA Healthcare UK. I found it an uncaring and dis-respectful business combine with disregard for staff and patients, void of real patient care or respect.
Pros
Cons
Bad communications and organisation, non-acknwledgement of high calbre taltent and mature workers.
From the year I worked at HSC my team dropped from 7 to 3. With no line manager for 10 months. No support from higher members of staff. Very stretched team. No heart or soul. All about money making and keeping patients happy, forgetting to treat staff the same
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Heartless work culture.
If you are a “yes” person then this job is for you however if you are honest and realistic you risk being undermined and blacklisted by management. No scope for career progression I.T department work incredibly slowly.Constant staff shortages so you are forced to do a two-man jobOutdated systems and no desire to improve themNeglectful, ruthless and disconnected management who operate on a “do as I say not as I do basis”Favouritism and discriminatory antics between staff members about colleagues and managementCounterproductive and meaningless tasks with no correlation to your job description.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Office Politics, No scope for career advancement
I received little training in my new role. the department I worked in was understaffed, so there was no time to help with further help. i was basically told get on with it! I raised mu concerns numerous times but nothing happened. Departments workloads need to be shared out better. i was offered a role to take payments but basically worked on the complaints line, which i was not capably of handling.
HCA is a fantastic workplace to be if you have already achieved all your further education in Nursing. This is not however the place where you can advance your knowledge. It depends where in your career journey you find yourself and what you want out of your career. It is a pleasant and nurturing environment and the salary and benefits are good.
Pros
Very understanding and supportive team
Cons
very little scope for advancement, minimal funds for training
Management have no care for their staff and talk to them with no respect. Mangers operate a 'do as i say not as i do' approach which was told to me numerous times. The wages are poor compared to what is demanded of you and when reviewing pay the company use no common sense. For example pay rise for staff but not seniors so seniors earn no more than team members,
I spent my days here electronically sifting through patients medical records to find anomalies and then correcting them. The office environment was fun and professional.
I have worked for HCA Healthcare for over 7 years now. I started as a newly qualified nurse and have managed to climb up the ladder within our cancer department.
The salary is terrible and they often performance as means to sack staff. The work you are given to deliver is often out of your job descriptions. No support from manager.
flexible hours and it gets money in for students. unreliable for full source of income as it doesnt pat enough so recomend another job. nice staff. alright ,anagement
In spite of being a healthcare provider, they seem to struggle to provide care to their own stuff. People are frustrated by obsolete systems and old-fashioned managers. It is a real shame because they could have such an impact on work/life balance with little effort. A real shame.
Morally rewarding but the pay isn't great and there's a lot of driving around. You also need to be able to stay strong for families when their loved one isn't doing very well. Its a great role and if the money was better, I would have stayed.
Pros
Rewarding, meet great people
Cons
Long hours, lots of driving, poor money
A nice place to work if in the right area and right management structure around. Coupled with correct funding and vision, its a stable forwarding thinking and caring organisation with a strong culture and ethos.
Pros
Very committed to customer and patient outcomes.
Cons
A bit slow moving and risk averse.
I was working in Portland Hospital, the team is really nice and I enjoyed working with my colleagues but the supervision is very poor, no professionalism, no appreciate, no responsibility, they used us to cover them jobs in absence of the staff, unfair for many things, if you refuse to cover and is not your duties you will be in the black list, and you will targeted by them by verbal warning until kick you out warning
The company itself is not so bad but senior managers are seriously lacking in managerial skills. Instead of fostering supportive environment where employees can thrive, there is a serious culture of undermining and bullying going on. Staff retention is a big problem due to these issues. Anyone hoping to apply for a job with this company, please reconsider or you'll make the worst mistake of your career.
Experience is purely based on role and location. Pros and cons amongst clinic and non clinical areas. Can be a toxic place to work, full of discrimination and humiliation, especially amongst new and junior employees. Senior management do not appreciate contributions. You are expected to work until you have nothing left to give, while breaks are frowned upon. Working within the finance department amongst the largest hospitals of the group, have bad reputations, leadership and overal morale. Your rights, employment policies are used against you, to suit business needs. Retention is HCA’s biggest downfall. Staff leaving every other day, adds workload to multiply at no extra incentive, time back or pay. No such thing as formal training. Good pay, however very unequal amongst co-workers. Social events are well. You meet great people. However things needs addressing and sought change.
Pros
Pay, location
Cons
Numerous
Do as you are told or you risk losing your job. Tell management what they like to hear, dear to be honest and realistic and you'll be seen as a threat
No management support, no team work and no career advancement/training opportunities for. Only available to upper management. Always not enough staff in departments and therefore available staff stretched and over worked.
HCA is a wonderful organization to be employed with. The HCA corporate position of clinical documentation enabled me to develop an understanding of how to teach, manage complex data and information, and learn the fundamental principals of business. This organization is one of the best to work for.
  1. Employee reviews