HCA Healthcare

HCA Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom116 reviews

Found 116 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,713 reviews
progressioncolleaguerolesalarystaffhealthcaresupportivepatient

Ranges from very great to awful depending on which hospital within HCA.

I started with HCA at The Princess Grace Hospital in 1997 on the Gastroenterology ward. I worked in ITU/HDU, Urology, Breast care and General Surgery during my 9 years there. I found that the middle management were dismissive and unsupportive. The floor staff were, in turn very unhappy. I moved to London Bridge Hospital and found it to be one of the best environments that I have worked in. Floor staff and management very supportive. Also each department had a family feel. Everyone willing to help one another.

13 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear your initial experience of working at HCA wasn't a positive one as we firmly believe in creating a positive work environment for all our colleagues across our sites. We're heavily investing on our managers through additional learning and are currently running Leadership and Management (ILM) level 3 and 5 to colleagues across all facilities so they can better support their teams. We wish you all the best for your continued career with us.

Under paid

Under paid for what we do. Tried to raise and pay raised slightly however can get a lot more at other companies. Have decided that they clearly don’t rate what we do and therefore will be looking for alternative employment.

Pros

Corporate sites-free lunch

Cons

Under paid compared to others in different companies

13 May 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear your time at HCA isn’t a positive as we would hope. We regularly run salary benchmarking exercises to ensure we’re rewarding our colleagues fairly and are heavily investing in learning and development for our people so they can have a fulfilling career with us. We're more than happy to speak to you offline if you wish to discuss this further. Please feel free to reach out on paul.casey@hcahealthcare.co.uk and one of the team will be in touch.

Insights into HCA Healthcare

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks

Excellent employer

I have just started with HCA in Wilmslow and am finding them a very caring employer who genuinely care about their employees. There are excellent benefits and opportunities and they have a very positive culture. I would highly recommend

Pros

Caring employer & excellent company benefits

13 May 2022
Thanks for leaving a review and your comments. We're glad to hear you're enjoying your time at HCA UK. We wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

Lovely place to work

The loyalty was jeopardise when they employ compass as contractors for Housekeeping.. I was upset with HCA at the time.. I become a TUPE staff.. Compass is yet to give us pay that suits the nature of the job role.. We feel that HCA would have treated us better..

13 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we wish you all the best for the future.

Great for Professional and Personal Development

HCA Healthcare UK is a great place to work with a wide variety of highly skilled colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles. They are very supportive of professional and personal development and will support any course to upskill one as an individual.

5 May 2022
Thanks for your review and feedback, we're glad to hear you're enjoying working with us and feel supported to develop while doing so. We wish you all the best for the future.

Great culture and people

- Fast paced and challenging work. - Opportunities for professional development such as funded management courses. - Great people, management and culture. - Patient-centric approach.- Nice facilities.

Pros

Great development opportunities, strong management, interesting work, patient-centric

5 May 2022
Thanks for your review and positive feedback, we're glad to hear you're enjoying your time at HCA UK. We wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

Challenging but rewarding

You get out what you put in from HCA (Corporate). If you want to learn and develop you can go far and as the business grows and opportunities become available you can progress. Sometimes the workload can become challenging but there is often a good team moral and everyone comes together to get the job done. Pay is much better than it used to be and the work life balance if you live locally is excellent.

Pros

benefit packages

Cons

Short staffing

5 May 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and your feedback. it's great to hear you're enjoying your time at HCA UK. We wish you all the best for your continued career with us!

Overworked

Stressful and overworked many of the team work overtime constantly without pay. The unpaid overtime is known by management yet nothing changes. Even with extra hours there is still no time to get the work done

19 April 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear that your experience at HCA UK isn't a positive one as we strive to create an environment where our people can maintain a healthy work life balance. We'd encourage you to speak to your managers regarding your concerns around workload, or should you need further support your local HR team. We wish you all the best.

Poor management and lack of communication

HCA give off a fantastic image of we care about our staff and their wellbeing but the reality is far different. No member of staff was really happy. The constant stress of the work load and lack of staff made going in each day a struggle. Management don't care about you and only care about how much money the consultants bring in.

Cons

Management, overtime is expected mostly unpaid, unhealthy working environment in terms of work load and high turn around of staff

21 February 2022
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to highlight your concerns. We take all our feedback very seriously and use it to continuously review how we are doing in providing a great place to work. I am sorry to hear that your experience whilst at HCA Healthcare UK wasn’t a positive one. We have been investing in our leaders through a new programme of development, delivered by our in house team, and also continue to run Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) accredited programmes to leaders across all facilities. Should any colleagues have wellbeing or personal concerns about any aspect of work they have a local HR team that are able to support them.

Extremely busy but great team work

Great benefits, lovely environment, easy to move up the career ladder. Meet wonderful people. Great support network.very high standards of care and facilities to work with.

Pros

Lunch hall, staff facilities great. Friendly staff

Cons

Can get too busy

Slave driver

Terrible place to work, no point of pushing your staff to the brink with no time off, care for their well being or support. This isn’t the 1950s anymore and we aren’t in America. The American mentality of working doesn’t work here. You can be productive and efficient without pushing your staff to the breaking point. Staff have to be happy.

Pros

Cons

Tons

Friendly place to work

It can be a stressful place to work, however everyone I worked with were helpful, respectful and friendly.It can be stressful at times, however the work life balance is positive,to progress it is who you know and not always based on your skills and experience, and unfortunately you very rarely get a thank you and your hard work is not always recognized.The salary you get for what you do is not bad.

Pros

healthcare plan, you can buy additional days annual leave

Brilliant Healthcare Company

Loved working for HCA for eight and half years, brilliant company to work for and would have continued had I not retired.Salary very compatible and are able to progress within the company, help with training and absolutely loads of help and support.Always willing to help you climb the ladder.

Pros

Free healthcare, season tickets loans

A good place to work

Working in the company was a positive experience. My manager was always generous, and supportive for the staff and the patients . Other nurses in other departments might have different experiences. I would return to work in HCA.

Pros

Solid company to work

Cons

Need to improve salary rates and benefits to match the competition

Good but

The people make the job and that is one of the big benefits of the company. The role is not dissimilar to any other in the collections sectre however training is limited at best. On site management are good however the issues arise with senior management in London who are so detached from what the job entails. They do a regular 'vital voices' survey which in their eyes is a big gesture to appease the little people however it only brings about token improvements and nothing of substance.

Pros

The team

Cons

Senior management

Stressful

Work place is dominant by (one ethnic group) as they jell together which I found it very difficult to break through at the social and professional level. Any body mistake will magnified and there mistakes will be brushed under the carpet. If you review the hiring process you will recognize that very clearly ( the selection process is very in fair and if look at who are leaving you will recognize that

good team

Could be a great place to work, if the management could be caring rather than driven by money and bias. There appears to some sort of cultural bias going on, only people that appear to fit a mold are promoted to management-type roles. There is little work-life balance- Overtime is considered normal working time. Working from home is only possible for people at a certain level.

Pros

Good collegues

Cons

Lots

Not a pleasant place to work

Bullying is going on all the times,if you step on someone's toes you shouldn't you are done...your life is going to be unbearable until you have no choice but leave,funny it's not the colleagues it is the management.

Pros

There are nice colleagues as well

Cons

Bullying, extremely stressful

I do not recommend to work at HCA Healthcare UK

I do not recommend to work at HCA Healthcare UK. I found it an uncaring and dis-respectful business combine with disregard for staff and patients, void of real patient care or respect.

Pros

Cons

Bad communications and organisation, non-acknwledgement of high calbre taltent and mature workers.

Stressful, no support

From the year I worked at HSC my team dropped from 7 to 3. With no line manager for 10 months. No support from higher members of staff. Very stretched team. No heart or soul. All about money making and keeping patients happy, forgetting to treat staff the same

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Heartless work culture.

Do as you are told or you risk losing your job!

If you are a “yes” person then this job is for you however if you are honest and realistic you risk being undermined and blacklisted by management. No scope for career progression I.T department work incredibly slowly.Constant staff shortages so you are forced to do a two-man jobOutdated systems and no desire to improve themNeglectful, ruthless and disconnected management who operate on a “do as I say not as I do basis”Favouritism and discriminatory antics between staff members about colleagues and managementCounterproductive and meaningless tasks with no correlation to your job description.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Management, Office Politics, No scope for career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement