HSBC

• Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Busy working environment

As a global company you are treated as just a number not a person, heavy workload. The workload is stressful, more you do it is never enough. Mangers have favourites. Used to be a great place to work but not now.

Pros

Employee share plan options

Cons

Unattainable objectives, moves the goalposts, ageist

Most amazing place to work

Very good place to work in. Every thing is been planned ahead so there is no surplices. Top class world rebound management. Work for each day has been properly planned and assigned. HR and management gives good support for everything.

Pros

Fee beverages and five star management

Cons

N/a

Fund accounting

Income team , reconciliation, break resolutions , upstream and downstream teams coordination, cross training, mentoring , sla and pla meet , error logging, quality checking of tasks performed

Temp role

Steady rolling month by month temp role. Fair amount of work for a 7 hour shift. Agency worker for Reed in which HSBC is the client. Get paid every Friday.

Stress less, Competitive and friendly job

Every day is a busy day. We should work for cutoff time. I could polish my English speaking and writing skills. HSBC management is excellent. Their is a friendly work place culture. The hardest part of the job is working without errors. So now i can work without errors. We can do our daily works happily. This is the enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Free transport

Professional Work Place

You can work relaxly. Work culture is great. Can work independantly. Flexible working hours. Atmosphere is so professional. Everyone is treated eqally.

Pros

Relaxed in most cases

Cons

Shifts can vary from early mornibg to mid nights

The people were very accommodating towards me, they respected the work that I did for them, I always got praised for a job well done, nice atmosphere. Very relaxed working environment.

Great at keeping customer service at its best. Opportunities to cross train to encompass new processes. Supporting colleagues around the globe. Very much a team oriented company.

Product and busy.

A very challenging place to work, always busy which is great as the day goes very quick. Interesting range of people, albeit some do feel they are more superior than others.

Pros

Beautiful free lunches

great while it lasted

A great employer while it lasted. Unfortunately the changes to the contracts meant the erosion of workers pensions, overtime and working rights. Eventually the work was sold on making the role redundant

Most regulated work place

A typical work day at HSBC passes with stressful targets and need to face different cultured people. In a country like Sri Lanka, the companies like this is really encouraging and spacious for minority people to climb up the career ladder because of diversity. As this was my first job, I learnt a lot about corporate culture and got an extended chance to interact with different cultured people. In terms of hardest part in the work, I would say the competition is very high and need to go on with different talented people (Working in diverse environment is advantageous as well as disadvantageous :p). It's really fun to work at HSBC, but it fully dependents on the process or department you are working on.

Great starter project

Fast paced project, great as a first time project to work on. Management team were great. Work was repetitive. Good at dealing with grievances /issues

Pros

Great management, relaxed environment

Cons

Repetitive work

A supportive place to work once they decide their focus

I found HSBC to be a very competitive and rewarding place to work, challenging as well. I would work there again should an opportunity arise. Expectations should be set in more thorough manner rather than testing out a new role with poor and unreasonable expectations.

was only a temp position

Was only a temp position, would have like to stay there full time as work was interesting and people were very friendly Dealt with advisors Canada wide.

It is a good Company to work for especially for New Joiners who are looking to build up there career ay HSBC , great place to learn and also Mangers are very cooperating and friendly

Pros

Good Work Culture

Cons

Promotions are not structured

Decent place to work

The work could range from interesting to mundane. Management was fair and reasonable. There was room to express your ideas and most of my fellow employees were decent people.

Good Company

Great Place to work, Good administration, Great atmosphere, learning experience while working. Pick up and drop facility provided. Amazing cafeteria to eat.

Not a nice place

Not a nice place to work. Lasted 7 weeks, in this work place. The environment was not nice. The people looked like there were going to die at their desks, of boredom. It, is a very draining work place and not a place I would recommend. If you love money then you will fit in well. If money is not a love of your but just a tool, then don't work here. I base, that on my experience.

Cons

Long Hours

Administrator

Servicing client Handling fund services, daily transactions, reporting, and telephone enquiry Direct report to team leader for different client Peaceful environment with colleagues

Pros

Peaceful environment

Cons

Cant maintain worklife balance

Productive, knowledgeable and fun

HSBC is a place for fresh graduates to embark their career in the banking line. Alot of courses are made available for staff. I started as a Clerk in 1991 and along the way I gained vast experience and skills.

Pros

Engaged in voluntary work with society

Cons

Stressful, at times work long hours

Best place to work.

I had a very good work environment and a wonderful managers who always been a part of my successful carrier with hsbc. Hsbc always finds the talents of the employees and encourage them to improve their knowledge on what they good at.

Pros

Good work life management, employee benifits

Cons

Less salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.4K