Hales Group Ltd
Happiness score is 39 out of 100

Hales Group Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews

hourcaredaycompanypaytimemanagementjob

The management, supervisors don't care about staff

The work colleagues was good, the service users are great, but office people.... horrible, family in the office: supervisor and manager, all they care it's to find a covers for calls. The service users at the end-no care for them at all...

Pros

Kind service users

Cons

No support from office, the service users at the end of their interest

Secure and Supportive.

Hales is a secure and supportive employer. They provide you with the appropriate and extensive training to enable you to complete your job to the best of your ability.

Pros

Great Support

Insights into Hales Group Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Professional & Respectful

Hales Group are a respectful compassionate company with the clients best interests at heart. Good work life balance and very rewarding career. Lots of opportunities to progress.

Very unreliable

Horrible people within the office and get spoke to very unprofessionally and they base their business on intimidation of their employees completely put me off from working within the care industry again the other caters you work with are very lovely but they all say the same about the office I personally got shouted at down the phone and their time management is appalling and on top of this they expect you to do hours that are not possible for you to have any life in and within the interview I was not told that I needed to work a full day on the weekend meaning 7am-10pm with minimal breaks even if you do this company any favours at all it would get thrown into your face and as an ex employee here honestly I can say there is many better care companies such as comfort call/ first call and HSG save your time with this company

Pros

Lovely caters

Cons

Horrible office workers and will be out all day

Like a large family.

Hales swaffham is a great place to work. Management are very approachable and caring. The only thing against hales is they are the lowest paid carers in the area.

Pros

Working hours

Cons

Staff sicknesd

Good job, untrustworthy office staff

The job itself is great if you like to care for people, however the staff uncharged (ie, the co-ordinators and the office manger) are very unreliable, I can safely say I haven't felt welcomed since I started, nor does the company come across professional or seem to understand what confidentiality means, the hours are very long, however if you want a decent wage the money can be good if you put the hours in. I am also a walker so I spend alot of money in taxis and I get no money towards.

Pros

The patients are amazing and very appreciative

Cons

Long hours and unreliable management team

Terrible

This company does not careServices users often go with late calls an 8am call getting done at 2pm.There is no work life balanceCare staff receive rotas the night before due to work with out being told are at workCalls for early mornings get added to rotas after 10pm with being asked or told resulting in late or missed calls

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, management do not care

BAD experience Nightmare

very bad experience for me , management doesn't listen to you and dont respect your hours given , no money back for petrol and inappropriate comment

Pros

Free ppe mask gloves apron

Cons

Hours, Pay, Mileages

Stressful, overworked

Very stressful No travel time inbetween calls. Expect you to use your ppe more than once bullied into doing overtime and taking on more calls. Don't pay you the right pay.

Pros

Going home

Yikes

Require you to do long hours, would sometimes work from 6am through till gone 10pm, little to no break, management were not organised at all. Little to no communication from management to the carers and between carers.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Everything else

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hales Group Ltd?

Great place of work

Hales is a great company to work for, I started off as an apprentice in 2017. they supported me all the way through this apprenticeship and went the extra mile to get me through this. I am now full time and qualified in business administration. they are always looking for their staff to progress further and always want the best for the clients.

Pros

great support

Great team work

I have always felt like I belong at hales and love that feeling. But Hales management should try and employ more staff, or have plenty of bank staff, alternatively work with agencies, so your reliable staff never have to work two jobs most days, Has this as a snowball effect on tiredness on the staff on shift and that's we're mistakes happen

Pros

Permanent job

Cons

Never enough staff

Demanding and underpaid

I would drive to one service user to another. The company provided mobile phones with a software to access patient care instructions. I found that we had no time allocated to travel from one place to another. I loved helping people but the job itself was demanding due to always running late from one place to another and apologising because I can't get to the other side of the city in 5 minutes.

very rewarding

I loved my time at Abbey/Hales it was challenging at times , I got on with all the employees and enjoyed going to clients homes and helping them as much as i could, I found this very rewarding

Great atmospher and hard working company

Great company to work for very flexible and helpful. being able to work on your own initiative but knowing that you have the back up of your care co Ordinator.

Average

Wasn't too bad of a company to work for, the management weren't very caring or helpful when it came to personal issues. They sprung calls onto you without notifying you and then made you run behind for the rest of the night meaning you wouldn't get home until near on 11pm which wasn't fair at all, they had no care toward staff at all

Ok company

Never ask about extra calls, just put them on you and communication is poor. Loved the job, company was ok, but could have been better in the office. Employ anyone and seem to care more about money than anything else.

Better pay

Needs better pay for the hours you do and get asked to cover. They seem very self absorbed seniors who don’t do anything apart from sit on there bums. When raising concerns they don’t listen nor care about what you have to say. It’s always the blame game never take responsibility for there own actions

The worst company I have ever worked for.

Unorganised Unsafe Lack of resources to be able to do your job. Awful management Bully culture among office staff Not fit for the service they provide.

Pros

Pay is above average for the role

Cons

Management are vile

Okay place to work

Some staff were quite lovely to work with although you had the odd few who thought they were something special. normal day at work but liked to use the younger staff for petty work and then bin them off when not needed. new manager thinks she is queen of england

Not very good

Staff wasnt supportive when 2 colleagues screamed in my face and a service user was plain rude and rammed lots of calls on you because the senior was to busy sat on there bums you also get paid by the call/minute not a hour so if your full time get 9hours worth of calls all you get paid for not worth it

Pros

A few days of

Cons

They constantly ring you to do overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hales Group Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement