Hales Jobs

Hales Jobs Employee Reviews

Did every hours as possible to earn for my petrol as my wage didn’t cover for petrol for the hours I put in to the job was let down by the management and staff due to losing my license that I wasn’t involved in and didn’t get help to back me up due to other worker mistake the clients are wonderful and I enjoyed taking care of them all but communication was a big issue.
Pros
Wonderful clients and great workers I worked with
Cons
Communication difficulties
Hales is a really good company to work for. Very organised and flexible for availability. Management really supportive and always on call help and support if needed. Good pay, mileage and petrol allowance. Free PPE, uniform and DBS checks. Pay weekly/monthly.Generally a lovely team to be working for and with. Finally a care company who goes the extra mile for the service users.
Pros
Free ppe, training, uniform and DBS check. Very supportive team/management
I have worked at Hales for 2 years, first as a carer and then as part of the office team. Doing both jobs I have had a chance to experience both sides of the company. I loved being a carer and loved seeing the service users. I felt I had consistency in my job and was able to provide a good level of care due to this. I felt supported from the office and felt they were approachable in my time as a carer. Once I started in the office my job role changed. I felt at first overwhelmed as I did not have any proper training for my office role. I felt as I had already experienced the company as a carer this helped me massively when transitioning in to an office role. Working in the office can be stressful at sometimes especially on busy days but this can be said about any job. The work environment within in the office is great and the team we have is amazing and works really well together. Sometime the lack of communication and consistency can sometimes be a hurdle in working but support from our branch manager really helps and I feel she really has our backs.
Pros
Good work environment, Rewarding work.
Cons
Sometimes stressful, Underpaid in areas of work.
I have been a Co-Ordinator in the Ipswich branch for 3 years and was a carer for Ipswich Hales for 1 year before applying for the co-ordinator position. I have enjoyed every second of working for Hales, my manager does everything to support me with my work and home life. I thought returning to work after having a baby and having a year off would be really difficult however I have been amazed how smoothly and easily I have been brought back into work and the support I have received. Our workplace culture is fantastic! I feel that all our office staff and care workers all get along and do as much as we can to help each other out.I would highly recommend working for Hales homecare Ipswich!
Pros
Working with a fantastic office team, a fantastic manager and wonderful carers!
Cons
Main CON is no sick pay!
lack of hours. Constant changing you're rota. Long days not so much of hours. Paid by the minute so you can expect that you don't get paid for your free time and petrol
Pros
Not stuck in one place all day
Cons
Change of rotA several times
Everyone here, including the office staff, carers and service users are all lovely. We all work together as a team to make sure the business in our branch is running smoothly and always want our service users happy
Worked here for just over 4 months management was terrible, got bullied by other colleagues senior management did nothing.. if a service user if horrible and snatched knives and hits other people they do nothing less then minimum wage as paid by the minute so if you dont have calls you basically sat doing nothing for over a hour always chasing your wages also
22 March 2020
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.We'd love to hear from you directly about the issue you have mentioned so that we may review where we could have done better & have the opportunity to make changes.Please email our team: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch soon to talk to you.
Management are bullies pathetic people a few times I wanted to hit them honestly someone starting trouble outside says less to you Dom care your out all day 15 hours plus paid for eight in there homes your paid by call but you must scan in out you do not get paid it the client requires more time only what’s down never work for them
30 January 2020
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.We'd love to hear from you directly about the issue you have mentioned so that we may review where we could have done better & have the opportunity to make changes.We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.Please email our team: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch soon to talk to you.
I have been with Hales for around 4 months and they have been nothing but amazing and supportive since I started. The directors are so helpful and the team in the branch and other branches are so easy to get along with. Training is second to none to ensure you fully understand the role. Work hard and you will be rewarded :)
22 March 2020
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you enjoyed working for Hales.If you ever want to speak with us directly about your experience, please email: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch!
terrible to work for never had much work not very good if you want to be a carer for the first not trained very good but the girl are good to talk to for help but not much else
30 January 2020
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hales Jobs?
Not enough hours available to do the work that needs to be done. 2 part time staff would have been a better option giving overall longer hours Unfair and underhand treatment of staff
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Not enough hours to do work that is required, Management underhand
1 May 2019
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.We'd love to hear from you directly about the issue you have mentioned so that we may review where we could have done better & have the opportunity to make changes. We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.Please email our team: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch soon to talk to you.
Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone to work with/work for. Management do nothing but sit at their desk then blame team, no incentives, rewards or praise. Every person who is invited into the office is spoken rudely about when they leave the office, candidates who apply for the job are looked up on Facebook and the office is asked first if they are known before they consider them. Sexist, Racist and homophobic in the office and work with companies who are like that too. Promote bullying and talk about higher management behind their backs then blame it on other ‘Hales’ offices. Very rude and horrible staff who have groups within the business, the pay is awful as well for the area and no parking included at any branch. No safety or care for their staff at all. You are expected to work long hours with no overtime pay or time back, expected to not take your full lunch break and expected to cover out of hours phone on holidays. Management actually said this to myself. The commmsion scheme isn’t fair and they take the money away from you so have no commission or prizes at all. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY EVEN IF YOU ARE DESPERATE
28 January 2019
Absolute joke of a company. Stated a job has become available from a client for 2 cleaning operatives to clean. Communication skills are non existent. Your better off talking to a wall. 3 weeks to try get hold of Natalie hales.. Branxh manager.. We kept chasing up but nothing. We get told we would get rang back.. This never happened. 3 weeks of Disappointment.. Then we get an email stating oh we have it wrong all this time.. Its for 1 person not 2.. WHAT CROCK! Avoid hales group like the plague at all costs.. Disastrous company.. Plenty of better recruitment agencies about.
Pros
nothing
Cons
No communication. False Advertisments
28 January 2019
Long days, hard work.... very rewarding loved the service users. the wage was above minimum wage, which is good for a care company. however I found balancing work life and personal life difficult as any days of I had was spent ignoring their constant phone calls and texts asking to cover calls.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
poor management
28 January 2019
Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you enjoy working for Hales.If you ever want to speak with us directly about your experience or your concerns above, please email: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch!
The service users were genuinely lovely, but you're not likely to be allocated enough time per call, nor enough travelling time, the meds training was poor, the mileage rate was only 15p per mile, and there was a reluctance for my managers to get involved when I reported concerns regarding service users' safety. Claims for extra time spent with service users had to be put on an additional timesheet. I never got paid for any extra time and I think my branch office must have thrown my extra timesheets away. I had to use my personal mobile phone and was not reimbursed. I had to chase holiday pay and, after I left, the office agreed that I had been paid at the wrong rate. There was an attempt to achieve a work/life balance by having a rota that meant you worked Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday one week, and Wednesday, Thursday, Friday the following week. You were expected to work normally if your workdays coincided with Christmas. If you live in a town and don't drive, they might try to create a round that you can walk round. If you can only work, eg. three nights a week, I think they would try to be flexible with that as well.
Pros
Tailored rotas
Cons
Badly paid, bullying managers
13 December 2018
Get your family away if they have Hales! Carers are wonderful office staff are cruel abusive and corrupt they will abuse family members on the phones secretly they abuse their own staff. This company needs closing down especially Lowestoft and Norwich branches. Nothing is confidential and if you whistle blow to the highest people it comes straight back down to your manger and you then lose your work become bullied and dragged in the office and abused by regional managers. who reduce you to tears whilst abusing you as a person. Elderly people are left with no calls. Some have been found days after and rushed to hospital. Management needs sacking. This company does illegal things and gets away with it.
Pros
Nothing!
12 November 2018
Productive, supporting workplace. I thing that they pay rate was good, the management and the office workers were supportive and if i need to talk to someone, i was helped.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Paperwork
12 November 2018
I was with Hales for about 2 years. The staff out giving the care are mostly good, but the office staff are underhand, lie, and cannot do the job to any standard. They left my book at another service users house with all my details on show, my key code, my controlled medication etc. They did not sack the staff member and made out that it was not a big deal. My calls were often only covered my 1 staff and not 2 like in my plan. They did'nt even ask my husband and when we complained Zoe said that she does'nt have to ask. He should just do it. I would not let Hales look after my dad or anyone that cannot fight for themselves. They are a company who are not bothered about the service users. They think it's ok for a morning shower breakfast call to end at gone midday. I am diabetic and wheelchair dependant need my calls at 8.30 9.00am not 11am. They even said it's either 1pm or no care.. This is disgusting care from what I hoped would be a good firm. They are a joke and until they get new office staff this disfunctional company will carry on.
Pros
None really but the carers do try
Cons
They either need special measures and get rid of all office staff
12 October 2018
Demanding caring role for the thereford branch... no breaks on shift in 14 hour visit list...that you get payed 10 hours for. Rude co-ordinators and vacant manager.
Pros
Working long hours for awful money
Cons
A good insight into a poorly run team
12 October 2018
Worked for hales wickford branch worst place I’ve ever worked for, manager thinks she Knows her job but don’t wouldn’t except advice always knew best with an attitude, rotas a joke out Friday nights around 6-7 pm for Monday week didn’t give any new client information ,care plans done by inexperienced staff and assessments ,hardly answered the office phone when u needed them ,never reply’s to any questions about your work for ever chasing them so un professional ,missed care calls then try to blame staff for there mistakes really needs looking into dangerous to work for when no proper care plans and risk assessment in place and Office staff that really don’t care.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
12 October 2018
my time at hales group was amazing one of the most rewarding jobs i have ever had as most jobs they have there ups and downs. up sides you always met new people managment was always on hand if you needed. for my self i liked the feeling of going home knowing my work was done to the best i could witch made my clients feel happy.downs the hardest part of this job was the end of life care and you get that call from management to let you know they are no longer with us. from this job i learend so much as it was the first care job i had done to name a few hoist, slide sheet, comode, rotunder, wheel chairs and peg feeding.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
long days split shifts
2 July 2018