Happiness score is 61 out of 100

Halifax Employee Review

Undervalued and unappreciated

Company doesn't give a monkey about branch staff.Colleagues over the phone tell people to go into branch but sometimes we only have 2 staff members but you need 2 visible to customers at all times.Quite often missed having a lunch and regularly struggle to go to the toilet when I need.However I'm expected to book in appointments for business, fix broken machines, work on a till and back office and help desk etc all while we have 30+ customers queueing out the door, moaning about the wait times in branch, understandably dissatisfied about the lack of staff to support them.Just a matter of time before I leave.Company was OK before covid and brilliant during, but now society is getting back on track the branches are an after thought.Only good thing is the pension and mortgage discount. Wage isn't even competitive. Less than £20k and been their 15 years.Loyalty counts for sod all.Most branches now don't even have face to face appointments due the no advisors. They're all working from home over the phones but still tell customers to into understaffed branches to show ID.Left last month and was the best thing I did for my sanity. Was tired of the abuse from customers and constantly being asked why I haven't don't this or that. Got told I don't care about the customers because I hadn't booked in a mortgage appointment for 2 months. That was because the customers didn't want a phone appointment.Also when you want time off you have to beg and moan to get cover because there is no one left to work. No work life balance at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Friendly work place

This job was fun but also demanding. The staff were lovely lovely very friendly and welcoming. They provided very good training and high standards of your working conditions it was a very busy place to work each day was different. Different situations all the time. Good customer service always needed you had to be friendly and helpful I'm a bit professional way

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

tiring
Same location

Halifax

Nice team. Supportive mid management. Very good perks. Would recommend as a place to work for anyone that may be interested in this type of work or industry.
Same location

productive and fun workplace

my typical day at halifax was opening up and closing (controlling keys).i learnt how to use alarm codings in the workplace,also cleaning toilet carpet floors and offices keeping the place tidy.

Pros

helpful collegues

Cons

the shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halifax. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Halifax with

Learn about Halifax in popular locations

• Halifax