Halliburton

Halliburton Employee Reviews

As an Assistant to the Machinists (Waterspider) you were worked at an extremely fast pace from the minute you started to the minute you ended your shift. The work, although mainly out on the shop floor setting-up and breaking-down of the machinist's jobs also included time spent on a computer. Health and Safety was also an important part of the work undertaken.Management expected you to be always looking out for ways to improve and to add to your workload and you were expected to put-in many extra hours on overtime.The hardest part of the job was trying to keep on top of the workload, which on the whole was almost an impossible task!The best part of the job was the end of the days shift!
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Hard work and long hours
I received the most important training at becoming an Electronic Technician, the people that I worked with helped me become more experienced and confident within the Organisation, they taught me life skills that today that I still use, the wide variety of work scope advanced my technical skills to another level, working with the people there was more of a family with the Clyde Facality in Aberdeen Scotland.
Pros
Learning to achieve the highest level of yourjob
Cons
Not at work learning .
I worked at the Arbroath manufacturing site in a support function. The workload was fairly heavy and fast paced. Management were not supportive and had unrealistic expectations. Toxic work culture with little trust from superiors.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Managements attitude
Poor communication between current management and employees. I have asked my direct manager/personnel coordinator a few questions which are relevant to the job and my career within the company and 95% of the time there has been no reply.
Pros
There is potential
Cons
lack of communication, very low morale
The company keek telling you to be faithful to the company but then they get rid of you and treat you like rubbish at the last day you work for them.This company is very ungrateful the workers and the preach a lot of regulation but they don't fallow any.
Pros
pay and working people are ok
Cons
Very bad management
Good company to work for, great benefits, great opportunities but roller coaster industry. Company is divided, some well run business units some not so well run and in need of change.
Pros
Benifits & opportunity
Cons
Lottery in management and rollercoaster industry
Not a good company to work for, decent to get a start in the industry but long term they will exploit anyone they can. They have employees doing jobs above pay grade and not paying them correctly for it. Management have no care for their employees at all.
Pros
Offshore experience for new starts
Cons
Too many
9 to 10 hour days on average Difficult times for O&G sector at the moment Enjoyed working with colleagues globally Some benefits Lots of meetings Normal office culture
Processes are good but rigid, not automated and linked. Sometimes real life is expected to conform to the processes instead of the other way around. Working at Halliburton is a lot about ticking boxes and not always about efficiency or quality.
Cooperation, friendly, helpful. Organising the appropriate trainings when it is required. You a always discuss your concerns, learn a lot. The main thing is to be eager to learn.
Little training and high demands this is a stressful industry and there was little support given and a cuture that did not seem to care other than the minimum legal requirements.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Stress and lack of support
Used to be an amazing company to work for, current management do not engage with the work force. Benefits and salary are now not competitive in the market.
Was a good job when it was just Landmark. Not so good when it became Halliburton as they took all our benefits away I did enjoy the work even though it was long hours and had good job satisfaction
Pros
Cons
Long hours and no extra pay. Doing the work of 3 due to cutbacks
All the people i have worked with and talked with at Halliburton were easy to talk to easy to work with. In all it was a great atmosphere everyone got along the work was great. Everything was completed that was meant to be,the crew had a laugh at times the moral was great. A typical day wood be a morning meeting to assess what was the next step for the client. Could be we were not required that day. So we would take permits out check our equipment make sure it is ready and fit for purpose. Hardest part of the job is getting the client in-between meetings and TBT's to sign off on completed work scopes. My most enjoyable part of the job is the challenges ahead. Meeting new people but the most enjoyable part is the end of the job when i get home to see my family along with the rest of the crew with no injuries or accidents to report.
Pros
meeting new people and providing for my family
Cons
Being away for my family so long throughout the year
Fair company and nice colleagues. Generally an okay company when there is no oil and gas downturn. A large organization as well. You get to deal with colleagues from various background
Great career but it depends on the oil price. Fast-paced with huge responsibility and accountability. The rotational part of the job was really good. I have learnt a lot about oilfield
Decent company with interesting and varied work. My job was in a manufacturing facility not in the field, safety culture was a bit OTT considering the location I was working in, but I suppose that’s better than poor safety
Pros
When busy as much overtime as you want
Cons
Was t great atmosphere during oil downturn but guess same for everyone
Good company with lots of opportunities to progress. International opportunities and travel also available. Good strong company and very fair. Maybe not the biggest payers but maybe offer more job security than bigger payers.
Poor culture would not recommend unless a US citizen, tended to hire and fire according to the oil price regardless of actual performance in the role, Management changed frequently (US expats only)
The oilfield is not the same anymore and Halliburton are still going with the pitch of highly motivated workforce but do not think that this is the case. Same management talk and it is about profit, shareholders value propositions. Not a,lot about people and attrition is still high. If you worked there previously you are coming back for less money. If you thought you had perks then less so now. Same across the board. They are trying but not a vibrant place to work. It is only a job and don't expect career prospect unless you are prepared to live in somewhere
Days off policy is a shambles ... ie it doesnt exist ! They're willing to look you in the eye and blatantly lie to you. All Halliburton management are brainwashed and lied to by the liars above them on the ladder... you could call it bullying / scaremongering
  1. Employee reviews