Hallmark Care Homes
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Hallmark Care Homes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom156 reviews

High expectations but rewarding

Working for hallmark is what you would expect for a high end care providerThe company expectations are high and in general the home managers are supportive (some more than others)Advancement is difficult I didn't witness any promotion from within other than care grades which is a shame because with a prospect of career development I would definitely have stayed

Pros

Great environment management support

Cons

No career progression other than care grades

Stay clear!

Management are shocking! Residents deserve so much better! Wouldn't recommend to anyone I know! It's a shame because with the right management it could be amazing

High staff turnaround

First two week in training numerous staff informed me that there was a high turn around in staff. I couldn’t understand it. It seemed like a lovely place to work everyone seemed so friendly and genuine was like a big family. Cracks began to show when managers were bad mouthing other team members. Having to watch everything you say and do as someone will report back to try and get you in trouble. I saw it numerous times with management staff being deliberately spiteful to others. I was so excited about the job but it really was too good to be true it’s not a place I would call friendly and welcoming.

Great company

Hutton View is a great place to work with great opportunities and support to progress. The team is great and all very friendly. Hardest part of job is hours are long but they do offer shorter hours if needs be. Team shortage can be a problem due to illness and you may get called on your days off and asked to work but are never pressured or made to feel guilty if you decline. Hutton View is a look into new ways of caring and supports equal opportunities for all.

This company believes in looking good publicly, rather than giving good care

This company appears to want to ‘look good’ but not give good care. Staff don’t get on with management and feel like a ‘number’ rather than a person. Staff don’t feel listened to. Short staffing is a constant problem.

Poor relations between home manager and RNs,lack of respect and pay.

Lovely premises, poor staff relations between management and team. Poor working pay for roles including RNs.low RN numbers one nurse for 40+ patients.

Pros

Cons

Stressful working conditions, Low RN numbers, Over reliance on nursing assistants, Poor pay for role in comparison with other companies for RNs, Over reliance on peripatetic nurses.

Not a fun place horrible company to work for your just a number to them they really don’t care

Lovely to work with the residents and a good team but the management push you even when your working 2 people down they see you struggle and don’t care just have a go at you cause something is not done you are run of your feet don’t always get your breaks, turn over there is the worse it’s ever been under this company loads leaving and nearly everyone working there looking for new jobs.

Pros

Too many cliques, company is more concerned with its image than staff and residents

They promise a lot, but underneath it all they fail. Food could be awful, ice still on the defrosted gala pie, a sixth of a scotch egg for lunch, no dementia friendly food.Staff aren’t paid breaks, but also expected to stay for breaks. Residents downstairs (without dementia) get all the perks. Upstairs residents miss out as ‘well they won’t know will they?’

Pros

Uniform provided

Cons

No paid breaks, if your face fits and you survive the almost cult like induction, you’ll be ok, otherwise you’ll be on your own.

Bullying culture management unprofessional

Awful place to work bullying environment constantly changing and moving goal posts to suit management if your face fits you will get on well …. Management are so unprofessional including central management teams they will expect all staff to go over and above job expectations for no extra pay or recognition but will never pitch in and help out when short staffed which is most of the time they will make sure they finish on time …no rewards at all just expectations which are unrealistic … staff don’t stay and they are constantly recruiting they say on the adverts no experience when they expect a min if level 2 nvq …. If you want no life constantly have phone calls to cover shifts on your days off because sickness is at a all time high no recognition or promotion unless ure face fits with pizza as a reward every now and again. this is the place for you …. Hallmark have a charter ask anyone who works there what it is no one will know so how can they abide by it I never saw that happen Ever ….

Pros

Some staff are friendly

Cons

Too many to list

Scummers. It's like working in Rumania , full of rude people that just speak Romanians they don't know how to speak English there.

Scummers. It's like working in Rumania , full of rude people that just speak Romanians...... worst place in the earth. If you hate your life go work for those people

Loved my job, amazing team. New management let hallmark down. No support from line managers. Work load sometimes impossible to accomplish especially when constantly short staffed. Hallmark is the best in residential and specialist care its sad that new management are taken on who let the team down.

Pros

Residents and colleagues

Cons

No support from management

Rewarding workplace with career opportunities!

I enjoy working at Bucklesham Grange and feel supported to develop in my role. It can be fast paced and there is always lots to do but it is a rewarding workplace.

Pros

Friendly team. Career opportunities. Supportive management.

Cons

Can be busy.

Each for their own

Depending on your job title depends on what rung of the ladder you are put on when going to management for anything the door was always closed but they always said it was open at any time.You really need to do the job for the residents.

Pros

Cons

Rating of title

Lovely place until it changed managers then things went downhill

Up until recently I loved my job with hallmark, the team were lovely and I built great working relationships with them. The managing directors of the company and their families are the loveliest people I’ve met and we’re chatty and interacted with all team members when they visited. The residents are well looked after and cared for and everyone supports each other. When the manager left and a new manager started things went downhill straight away. There was no longer an open door policy, there was no support for team members and just genuinely rude to the team. Team members gave up reporting their issues as they were just brushed under the carpet and never dealt with. I watched team members who had worked with the company for over 5 years leave as well as long standing team members who had been with the company for more than 15 years. I watched team members fall apart and break down in tears through lack of support and working under intense pressure. I made the decision to leave as I didn’t feel the issues raised were taken seriously and the impact on my mental health and well-being was huge. I lost all confidence in myself and my abilities which is a shame as I loved my job and had the new manager treated myself and other team members with respect and supported us the way a manager should then I would still be there doing the job I love and I know others who have left would still be there too.

Pros

Always lots of hours going, care team and housekeeping are lovely people to work with, lots of training offered

Cons

Lack of support, high turnover of staff

Nights are full on stress and lone working.

The general manager of care home that I was working in was bringing her friends in to work there, they wanted nights so the space was made available for them in way of making up false accusations against me, I had even asked for the police to be brought in to clear my name but they would not do so, If I had done what they said I had done then I should have been on a POVA, they have since got rid of more staff and people just want to leave now as the home became toxic due to management.I was also subjected to lone working at night on a heavy manual handling floor which also let to her being able to set me up as I had nobody who could back me up, believe me you need to steer well clear. Only gave one star as there was not an option for none.

Pros

Had hours needed

Cons

Forced annual leave and change shifts without informing you.

Residents are wonderful,the end

For what the residents pay it’s not good enough, equipment isn’t serviced as often as required therefor resulting in staff injury, management is very poor compared to other care places I’ve worked for, there is a lot of nastiness among staff, bullying, you get paid peanuts for the job regardless of it’s day,night,weekend...if it wasn’t for the residents I’m positive half the staff would leave.

Pros

Sometimes if there is left over food you can have lunch or dinner free

Cons

Long hours, poor management, poor organisation, not enough means to support some residents who should be in a nursing home

Amazing team to work with, supportive management

I have been working at Bucklesham Grange for the last 2 months and I really enjoy worki g here. Everyday is different and you always have the whole team support.Management team is always supportive and even over the weekend they are always just one phone call away for any concerns or advise.

Pros

Supportive management team.team works as a family and support each other.

Cons

None I could think off.

Great place to work!

I joined this company over two months ago now. I have found the induction process to be good - the management team have been ever so supportive and the team here are great. I have never felt at home so quickly in a new role. I am left to get on with my job using my initiative but knowing that I have the full support of the team should I have any questions or concerns. I would definitely recommend this home as a place to work!

Pros

Friendly and welcoming team

Stay clear!

Awful disappointing company to work for they have no appreciation for their employees and constantly break their own policies, its not worth applying for as you'll want to leave in under a year.

Pros

Fun coworkers

Cons

Bad communication and rude management

Amazing - Merthyr Tydfil

Fantastic opportunities, very ethical culture, care about the team, residents focus on relationship centred care. Off duties are planned and organised.

Pros

Genuine care from management

Cons

Unsociable hours sometimes

Amazing Care

Hallmark care homes really do go above and beyond when it comes to the wellbeing of their residents as well as the cleanliness and quality of the home and it’s facilities. In the time I spent working there I had the most amazing time getting to know the residents and team as if they were an extension of my own family.

Pros

Team/family atmosphere. Fare rate of pay.

Cons

None I can think of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement