Hallmark Care Homes

Hallmark Care Homes Employee Reviews

Depending on your job title depends on what rung of the ladder you are put on when going to management for anything the door was always closed but they always said it was open at any time.You really need to do the job for the residents.
Pros
Cons
Rating of title
Up until recently I loved my job with hallmark, the team were lovely and I built great working relationships with them. The managing directors of the company and their families are the loveliest people I’ve met and we’re chatty and interacted with all team members when they visited. The residents are well looked after and cared for and everyone supports each other. When the manager left and a new manager started things went downhill straight away. There was no longer an open door policy, there was no support for team members and just genuinely rude to the team. Team members gave up reporting their issues as they were just brushed under the carpet and never dealt with. I watched team members who had worked with the company for over 5 years leave as well as long standing team members who had been with the company for more than 15 years. I watched team members fall apart and break down in tears through lack of support and working under intense pressure. I made the decision to leave as I didn’t feel the issues raised were taken seriously and the impact on my mental health and well-being was huge. I lost all confidence in myself and my abilities which is a shame as I loved my job and had the new manager treated myself and other team members with respect and supported us the way a manager should then I would still be there doing the job I love and I know others who have left would still be there too.
Pros
Always lots of hours going, care team and housekeeping are lovely people to work with, lots of training offered
Cons
Lack of support, high turnover of staff
The general manager of care home that I was working in was bringing her friends in to work there, they wanted nights so the space was made available for them in way of making up false accusations against me, I had even asked for the police to be brought in to clear my name but they would not do so, If I had done what they said I had done then I should have been on a POVA, they have since got rid of more staff and people just want to leave now as the home became toxic due to management.I was also subjected to lone working at night on a heavy manual handling floor which also let to her being able to set me up as I had nobody who could back me up, believe me you need to steer well clear. Only gave one star as there was not an option for none.
Pros
Had hours needed
Cons
Forced annual leave and change shifts without informing you.
For what the residents pay it’s not good enough, equipment isn’t serviced as often as required therefor resulting in staff injury, management is very poor compared to other care places I’ve worked for, there is a lot of nastiness among staff, bullying, you get paid peanuts for the job regardless of it’s day,night,weekend...if it wasn’t for the residents I’m positive half the staff would leave.
Pros
Sometimes if there is left over food you can have lunch or dinner free
Cons
Long hours, poor management, poor organisation, not enough means to support some residents who should be in a nursing home
I have been working at Bucklesham Grange for the last 2 months and I really enjoy worki g here. Everyday is different and you always have the whole team support.Management team is always supportive and even over the weekend they are always just one phone call away for any concerns or advise.
Pros
Supportive management team.team works as a family and support each other.
Cons
None I could think off.
I joined this company over two months ago now. I have found the induction process to be good - the management team have been ever so supportive and the team here are great. I have never felt at home so quickly in a new role. I am left to get on with my job using my initiative but knowing that I have the full support of the team should I have any questions or concerns. I would definitely recommend this home as a place to work!
Pros
Friendly and welcoming team
Awful disappointing company to work for they have no appreciation for their employees and constantly break their own policies, its not worth applying for as you'll want to leave in under a year.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Bad communication and rude management
Fantastic opportunities, very ethical culture, care about the team, residents focus on relationship centred care. Off duties are planned and organised.
Pros
Genuine care from management
Cons
Unsociable hours sometimes
Hallmark care homes really do go above and beyond when it comes to the wellbeing of their residents as well as the cleanliness and quality of the home and it’s facilities. In the time I spent working there I had the most amazing time getting to know the residents and team as if they were an extension of my own family.
Pros
Team/family atmosphere. Fare rate of pay.
Cons
None I can think of.
It is so lovely to work in such a beautiful building and surroundings. There are so many great facilities and it’s great to see the residents enjoying them. There is a great working environment and it is very rewarding to get to know all the lovely residents. I have always felt supported by the management since I started. I feel they have been very accommodating to ensure that I have a good work-life balance which is so important for me as I have a young family. I wouldn’t hesitate to approach the management at any time. There is also ongoing training provided and good benefits for the team.
im a carer at Anya Court and I am very happy working there. my manger supports me and im doing my nvq which the company pays for. in covid, we have had lots of treats and breakfast and bbqs all provided by the company. we have treats and rewards every Friday. we have weekly swabs for covid giving us reassurance that we keep residents and us teams safe. ppl like to moan about works but I cant grumble at all about my job. I love what I do and where I work.
Pros
Cons
Non
I have been at Anya Court for 5 years now and although we have some tough days it is the best care job I have had and we have all pulled together through coronavirus pandemic. the managers have kept our spirits up with fab fridays which are rewards & fat fridays which are treat days some team members like to maon but i have worked in much worse places and am very happy here and love the residents and my workmates
Pros
treats such a bbq's
Cons
weekly testing
i have worked in anya court since the home has opened and i absolutely love it i have since being there have had 2 babies ans currently on maternity leave and the management are in touch with me to ensure im keeping ok and in the loop with whats going with COVID19. the care team work so hard to ensure all residents are looked after the deputy manager and senior leads always go out of their way to ensure all the residents are completely satisfied and happy wither their care
Terrible,abusive management. I only wish they could be named,a bullying culture very much exists in all of Hallmark,the 5 star ratings are from the bullies and/or the selected ones who turn a blind eye to what's really going on. Serious breeches of cqc guidelines,when will these be exposed,every care home needs to be properly investigated by the police.
Pros
Cons
Long, long shifts.
I love working there , where can I start from my amazing colleagues to the supportive management, to amazing ladies at the reception. This place gave me all the things my old job didn't, appreciation, and the opportunity to become better.
Pros
Reward, bonus, gifts
Cons
almost none
I wouldn't put a dog in a hallmark home. That's all they care about is bums on beds. Complete lack of caring. Very institutionalised. Staff have no idea how to care for patients with chronic conditions. Very sad
This is the worst care home I have ever worked in. Managers, nurses and carers alike like to bully and put people down. I have seen physical fights on shifts between carers. The manager cares about money and control, rather than the residents. Day staff bully night staff, implying that they are lazy and stupid. I have never felt so disgusted in my life than when I worked here, and I thank my lucky stars I got out of there.
Pros
Nothing, don't ever work here
Cons
Everything, bullies
I really enjoy working as a Senior Carer at Arlington Manor. Everyday is different and some days busier than others but I wouldn’t change where I work! I love it, the team are amazing. The general Manager is really supportive and always has her door open talk.
Very kind boss and such a lovely client we are looking after. The home was really nice and clean the pay was very good. Staff are kind everytime we visit other care homes.
Working at Admiral Court is good and I enjoy being part of a team. There is plenty of training offered and ways to progress your career. Only thing sometimes wrong is that we need more team members.
Pros
Being able to wear trainers to work
Cons
Long days
every team has difficult times and we are only part of one that has amazing team. around leigh on sea this home I am in now is one of the most recommended home in the area. I am happy that I am part of this team, my manager's are always there to support us, although the pay is quite low and they can do better with our wages. This home is amazing the staff are very welcoming very happy and very supportive to a new comer like me I have been in this home 7months and still very happy with my job. There are times that we are short team but the team will work us one and support one another. my residents and their family become my family too.as I work each day I have released how lucky I am to be in this home. I wish to continue to work hard and wishing to be in this home until I retire.
Pros
from breakfast to dinner one word "AMAZING"
Cons
it would be nice to have a paid breaks :)