Hallmark Care Homes logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

very nice staff

Nice people not enough staff days are very long. Some people work very hard some do not Lots of training service users very nice. Most family's are fine and appreciate what you do..

Pros

People

Cons

Hours to long

Lovely place until it changed managers then things went downhill

Up until recently I loved my job with hallmark, the team were lovely and I built great working relationships with them. The managing directors of the company and their families are the loveliest people I’ve met and we’re chatty and interacted with all team members when they visited. The residents are well looked after and cared for and everyone supports each other. When the manager left and a new manager started things went downhill straight away. There was no longer an open door policy, there was no support for team members and just genuinely rude to the team. Team members gave up reporting their issues as they were just brushed under the carpet and never dealt with. I watched team members who had worked with the company for over 5 years leave as well as long standing team members who had been with the company for more than 15 years. I watched team members fall apart and break down in tears through lack of support and working under intense pressure. I made the decision to leave as I didn’t feel the issues raised were taken seriously and the impact on my mental health and well-being was huge. I lost all confidence in myself and my abilities which is a shame as I loved my job and had the new manager treated myself and other team members with respect and supported us the way a manager should then I would still be there doing the job I love and I know others who have left would still be there too.

Pros

Always lots of hours going, care team and housekeeping are lovely people to work with, lots of training offered

Cons

Lack of support, high turnover of staff

Residents are wonderful,the end

For what the residents pay it’s not good enough, equipment isn’t serviced as often as required therefor resulting in staff injury, management is very poor compared to other care places I’ve worked for, there is a lot of nastiness among staff, bullying, you get paid peanuts for the job regardless of it’s day,night,weekend...if it wasn’t for the residents I’m positive half the staff would leave.

Pros

Sometimes if there is left over food you can have lunch or dinner free

Cons

Long hours, poor management, poor organisation, not enough means to support some residents who should be in a nursing home

It is so lovely to work in such a beautiful building and surroundings. There are so many great facilities and it’s great to see the residents enjoying them. There is a great working environment and it is very rewarding to get to know all the lovely residents. I have always felt supported by the management since I started. I feel they have been very accommodating to ensure that I have a good work-life balance which is so important for me as I have a young family. I wouldn’t hesitate to approach the management at any time. There is also ongoing training provided and good benefits for the team.

Real family values

It is often said "what is the difference working for one organisation against another". Prior to working for Hallmark my answer was more pay and conditions related. At Hallmark, roles are often compensated at above market rates. But of greater importance and significance, is the organisations culture based on real family values. Experiencing this first hand, it is a case you never knew what you were missing working elsewhere. I can state with clarity and confidence that Hallmark is special because family values drives exceptional good will, comradery, friendship, fun and pride in making a difference to peoples lives.

Pros

First class working environments. Competitive pay and benefits. Strong team culture

Great Company - Professional but friendly.

Challenging but extremely rewarding job role. Senior management are very approachable, engaged and responsive. Great working environment; friendly colleagues, friendly residents. Good budget for managing garden works. PROS - Compulsory training paid for by company, as well as further training (NVQs). - All tools and equipment provided. - Better wages than other care homes in the area and yearly pay rises once working for the company. - Health insurance paid for by company. CONS - Had to pay for DBS (although they pay for your renewal once employed and required). - No free meals on duty.

A 5star joke

Worked as a care assistant. Amazing building, pure 5star, but staff all toxic, management even worse. What a joke, everyone wants to be in charge, no praise or gratitude, if your face fits!

Friendly and rewarding place to work

I have been working for Anya Court for over 5 years and can honestly say that I have never worked in such a rewarding environment. The surroundings are beautiful and the home is filled with love and fun. It is a pleasure to come to work and spend time with the residents living here.

Pros

Pension, holiday entitlement, team benefits, team recognition

Cons

Productive as I gained useful experience with old people

I developped a good experience while working in Hallmark, the worklaod was heavy but I managed to work full time and be able to go to school full time.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low pay

lovely place to work

I've worked at Anya Court for 3 years and for the most part it has been very enjoyable. There is a high turnover of team members who are all excellent but exhausted covering team shortages. I'm very glad to have worked here, I've learnt a lot and am leaving to change direction within the care industry. The hospitality service manager who was my line manager was/is very encouraging to improve yourself. Everyone wants to work the charter but it is very difficult with lack of team Empowerment days are really good ending with a fire walk which is amazing.

Pros

on going training, the charter, many benefits, fab team.

Cons

lack of team, very large building, no GM

Jobs at Hallmark Care Homes