Halmark Cards

Halmark Cards Employee Reviews

3.3Pay & benefits

Productive and good people

I have experience working at ‘Hallmark cards.’ as picker order, packer and labeler. During this time, I also developed several key skills: multitasking, problem solving and communication skills. In work I need to be swift and I am always fast and on point. I always make target. It is not that hard for me. Love some other people there(not everyone).

Pros

30 minutes paid brake time

Cons

Far from my place of living, some people are too stressed

Just awful

Bad management, insidious trainer, awful HR.They really do not care about their staff . Spare yourself the indignity please. Would give it no stars if possible.

Pros

Had potential to be a good job

Cons

The people ruined it

Good company to work fir

Flexible hours , more or less own boss, good company to work for but a lot of driving around., I enjoyed working for Hallmark different stores daily and flexible hours as long as you complete hours on set days start and finish when you like. Hard work at times especially setting up for seasonal eg Christmas etc. Good company to work for you get mileage pay and travel time between stores Bocompanytwork for genres

Pros

Flexi hours

Cons

Drive around a lot in own car

Under valued over worked Min wage job

Merchandising in a large supermarket , contracted hours are next to nothing say 7 , But expected to work 30 plus over Xmas Valentines Mothers day , Fathers day , don't expect ANY holiday between Sept and July . You will be working 30 plus boxes on one delivery with another 30 the next day, it will be normal cards AND seasonal cards . It is a physical job moving crates , boxes , cages all the time . You will have to replan / move the stock on the racks to a plan on EVERY season . Xmas you might get 200 boxes to work over a period of weeks .. Yes really . Don't expect a bonus on your sales , or any discount on any cards . If you have to go to another store you get pittance paid for wear and tear on your car . You have to scan in and take pics before you start work and at the end so they can check what you have done ! If you are in store say for 10 mins that's what you will get paid . Head office have no idea what goes on on the shop floor , or what the job entails , During Covid we had no PPE given one flimsy visor and hand gel x1 then told to buy our own , there is no social distancing going on in stores , you are just left to get on with it .. shocking. Area support people get paid more money to cover hols etc for doing the same job as merchandisers ? how's that work. If you cover a store you get MIN wage . Oh and you might get a Fredo in the post to thank you for your hard work .. what an insult .

Pros

nothing

Cons

under paid heavy lifting huge amount of work no thanks under valued

Excellent Company

Excellent company to work for . Managers are really helpful. Not a stressful job . Hours are good to work around children or university Job satisfaction

good hard working culture

fitting all types of tyres for car van and commercial heavy hard work overall satisfying all round

Pros

job satisfaction

Cons

heavy lifting

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Halmark Cards?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halmark Cards. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement