Halo

Halo Employee Reviews

Great company to work for. Unlike most repair shops I have worked for, the work place is clean and tidy. Good process and workflow. Teams have a can do approach and get rewarded for their efforts. They are focussed on the future.
Pros
clean, friendly, recognised for what you do
Great family run company to work for, show your willingness to contribute and work as team, then the sky is the limit. Rewarded well, for hard work and dedication.
Pros
paid breaks
I enjoyed the time I spent at the salon, I learnt new skills. I enjoyed being part of the team. Everyday was different. I enjoyed meeting new people on a regular basis and becoming part of the team.
Pros
new skills
Cons
long days
Great place to work, gives you the chance to meet new people including world class DJ. It is a great place to learn the industry and grow your knowledge at a fast pace.
Awful company would not recommend to anyone not just my own personal experience but many before and after me too. Don’t care about their staff at all. They love using buzzwords like forward thinking but its all b*ll*cks to get people through the door once you’re there the illusion fades and you left with the steaming pile of doo doo that it actually is
Be very careful! They are nothing more than a backstreet garage in shiny packaging. In fact this is just an insurance scam masquerading as a garage. Rogue Traders could do a feature length episode on this place!
Was hired as reach and counterbalance driver at a set 9.20 an hour. Worked 3 weeks with them paying me min wage and did nt even get wage slips and halo said will be sorted and still waiting seems very dodgy.This agency cannot be trusted.
Office staff work 45 hour week Workshop staff work 50 hour week Sack people at a drop of a hat, high turnover of staff Blame culture Poor management and structure No training given/received
Pros
Paid breaks, friendly staff
Cons
Long days, poor pay, bad management
Halo is a great place to work with excellent benefits like having your birthday off and paid and paid breaks! My line manager is really supportive and the people at head office are a great team to work with. I enjoy being part of a busy office team, I can’t recommend it enough.
Pros
Paid breaks, great people, good benefits
Cons
Worst company ever...do not care about there staff will sack you in a second, definitely do not reward hard work or loyalty Long hours..no thanks..management are the biggest joke...they employ monkeys as managers..if your a brown noser you'll be fine, but stand up for your rights your a gonna lol They lie through there teeth, total cowboys when it comes to repairs and green goods mean second hand from the scrape yard...on new cars..some very expensive new cars
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Bad management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Halo?
Too many chiefs, not enough indian's. 50+ hours over 6 days for office work, people come and go left right and center. Minimal training, thrown in at the deep end with no support. Breaks had to be taken in the morning, no breaks were allowed after lunch. I was only there a few weeks but no one was happy there.
Pros
Half an hour lunch and a 10 minute break paid.
Cons
Long hours, Saturday work, Negative atmosphere.
I will add to the Victorian culture absolutely disgusting company to work for they say team environment this is actually complete opposite. Like to employ Polish and Romanians as they exploit the laws to the full. You are their slave the time your toilet breaks you have ten minutes in the morning and 30 minutes for lunch in a ten hour day, however don’t expect to take this as the boss will dictate to you when you can take and although you start at 7 you may not get to take your lunch till 3 sometimes later. You maybe employed as skilled workforce however they save money on office cleaners and you will be expected to clean the toilets, kitchen area and the whole site if you happen to have a short break between jobs in fact even if you are snowed under you will still be expected to do this. Never work for this company it is the pits, in fact never get your car repaired here they use the cheapest of cheap materials will never replace a broken part they will always repair to save money,. You maybe told that you need to use this facility but actually you have a choice! The work may look ok for a short while but it won’t last they don’t want the workforce to do a good job just a quick bodge and fix,
Pros
You get 10 minutes break mid morning and 30 minutes lunch however might be teatime in 10hour day
Cons
Out of date work culture
Treat staff very unfairly treating some better than others no team work unrealistic hours change paper work to get away with wtd laws in all very poorly run company with very high staff turn over
Pros
Cons
Not bad wage
Terrible work culture (everyone against everyone), poor benefits, bare legal minimum leave/lunch breaks (30 mins for a 10 hour day) long hours, no employee support whatsoever (you're just a replacable cog in a machine), revolving door recruitment policy (it is so bad it was pointless learning names as they would be gone in a week), no job security, the highest labour turnover I have ever seen (I'm surprised people still apply). I'm surprised they are still running, they must imprison the staff left otherwise I'm sure they would have left. The director actually said once "everyone is replacable" just sums up the kind of working environment there. Like a Victorian workhouse or prison. Oh..but you do get bank holidays off...
Pros
You get paid
Cons
It will cost you your soul
I had a lot of fun at Halo. I got to take on so many new and scary roles and I absolutely loved it. I got taught lots of new skills such as washing hair, cleaning the work area and at College now, I have learned to do a couple of cuts which I am so proud to say I can do. The hardest part of the job was getting over the fear of doing something wrong but the staff helped me massively and helped when I was struggling. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the hard work. I love keeping busy and getting on with work it is very enjoyable to me.
Pros
Friendly staff and customers
Cons
Short lunches
I thought I would copy and paste this previous review as it seems exactly like it it sums it up in one, you want minimum wage, to buy your own company uniform, no benefits, not get paid for sick days, be called into the directors office and stand in front of them like a school kid, have an assigned lunch hour, take your own tea and coffee to work (yes really!) and have to use different toilets than the directors, then this is the place for you. If however you want career progression, appreciation for hard work, directors that are innovative and inspiring, transparency, decent salary, benefits, a pension then your talents are better used elsewhere. They'll fire you as quick as they hire you if they don't like the way you smile at them, As well there are 10 hour days and you have to be constantly working not stop to even pick your nose,
Pros
Cons
Lots
very good place to work. very good colleagues. three months working as a car washer. then I started to work. In workshop.Manager is very nice.I'm happy with the works.
Good place to work ,good working ethnic.I quit becouse I won't to work in delivery industries.Very clean and tidy place to work.Was close to my home and I was have cheap travel expenses
Working in a fast paced company whose business is to repair vehicles on behalf of insurance companies. My role is to collect and return customer vehicles and courtesy cars and inspection of both these. Completing necessary paperwork and at all times am the face of the company.
Pros
Varied days
Cons
Zero hours contract
I had the opportunity to work for a fantastic company like Halo for work experience for my school. This company has phenomenal taste in staff because they are very friendly and they always present themselves well and are brilliant with members of the public.
Pros
Enjoying coming to work
Cons
Early starts
This has to be the worst place I have ever worked in, the working conditions are terrible with sweltering heats. The overall hygiene of the factory is not even worthy of a star in my experience, I could no longer stay there due to what I was seeing, how this place is still functioning is beyond me. My advice is look for other jobs before applying for this, they literally put mouldy chocolate on to the bars!.
Pros
The people you work with are great except the management
  1. Employee reviews