Hamberley Care Homes

United Kingdom19 reviews

Insights into Hamberley Care Homes

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment

Friendly and caring

Newton House is a great place to work if you are hardworking. There is support if you need it and you look for it. Manager, Clinical Lead and Charge Nurse are very supportive, I have never been turned away. The residents are a delight. I really enjoy my job at Newton House

poor

poor manager staff very clique and dangerous spreads lies about other staff especially male members of staff.. staff unhelpfull act like they care but don't

Pros

Cons

long hours poor management

Unorganised at times

Although most of the staff are easy to get on with, there is no structure or consistency and a severe lack of communication. More activities could be done with the residents.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Unorganised

Privilege to be part of Hamberley team

Has been more then 2 years working for Hamberley care, i have enjoyed every single day, good work atmosphere, excellent team, well lead, friendly staff.

Fantastic team of staff, residents and relatives

Newton House is a great place to work and is going from strength to strength. The staff are hard working and caring at all times which reflects in the care inspectorate grading. There have been difficult times over the past year due to COVID 19 but the staff have gave their all and gave the residents as normal a life as possible, which is helped by the fantastic support from the relatives. I can say that Newton house is my forever workplace and I am honoured to be part of such an amazingly strong and supportive team.

Great place with lots of support

Richmond Manor is a great place to work. The home manager has given me so much respect and gratitude. Which makes me want to give more in return. A Thank you goes a very long way. The clinical lead, nurses and homemakers are amazing as are the culinary delights. Nothing's too much trouble for anyone. The residents are all so happy and really do enjoy their family visits in the family and friends room. Top marks RICHMOND MANOR

Pros

Friendly management and team

Friendly and helpful

You are treated as an individual, not a number. Management have staff best interests at heart as well as the residents. Professional, but still friendly. Definitely feel part of a team. So pleased to have got the job

Pros

Working environment, better hours for me, feel appreciated

Cons

None so far

Avoid

Manager sees cleaning as a priority while residents are left to sit in the lounge staring at the TV or at each other. As soon as the residents are washed, dressed and had breakfast the cleaning of every room becomes a priority which can take place for hours. Cleaning bathrooms, scrubbing toilets, mopping floors, dusting including skirting as well as changing and remaking beds, pulling out furniture to hoover and shampooing the carpets cause they don’t have house keepers, you are the house keeper and the carer. Then there’s making breakfast, serving meals, washing dishes and tidying the kitchen. Residents constantly complain about meals and the manager doesn’t care. No uniform provided especially during the covid 19, own clothes become ruined due to constant washing and using chemicals such as bleach during cleaning. Staff members are nice and bust their gut to work hard which goes unnoticed by the uncaring manager.

Pros

Staff nice

Cons

To much cleaning

Recommend this company

I started working at Verwood House for Hamberley Care a few months ago. I have been supported and encouraged to develop my skills as a new care worker, I am planning to do an NVQi in social care. We have a great team at the home who are always happy to help. It can be a difficult job sometimes but there is always someone to talk to. I was worried about COVID but we have very high standards of cleaning and weekly testing. I would recommend working here.The CEO of the company took time to come and meet us, we all got an opportunity to talk to him which was great.

Pros

Hard work but rewarding

Cons

Can have some stressful shifts

Great Company, exciting opportunities

I have loved every single minute since starting at Verwood House. Hamberley are a great company to work for with very high standards. The residents and their families all seem very happy. They have a really good philosophy of supporting and encouraging staff development. I have found a positive management culture, lots of rewards for those who are committed to providing the nightstand standards of care.

Pros

Great team working. Lovely environment with all the best resources.

Cons

Care is a tough place to work at the moment.

Fast paced, challenging and rewarding

I greatly enjoyed my time at Hamberley. The Senior Leadership team are all approachable and helpful.As a Home Manager they are definately a good company to work for

Fantastic Company

I have worked at Hamberley Care LTD for a year now and have enjoyed every moment. With the staff encouraged and motivated to make each day fun and enjoyable for our residents. It doesn't stop there as the senior leadership team are the most supportive team I have ever had the pleasure of working for, every home has a real family feel. I would highly recommend working for Hamberley Care LTD to any friends and family.

Great place to be employed.

Great relaxed friendly place to work, staff and residents happy. whilst a new concept... Homemaker … totally better for resident as they do not have several different people seeing to their needs, they get used to seeing one person doing all the care etc for them. less confusing for dementia residents. A beautiful new home more like a 5* hotel.

Pros

close to home

Enjoyable place to work

I have been working for Hamberley care homes as a Wellbeing & Lifestyle coach since May 2019 and i thoroughly enjoy each and every day. Our team are close-knit and supportive of our residents and there is a really positive culture within the home because of this

Pros

Enjoyable work, great team, supportive management

A daily day

Everyday before start in the mornings we have a meeting with the night team colleagues to report all the incidents happened during the night before. It's very important to discuss what's the treatment we are going to give to all residents in each floor.

Excellent Management

Excellent Management and work ethics. There is no hierarchy amongst the workers. Every one is seen equal. Continuous training is available for the staff

The home aim to get the community safe, friendly and mixed culture, gender. Productive and balanced

Assist with personal care, meals, house duties. House care skills Strict and helpful Mixed culture House cleaning Trainings The company has a policy aiming at recruting and training staff to full competences.

Expanding business with great leadership team

I have learned how to build on and strengthen my management skills and gained hands on experience working in the healthcare sector;the most enjoyable part of the job is the client-facing and relationship-building .

Not a good place to work

I have been working for more than 8 months, and honestly I as a worker and a person, I think it is a place where they only care about their own economy and benefits.

Pros

Free lunches, 3 working days, 36 hours min.

Cons

Long hours, No vegan options, environment, salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamberley Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0Job security/advancement

Compare Hamberley Care Homes with

• Hamberley Care Homes
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?