Hamilton Cross

United Kingdom11 reviews

crossagencyshiftofficehelpfulsupportstafffriendly

Supportive and Extremely Professional

Featured review

Hamilton Cross selected this as a representative review
I’ve previously worked with the Nottinghamshire Branch of Hamilton Cross and can only say great things! From the recruitment guys to management and the brilliant bookings team.Always very communicative and friendly, always on the ball with my availability and booking my shifts and kept me working through the Covid Pandemic! Flexible and friendly, can’t go wrong! Great team and agency to work for.

Pros

Perfect Agency!

Cons

None at all!

Flexible Hours

Love the flexibility and choice of work available, office staff are great and always on hand to help. i can work this job around my life and never pushed to work shifts i dont want

Pros

Great Office Staff

Insights into Hamilton Cross

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Poor pay service

The company itself is okay, but it’s an absolute joke you have to pay someone to get paid yourself. And the more you earn the more you lose to said company. You can work 60 hours and take home close to £400, losing a significant amount to whoever it is that pays you. Work somewhere else that pays you directly.

great company

great company to work for very flexible and accomodating always happy to listen to your views and needs happy to listen to your opinions of places you work at and take on board happy to try and get you as many hours as you want to work

Pros

Flexibillity

Cons

Cant think of any

Not many hours

The office staff are really friendly, but there isnt many hours at all at first you get alot but after awhile they dont really give you much, and they try to get you to travel miles just to get to the job.

Poor

Very poor managment had their workers they made sure had work. No holiday pay ,sick pay or pension scheme. Conned you into being self employed they benefited hugely from you. Need to employ you on a fair method and not as self employed. You need to pay someone to do your wage disgrace.

Love working for Hamilton Cross.

Always available to talk to and always have work. Great company and great management. Any problems and I just need to contact the office. Will bend over backwards to help.

Health care assistant

I joined Hamilton as a health care assistant in February 2019. From the minute I made the phone call to see if there were any job vacancies I felt at ease. The ladies in the office are lovely and always happy to help you in which ever way they can, Ive not had this type of support before! The shifts are far and wide, I’m never without work. The weekly pay is just another bonus from Hamilton. Along the way I’ve also made a lot of friends. I’ve recommended Hamilton to 4 different people now and I will continue to do so.

Would not work again

I worked for Lincolnshire branch for quite some time and at the begining it was great but when i found out i was pregnant took month to risk assess me. And became a risk and so couldn't go to many places so the work dropped alot had to go on really early maternity leave then when i started complaining and getting head office involved they said the reason i didnt get offered work was because i had complaints from the homes i had been at saying i was lazy when i had numerous text etx and even spoke to the mangers and careers at each home and they all said they like me but it was due to me being pregnant as they didnt want to be held responsible for any complications

Pros

Good pay

Cons

See above

The staff are friendly to work with very helpful

The staff are helpful, in the care homes , there not enough hours local you have to be available to travel they tell you there local jobs but not many ,

Pros

Lunch is free in some care homes

Cons

Long hours not enough staff brakes are good

New Wiltshire office very helpful

The new Wiltshire office in Calne very nice staff nothing is to much for them. Always on the end of the phone day or night and will always answer any questions. They have sent me to lots of different care homes they have given me lots of information before I go to the care home so I what to expect.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No holiday pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton Cross. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hamilton Cross with

Learn about Hamilton Cross in popular locations

• Hamilton Cross
  • Care Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?