Hamilton Cross

Care Worker8 reviews
United Kingdom8 reviews

crossagencyshiftofficehelpfulsupportstafffriendly

Current Climate

In the current climate it may seem strange to want to work for an agency but i wanted to help people. After a call with the recruiter they made me feel this is the right thing to do and couldn't wait to get started. Had to follow the process but was explained and helped all along the way and now i go to the same place to help and support the residents as well as other carers. it is tough out there and thye are supporting me and the clients - great job and great people

Pros

Limited company

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to do everything

I love where I'm working at the moment

Hamilton Cross is not a bad agency company too work for they are helpful friendly supportive when needed the pay is pretty fair and you get enhanced benefits for working bank holidays and public holidays Christmas ect............. But you don't get sick pay or holiday pay so that's a down side to Hamilton Cross and your not guaranteed shifts every week either so your job is on a weekly and day by day basis if you understand what I mean. They have been really good to me and with me so I would recommend them to work for if agency is the way you wish to work 👍😉 I've worked for worse on the books companies and agencies in the past so I'd give Hamilton Cross a 4.5star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐🌟

Insights into Hamilton Cross

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Too much travelling, not enough hours

Not enough hours, what hours you get are miles and miles away. No holiday pay. The mileage you get paid is a month behind, you never get paid it all. You put your availability to work through and constantly get hassled to pick up shifts outside your availability and area.

Pros

You choose your days off. You gain experience in various settings.

Cons

No holiday pay, You don't get paid all your mileage, Periods of no work, Unreliable hours, Zero hour contract. Constant emails and texts.

Good company to work in

I love that they have lots of work. I have never gone without a shift. I also love that they book me in homes I’m most comfortable in and are closer to home. Shifts are booked in advance which gives enough time to plan. I love it here

Pros

Loads of work in your favourite home

Cons

A bit more money would be an added advantage 😜😜😜

Ex employee

Was very happy with Hamilton cross and if I needed to go back to an agency I would consider them. Just the pay and how it was done confused me terribly

Pros

Great choice of clients

Very misleading

In the advert is states you can earn so much money but this isn’t the case. When you meet them they say they have work in your area but it’s rare especially if your not in a busy town. When you arrive at the care homes half of them don’t even know your coming or your actually booked onto a shift which is very awkward. Jobs are to far away and it’s only online training anyone Could walk off the street answer a few tick box questions and be a ‘carer’

Do not touch with a badge pols

***t company (Lincoln). Do not even follow their own rules. Work for them at your own risk. Never their fault, also so have you running around like a headless chicken. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNER!

External training

To work for an agency that will put on external training to best fit the client needs is rare to say the least. I never thought that i would enjoy such a diverse client base. Having working in care home for years and given the opportunity to develop myself by trying a different role, I now go to a variety of clients and have been given the training required to best support the clients. I was surprised by this as many company's only want what is best for them. The office staff are always friendly and helpful and will get the answer I need. The option to be limited company for a HCA is brilliant and makes my work life balance so much better.

Pros

Limited company

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to do everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton Cross. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement