Hamilton Cross

Hamilton Cross Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant19 reviews
United Kingdom19 reviews

crossagencyshiftofficehelpfulsupportstafffriendly

Work balance is good but management is shocking

What I expect for an agency company. Shifts are easy to book and cancel if needed.Plenty of communication but staff in the office often spoke to you like rubbish. It was almost as it they had a hold on you. They would cancel your shift and then offer it to Someone else if they knew you’d go to a care home that wasn’t liked. Manager and booking staff definitely had favourites, so if you just want to keep your head down and work, prepare for the worst of the worst places to be sent to

Pros

Pay is good Easy to book shifts On call

Cons

Favouritism, Will often cancel at last minute, If you refuse to go to a bad home, it affects you getting other jobs, Expect you to ‘put up and shut up’

Good agency

Great agency to work for. The staff is lovely and very helpful 24/7.Very professional, payment is not amazing but care doesn't pay much anywayEasy to book and cancel shifts, great place to work for

Insights into Hamilton Cross

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Wouldn't recommend

You have to pay for your wages to be sorted and they don't pay all your mileage I did 3 days only got paid for 2 days mileage and basically came out with less than minimum wage

Rubbish

Dreadful places they send you to.No support from the manager.The time I was working there it was really bad.Nothing good to say regarding this company.

very good

Not worked for them long but they are a good company to work for good rates of pay lots of shifts if you want them and good support worth a look to work for

Failed.

Management failed to help me whilst being bullied. I left feeling broken and let down, the money isn’t that great either £10.20 for nights. Plus side is, there’s loads of work if you want it.

Pros

A lot of hours

Cons

No support.

Great agency, no complains

Working for Hamilton Cross agency is great, you have the flexibility to choose your own shifts. Payrate is ok too. I found people that you deal on weekly basis to be friendly and helpful. Personally I didn't have any problems to get the amount of shifts I wanted on a week. Every time I had a problem at work the manager was supportive and understanding.

Pros

flexibility, plenty shifts offered

Cons

you need a car in order to get plenty shifts

Great work but irregular hours

As an agency, Hamilton Cross have been good to me. I have worked for HC Wiltshire for over a year now and I cannot fault the management. The team are wonderful. They have a great variety of clients with all sorts of demands so there is something for everyone. However the nature of the agency means job security isn’t great and it’s hard to find shifts.

Pros

Great management team, free uniform

Cons

Unreliable hours, no job security, shifts get taken away

Excellent agency.

An excellent company to work for..fair and understanding . Excellent rates of pay.always someone there if you need to talk to them. Shares work out fairly between carers. Finds work for you where you live if they can.always lots of work available.very highly respected company .

Great place to work, fab management

Since working for Hamilton Cross I’ve had a much more balanced home and work life. Office staff are all very friendly and approachable and are very understanding! Good wages and weekly pay is fab! The only downside is sometimes having work which is too far away and not much choice for work in my area. Other than that I’d definitely recommend.

Caring and sweet office staff

Really is a friendly environment, have been so understanding when I had been struggling with life. Can’t fault them really! Give you as many hours as you need

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Need to plan in advance to get the hours you want

Really good company - lots of support AND work

I have been with Hamilton Cross Sussex Branch since Jan 2018. I am a carer / Support Worker and love my job. I dont like working in one place as i enjoy challenges and gaining new skills. There is always shifts on offer in my local area or further afield. I am often turning work down!!!! Would defo recommend working for this company. The office staff actually care and they understand as they have been carers. I like that the office staff visit the sites and they offer in-depth hand overs.

Pros

You get paid for breaks

Excellent Place To work For

I have been working for this company for over a year now and i love working here. A lot of different homes to work with and for.Always a large amount of work on offer for either Days or Nights'Office staff lovely and helpful no matter what you need them for.

Pros

Pay, Work Balance & Areas of Work

Amazing experience!

I haven't worked for an agency before but this has been a great experience for me! The girls in the office were so helpful from giving me all of the information I needed at recruitment stage and then when I started working as well the communication was top class! I get as much work as I want and get paid well for it as well! Would definitely recommend.

Pros

good pay, lots of work, communication

Hca

I've been working with the girls in the Wiltshire Branch over the last few months and I've got to say I've never had such a good experience with an agency! I wanted full time work and was worried about leaving set hours but since starting I've always got the hours and the work that I want. Can't really fault it!

Pros

45p per mile for travel, flexible

bookings

What an agency , who would have thought they would have so many shifts, such choice of locations and a fabulous pay packed to boot. I always know when and where I am going, the communication from the booking team is amazing, friendly and very personalble. If you want to work and earl a decent wage then this is the company for you

Pros

great communication

Cons

not enough staff to help everyone

Getting on board

I was really nervous about working for an agency but the lady in Wiltshire off K*** was really friendly, honest and very efficient. She guided me through the process keeping me up to date the whole time so I knew what was happening. K*** was able to get my references really quickly and the on-line training was so informative it reminded me what I did know. As K*** was able to get my referencing so quickly I was able to get out to work straight away and now I love it, the flexibility the honest and the clients

Pros

Efficient

Cons

Mileage isnt paid but claimed

Training

Working for an agency with lots of communication is rare and to such flexibility works brilliantly for me an my family. Having worked with them for a few months they have got training for particular clients which is reassuring for me and the clients. Very in depth on line training, very interesting. I say when I can work and they book me up and send me to a variety homes. The hardest part is not able to split into two. The ladies in the Wiltshire office have been very honest and fair with me. Good hourly rate which covers Christmas.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Mileage isnt paid but claimed

Honesty, friendly

Wiltshire branch very honest and open with me. Am a part time carer with great flexibility, office staff friendly always honest and very helpful. Looking for ward to the variety on my doorstep.

Pros

Always helpful

Cons

Luncheon claims

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton Cross. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement