HAMMERSMITH & FULHAM COUNCIL

Working at HAMMERSMITH & FULHAM COUNCIL: 14 Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews

Na

There are opportunities to grow. Social work is priveledged. There are good working relationships across some teams. Some innovative ideas are considered. There are strong ideas about hierarchy which can lose the voice of front line practitioners at times.

Pros

Ongoing development encouraged

Cons

Culture of long hours in some teams, others very boundaried

Pay is too low for the amount of work you do

No hope of permanent contracts, no pay rise and you work like a dog. Management say you will get a contract after 12 weeks and that doesn't happen. Wouldn't recommend to anyone

Pros

Finishing early

Cons

Low pay for alot of work

Insights into HAMMERSMITH & FULHAM COUNCIL

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great environment and collagues

Management and the way things were handled were very poorly. Cannot stand favouritism in organisations Whilst colleagues and fellow team members were great challenging thoughts were not welcome.

Pros

loction, salary, benefits

Cons

management, resturcturing

Good place to work. Nice and friendly staff just like family. Result oriented and target driven work environment that helps you develop your skills. I recommend this place for anyone looking for a job.

Registration Office Managers are unprofessional

Worked there for a short while thank God. Registration office managers behaviour was appalling towards staff and customers. MOST if not all of the staff team left within a month. Training was absolutely terrible which lead to many mistakes.

Productive, but long hours

My role was to promote and sell waste and recycling contracts to private businesses, hardest part where the hours, but colleagues were friendly and I loved working as part of a team, but also loved having individual goals. Management where hands off, which had its good and bad points, meaning some staff took the liberty with this set up, the most enjoyed part, were meeting the public, as I'm definitely a people person and with me , once you meet me, I'm never forgotten ( in a good way). I learnt to respect young and old and the old saying, treat people, how you would want to be treated.

Treated me terribly

I would not recommend working with LBHF, they are bad employees and do not treat their staff well, This, in my opinion, is down to years of bad management. They are constantly restructuring and therefore, this will not offer job security.

Bad management

It could not pay on time and the online system for employment and criminal check is broken. No one fixes it at all. It becomes the employee's responsibility to address the problem and communicate with different departments. The managers from different parties are lacking of communications.

Good oh Boy Network

Very professional organisation. However talents are overlooked as it appears promotions are based on familiarity . Your face has to fit. Management is.more authoritarian based.

fun people

it was pretty easy to be honest, i lot of nice people but the hardest part was the maggots in the bin from time to time. Also sometime rats would jump out.

Workplace culture

Great organisation,great support,really proud to have worked with this organisation. H&F empowered me to try,and try again and helped me attain invaluable skills

It's very interesting working here as no two days are the same. Its a different experience from what I am used to but I have learnt a lot as its a different workplace culture.

Pros

The working from home is certainly an advantage here

fun place to work

Good place to work but the abuse from the public just made the job not worth it. People would verbally abuse and threaten you daily even try to run you over.

Pros

short days good pay

Cons

get verbally abused and threatened daily

Enjoyed proof reading, preparing minutes for meetings and Interviewing potential housing officers. This is where I first l was able to assess the needs of vulnerable young people and begun to use my interpersonal skills to give them options to start seeing a bright future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HAMMERSMITH & FULHAM COUNCIL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement