Hammonds

Hammonds Employee Reviews

Straight away the ÂŁ200 a day pulls you in . Everything seems great until you start your own job after training. Your let down by the product and management. Customers are hit and miss. This type of work only would benefit well if you had mostly your own private work and say needed 1-3 days a week to do one fit for hammonds to increase your turnover. To sum it up , its a gamble to do work for them.
Pros
Tips for hardwork and your end product from customers.
Cons
Long hours, poor management .
Invited to join with view to improve the process's and reform specific business unit. Full of ambition but no idea, no desire to change or modernise. Outdated management styles and poor pay. Staff turnover very high and very low morale. disappointed that a British family run business is being left to rot
You will never succeed unless you drink at the Wharf or sleep with one of the managers. Avoid at all costs if you want to progress. Managers spend far too much time emailing people instead of talking. I know of at least 3 teamleaders who have left due to stress
Pros
It was local for me.
Cons
Clueless management, too many cliques. Unreasonable managers with unrealistic targets
was 2 years ago i was invited to work at hinckley under the agency as a FLT Driver loading machines, bord pick and running waste to the compactor.. Job started out Great, Enjoyed it very much and the staff on the floor are also a great bunch... job was sold and contracted as a day shift, but after a couple of months i was told to go onto night shift with no pre warning.. because i was not able to do this the boss made a very public outcry and frog marched me to my car.. ? another thing ill add is Watch out who is teaching you!. i was told to give the office my own number as they call a few times a day most days with requests or a change they need to happen.. that was the job and it worked like this for months...however later when the manager lost he's temper he then used it on me " your not to be on your phone"???.... very confusing place.
Pros
Good food
Cons
1 bad manager
Hammonds seams to be a good company to work for however the job it’s self is far too quiet,the targets are impossible because you may only speak to 2-3 people in a day. Hammonds expect you to ring customers who have previously been into the store and entered completions to see if they would like to book an appointment,to me this is pushy Sales and not something I would ever be comfortable with doing.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Pushy Sales
Very poorly managed company, the regional manager's have no idea what is going on from branch to branch, they don't care about staff or contractors, all they do care about is squeezing as many jobs as they can into the tiniest warehouses, and think it's ok to have just one person onsite in a dangerously over packed warehouse.
Poor and rude management . I will not recommend working for this company because they will blame you for their mistakes and take money from your wages and tell their customers that it’s your fault
If it’s north west area the manager has no thoughts for fitter retention you don’t get paid till job complete and they don’t rush bad experience for a fitter there 1-100 -1
Pros
In the north as a fitter = none
Cons
As a fitter need a bigger space to write this
I literally wouldn't give them a star if I had the option. Such a nasty place to work there was 5 women there who if you didn't get on with them you was told you was no longer needed they didn't even have to talk to you it was just how they looked at you espacially when talking rubbish about you
Working in Hommonds warehouse can be good and fun. Picking stock meeting people help your day go quick. Keeping the warehouse clean loading and off loading picking stock all in a day at Hammonds
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hammonds?
If you can sell, and you don't value your soul you can make a good living working for Hammonds. You are not given appointments till the night before so it is imossible to plan unless you book out of the diary a month in advance. It used to be a good company but a recent change in Director means a return to the 80s style of working and it's just a poor version of Sharps now. Turnover of management is high so there is no consistency. They take on too many new designers who are not trained well enough and are not given enough appointments. They fall by the wayside with no care that they will invest a couple of months before realising they won't earn. In the meantime, the existing designers sit around doing nothing waiting for a return to normal when the new ones drop off again. Dealing with customers is heartbreaking as so many of the jobs go wrong because of stupid mistakes and poor quality control. They then have to wait an hour to get through to anyone and struggle to get anyone to dela with their complaint. In the January sales, the trainers get to cherry pick the appointments and although you can earn good money in January, you will deal with more rubbish than usual as the mantra is, 'if it walks, book it'. They will not care that you are out wasting your time driving to 'no sits' and poor quality appointments.
Because of the nature of the job it is very hard to be given the time to advance up the pay scale.You tend to get placed on one area which only had a certain amount of skills,so very difficult to get up to higher levels of pay.There is also a lot of occasions where TeamWork definitely does not occur, as everyone just looks after their own department.
I wish I could give them 0 stars the company is awful to work for, no support from managers you are given 2 weeks training where they try to cram about a months worth of information into 8 days if that wasn't bad enough, when you start working for them they cap your wage to pay for their sample kits. They give you next to none appointments and the managers are rude and condescending if you want to pursue a career I definitely wouldn't recommend them you'll be wasting 2 months of your life before you even see a paycheck from this scummy company.
This can only be described as a shambolic organisation during the time I worked there. No concept or understanding of the market they were trying to access. training was non-existent, product and procedures were poor and senior managers, never met any!!! without question, the worst experience of my career along with the biggest regret of my career
Normally each day is very busy, you can work even seven days a week but salary is in real very poor. I met many people worked for this company roughly only 10 percent was happy of this job. I can not recommend this company.
unrealistic targets, Disorganized stores, operators who can bearly speak English, or read. Sop,s Full of dust and areas dirty out of date no real invement in it employee's Canteen no heating or facilities leaks in roof. Making floor slippy everywhere
Although I enjoy the work the way the company has set up it's field based sales force I don't like. We only get an appointment the evening before so you can't plan a week although you can vary your availability. You have to outlay for all your expenses and the commission you get is only 7% max. Other similar companies pay in the range of 10 - 12%. At present there are very few leads coming through which has prompted me to seek either additional or new employment.
To work for Hammonds you have to be used to a very slow day, maybe only seeing 2 or 3 customers. It would suit someone who is retired and doesn't want to do too much. You do have target aim for which at busy times of year like the January Sale are easy, but not so easy to achieve during the run up to Christmas.
Hammonds is a great place to work for, but you are either cut out for it or you aren't. There is a lot of different things involved with the job and it's important to be able to form good relationships with others.
Its about quantity over quality, management do not care, the pay is awful, job progression is hard to get because if you show your a hard worker the people who have bin there longer than you will throw a tantrum and try to do things to stop your progression even tho they are lazy and don't deserve it themselves.
As this is a family run organisation the members of the family felt they were above the rules. They made and modified equipment without having it approved. They cover up accidents
  1. Employee reviews