Hammonds

Hammonds: 40 Reviews in Hinckley

Hinckley40 reviews

targetfurnitureappointmentfitcommissionwageproductpoor

Ok in parts

Two systems to learn, one easy that crashes, one all codes, which when you get the gist of it works reasonably well. More information available on this too.Cliquey.Some staff really nice, others awful.Lots of voices other than mine say don't work here.

The pay is excellent. The management are excellent. Very fair and take complaints very seriously. The health and safety is outstanding. Job and knock.

Insights into Hammonds

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Depressing!

A manager with bullying complaints still running a department with no idea. Office is basically run down and still in the 80’s. Management do not care if you’re good at what you do if you’re doing 2/3 roles at once. Shambles

Avoid avoid avoid

Awful people to work for, management haven’t got a clue. Overworked and under paid. Place is a health and safety nightmare withe ceiling falling down and rats in offices

Pros

Lower level staff are lovely

Cons

Poor pay for workload

Plenty of work but low wages for skilled work

A nice place to work for unskilled people but not the best if your highly skilled. Wages are not enough and promise of training is arratic at best due to how busy they are. Place is really cold In winter as there is no proper heating in the machine shop.

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

late shift is not great hrs or pay

Lied to and miss sold me the job, beware.

was 2 years ago i was invited to work at hinckley under the agency as a FLT Driver loading machines, bord pick and running waste to the compactor.. Job started out Great, Enjoyed it very much and the staff on the floor are also a great bunch... job was sold and contracted as a day shift, but after a couple of months i was told to go onto night shift with no pre warning.. because i was not able to do this the boss made a very public outcry and frog marched me to my car.. ? another thing ill add is Watch out who is teaching you!. i was told to give the office my own number as they call a few times a day most days with requests or a change they need to happen.. that was the job and it worked like this for months...however later when the manager lost he's temper he then used it on me " your not to be on your phone"???.... very confusing place.

Pros

Good food

Cons

1 bad manager

Awful place to work

I literally wouldn't give them a star if I had the option. Such a nasty place to work there was 5 women there who if you didn't get on with them you was told you was no longer needed they didn't even have to talk to you it was just how they looked at you espacially when talking rubbish about you

Avoid this Company!

Because of the nature of the job it is very hard to be given the time to advance up the pay scale.You tend to get placed on one area which only had a certain amount of skills,so very difficult to get up to higher levels of pay.There is also a lot of occasions where TeamWork definitely does not occur, as everyone just looks after their own department.

Simply awful

This can only be described as a shambolic organisation during the time I worked there. No concept or understanding of the market they were trying to access. training was non-existent, product and procedures were poor and senior managers, never met any!!! without question, the worst experience of my career along with the biggest regret of my career

Production operator

unrealistic targets, Disorganized stores, operators who can bearly speak English, or read. Sop,s Full of dust and areas dirty out of date no real invement in it employee's Canteen no heating or facilities leaks in roof. Making floor slippy everywhere

Good but limited advancement

Hammonds is a great place to work for, but you are either cut out for it or you aren't. There is a lot of different things involved with the job and it's important to be able to form good relationships with others.

Family run orgnisation

As this is a family run organisation the members of the family felt they were above the rules. They made and modified equipment without having it approved. They cover up accidents

Clueless management & a shocking product

Management are only consistent in how clueless they are. Work targets are so unrealistic they are constantly behind meaning that ultimately any old rubbish is sent out just to trying and get the job done. Pressure on factory / warehouse staff is ridiculous and makes for a miserable workplace.

Didn't want to stay

Most of the calls I received were complaints or to follow up with account advisors after a customer never got a call back when they expected. Really frustrating when the account advisors wouldn't answer the phone, so you have to go back to tell the customer that they're get a call back by the end of the day, when really they probably wouldn't get it.

If your eager to progress then stay away

No career path for people wanting to progress No incentives Very low pay for what you do The staff lie in order to get you to do things, then after will argue they never agreed that

where to start

Worked there for a year (on a temp basis) handling high volume of calls and booking fitters appointments. Not enough staff on every department, customers left waiting for call backs that never happen. When they ask to speak to a manager, the managers would never deal with them, as they 'don't have to'. Position came up for a full time contract when I asked to change from temp to permanent, the higher management would not guarantee this. Fitters left in situations where the job was incomplete (they would not get paid until complete), used to call and complain they had no work booked in. Wages are very basic and very little chances of getting pay rises, we were given bonuses for hitting targets which stopped after 2 months as they realized they could save money.

Pros

other staff member great to work with

Cons

higher management have no respect or appreciation for their staff

soul drainer

ok place to work if you are very punctual with time keeping doesnt matter wether you can do the job or not management arent fussed not helpful if you are sick

Pros

overtime a plenty

Cons

carrying others

Work hard, Show commitment.

I have worked twice for Hammonds ( I currently work for them). I am passionate about my job, I work my ar*e off everyday. Unfortunately there are many within the factories that aren't . They expect a decent wage for doing next to nothing. You will do well for Hammonds if you care about what you do. Yes Hammonds isn't perfect, but it's a blooming decent company and I am proud to wear their uniform.

Pros

Job for life. Family business.

Cons

Some people who work there dont care about the work they do.

Jobs for the boys

Get yourself on the 'blue eyed boy' list and it's not too bad. Pretty unpleasant for everyone else. Senior management mostly appear to have graduated school aged 7. No chance of progression and stupidly long hours whenever there is a problem in manufacturing - which is most of the time. Don't bother.

Staff helpful.

Enjoyed working there. Staff was helpful when I got put on there without explain anything to me. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things. Team leader wasn't very helpful at all. Always putting me down and the more I pushed myself the more he wasn't happy with it.

productive

Great people to work with, rewarding place of work. Overtime is always available, so it is quite easy to adjust your wage to fit your lifestyle. Early and late shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hammonds. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement