Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

HecticCan be really busy and stressfulStaffing issues,and as usual low payLong working hoursBut you will have a supportive team and a fair management
Pros
Supportive team and management
Cons
Long hours, Short staff
Overall a good and friendly environment however you will be keep busy and will be constantly working will different people, you would be lucky to learn the names of most of the staff. Very rewarding and I was always tired but happy at the end of a shift
I worked at Basingstoke for 18 months, I found it to be a very friendly well run hospital, with lots of staff development. I did find some senior staff very clicky and if uou werent in the click it coild be tough at times getting support.
Pros
Friendly staff, great development
Cons
Some staff very clicky, travelling distance
Good place to work.Not too far from home. management is very supportive and you are given independence in how you run your department. CNO tem very supportive and helpful.
Most departments are great to work in. Children’s unit is different. It’s insular you fit in or you don’t. Mindset is do what you’re told, you cant contribute to change things. Constant questioning from managers if you do something for another member of staff!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Can’t be proactive, questioned if do a good deed for the nursing staff.
An enjoyable and rewarding experience. Very friendly team. Processes need evaluating and ensuring they are followed. Free parking. would recommend to anyone. Some uncertainty as to the future of CCGs over the next couple of years,
When I was taken on as MLA for RHCH, the welcome from my new colleagues and management helped me gain confidence in learning the processes and myself.
Pros
Good training ethos, supportive supervisors, relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
None.
The hardest part is constant interruption. Very poor management. I would not recommend working for Hampshire Hospital. I used to enjoy my job and now i feel sick going to work
Great colleagues, but really poor senior management make life very difficult. Sadly could not recommend working here as a scientist. As elsewhere in the NHS it is very understaffed.
Great environment to work in with a lot of scope for personal and career development, managers are positive and encouraging. pay and benefits are very good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust?
Very small , but nice peopple working there , very nice environment. Happy that they gave the environment. The perfect option if you have a family and you do not like big places
such a nice atmosphere, I am a temporary worker and hope to work there permanently in the near future. The restaurant is very good and there is staff parking, although I understand this does get full.
Pros
Good canteen
Cons
cant think of any
The department in which i worked was very close knit, with a wide variation of characters and specialties, from junior staff up to management. Safe and secure environment to work in and plenty of support from various levels of management.
A very rewarding job but also an emotionally challanging. Higher management needs improvement and a better knowledge of the role, as they only focus on money and not want is needed to do the job.
Pros
Pay, Helping others, Rewarding
Cons
Higher management, more staff needed within the team. Shift work.
I enjoyed my time at this hospital all staff where friendly and caring, the sister on the ward went out her way with her staff gave praise and good ear if you had any worries meaning personal also. Made you feel important and team player.
Pros
Lovely place to work
Cons
I have nothing but praise for this hospital
Busy but varied administrative role. Filing, scanning, photocopying, typing, telephone work, handling daily post. Dealing with funding of people within care homes.
Pros
varied work
Cons
never knowing if there was a job in the future due to NHS funding
Very supportive place to work. Managers are always looking to progress their workers and put them forward to get various qualifications and build careers.
Part of Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Very busy NHS hospital, unable to comment on any area other than Maternity. Small and friendly unit. Very committed multi professional team working , where every team member is valued.
Pros
Friendly inclusive working environment
Cons
Long hours and breaks not guaranteed
The ward was a busy environment due to the nature of the service users we were caring for. They mainly suffered from Dementia but some had Alzheimers. We worked short staffed all the time and with 16 service users to care for from the start of the day until night time it was hard work as we never had any hoists. The staff were friendly and enjoyed the team spirit which seemed to make days go quicker. After the service users had washed and dressed it was breakfast time. Then depending on the weather outside would depend if we went out for a walk or if the occupational therapists would do an activity on the ward. Throughout the day we would make sure that the ward was clean and that the service users were fully hydrated. Because we as staff got to know the service users so well i found the hardest part of the job was when they passed away. The staff would always go to any funeral as it felt it was our way of finally saying goodbye.
Pros
good team work
Cons
having to manually lift service users
Staff are overworked and never appreciated. I have learned a lot and great experience which i will carry on. Management are only concerned about saving money, overloading staff with extra tasks and do not have the time to have a one to one meeting with staff
Pros
Lunch break and staff discounts.
Cons
Pay is not attractive, staff are not appreciated enough
.Hard to manage when work by yourself. .Need more staff. .Staff need to be more supportive. .working hrs are good. .Payment is nice. .Good experience with new field as I learned something new from it. .Gets more day off to spend with family and friends. .Can request for the working days. .Patients are nice you can feel they appreciate what we do for them.