Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Reviews: Working at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

United Kingdom31 reviews

Mixed experience as Bank employee

Can only comment on RHCH. Some managers were dreadful and disorganised. Some colleagues helpful, others I'm glad never to see again. Agree with prev. comment that overall an OK place to work but not exciting. The staff Covid testing arrangements is one thing this Trust has got right.

Shambles

Poor place to work, staff badly cared for by very poor management. They play at doing things right but everything is just a tick box exercise. NHS is a good organisation but each trust is autonomous and each department has autonomy within the trusts. Depressing!

Pros

Nhs

Insights into Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Trust in colleagues

Salary is low.

Overall an ok place to work but not exciting. Management is awful- they don’t care about employees as long as you do your job. Appraisal ls and 1:1 are just tick box exercises. No support/encouragement for career progression. Communication is non existent. Wouldn’t recommend unless you are waiting for retirement or want enjoy a slow routine workday.

Pros

Colleagues are great to work with

Cons

Management is awful

Nurse with NHS

HecticCan be really busy and stressfulStaffing issues,and as usual low payLong working hoursBut you will have a supportive team and a fair management

Pros

Supportive team and management

Cons

Long hours, Short staff

Over all a good environment

Overall a good and friendly environment however you will be keep busy and will be constantly working will different people, you would be lucky to learn the names of most of the staff. Very rewarding and I was always tired but happy at the end of a shift

Hampshire Hospitals nursing role

I worked at Basingstoke for 18 months, I found it to be a very friendly well run hospital, with lots of staff development. I did find some senior staff very clicky and if uou werent in the click it coild be tough at times getting support.

Pros

Friendly staff, great development

Cons

Some staff very clicky, travelling distance

Supportive management and caring

Good place to work.Not too far from home. management is very supportive and you are given independence in how you run your department. CNO tem very supportive and helpful.

Choose a different dept

Most departments are great to work in. Children’s unit is different. It’s insular you fit in or you don’t. Mindset is do what you’re told, you cant contribute to change things. Constant questioning from managers if you do something for another member of staff!

Pros

Salary

Cons

Can’t be proactive, questioned if do a good deed for the nursing staff.

Rewarding Experience

An enjoyable and rewarding experience. Very friendly team. Processes need evaluating and ensuring they are followed. Free parking. would recommend to anyone. Some uncertainty as to the future of CCGs over the next couple of years,

Memorable experience

When I was taken on as MLA for RHCH, the welcome from my new colleagues and management helped me gain confidence in learning the processes and myself.

Pros

Good training ethos, supportive supervisors, relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

None.

Workplace

The hardest part is constant interruption. Very poor management. I would not recommend working for Hampshire Hospital. I used to enjoy my job and now i feel sick going to work

Poor Management

Great colleagues, but really poor senior management make life very difficult. Sadly could not recommend working here as a scientist. As elsewhere in the NHS it is very understaffed.

Good Workplace

Great environment to work in with a lot of scope for personal and career development, managers are positive and encouraging. pay and benefits are very good.

Excellent

Very small , but nice peopple working there , very nice environment. Happy that they gave the environment. The perfect option if you have a family and you do not like big places

A friendly place to work

such a nice atmosphere, I am a temporary worker and hope to work there permanently in the near future. The restaurant is very good and there is staff parking, although I understand this does get full.

Pros

Good canteen

Cons

cant think of any

Trust where your colleagues are like your family

The department in which i worked was very close knit, with a wide variation of characters and specialties, from junior staff up to management. Safe and secure environment to work in and plenty of support from various levels of management.

Rewarding job but challanging at times.

A very rewarding job but also an emotionally challanging. Higher management needs improvement and a better knowledge of the role, as they only focus on money and not want is needed to do the job.

Pros

Pay, Helping others, Rewarding

Cons

Higher management, more staff needed within the team. Shift work.

Absolutely brillient

I enjoyed my time at this hospital all staff where friendly and caring, the sister on the ward went out her way with her staff gave praise and good ear if you had any worries meaning personal also. Made you feel important and team player.

Pros

Lovely place to work

Cons

I have nothing but praise for this hospital

Busy administrative role

Busy but varied administrative role. Filing, scanning, photocopying, typing, telephone work, handling daily post. Dealing with funding of people within care homes.

Pros

varied work

Cons

never knowing if there was a job in the future due to NHS funding

Good team work ethic

Very supportive place to work. Managers are always looking to progress their workers and put them forward to get various qualifications and build careers.

Professional empathetic work place

Part of Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Very busy NHS hospital, unable to comment on any area other than Maternity. Small and friendly unit. Very committed multi professional team working , where every team member is valued.

Pros

Friendly inclusive working environment

Cons

Long hours and breaks not guaranteed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement