Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 19 Reviews in Basingstoke

Basingstoke19 reviews

teamgoodworkingmanagementworkgreatplacesupportive

Salary is low.

Overall an ok place to work but not exciting. Management is awful- they don’t care about employees as long as you do your job. Appraisal ls and 1:1 are just tick box exercises. No support/encouragement for career progression. Communication is non existent. Wouldn’t recommend unless you are waiting for retirement or want enjoy a slow routine workday.

Pros

Colleagues are great to work with

Cons

Management is awful

Good place to work , supportive team and management. Have a good work life balance. Good for someone looking for flexible working hours . Not a great paymaster .

Insights into Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose

Shambles

Poor place to work, staff badly cared for by very poor management. They play at doing things right but everything is just a tick box exercise. NHS is a good organisation but each trust is autonomous and each department has autonomy within the trusts. Depressing!

Pros

Nhs

Nurse with NHS

HecticCan be really busy and stressfulStaffing issues,and as usual low payLong working hoursBut you will have a supportive team and a fair management

Pros

Supportive team and management

Cons

Long hours, Short staff

Over all a good environment

Overall a good and friendly environment however you will be keep busy and will be constantly working will different people, you would be lucky to learn the names of most of the staff. Very rewarding and I was always tired but happy at the end of a shift

Hampshire Hospitals nursing role

I worked at Basingstoke for 18 months, I found it to be a very friendly well run hospital, with lots of staff development. I did find some senior staff very clicky and if uou werent in the click it coild be tough at times getting support.

Pros

Friendly staff, great development

Cons

Some staff very clicky, travelling distance

Supportive management and caring

Good place to work.Not too far from home. management is very supportive and you are given independence in how you run your department. CNO tem very supportive and helpful.

Workplace

The hardest part is constant interruption. Very poor management. I would not recommend working for Hampshire Hospital. I used to enjoy my job and now i feel sick going to work

Poor Management

Great colleagues, but really poor senior management make life very difficult. Sadly could not recommend working here as a scientist. As elsewhere in the NHS it is very understaffed.

Good Workplace

Great environment to work in with a lot of scope for personal and career development, managers are positive and encouraging. pay and benefits are very good.

A friendly place to work

such a nice atmosphere, I am a temporary worker and hope to work there permanently in the near future. The restaurant is very good and there is staff parking, although I understand this does get full.

Pros

Good canteen

Cons

cant think of any

Trust where your colleagues are like your family

The department in which i worked was very close knit, with a wide variation of characters and specialties, from junior staff up to management. Safe and secure environment to work in and plenty of support from various levels of management.

Absolutely brillient

I enjoyed my time at this hospital all staff where friendly and caring, the sister on the ward went out her way with her staff gave praise and good ear if you had any worries meaning personal also. Made you feel important and team player.

Pros

Lovely place to work

Cons

I have nothing but praise for this hospital

Professional empathetic work place

Part of Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Very busy NHS hospital, unable to comment on any area other than Maternity. Small and friendly unit. Very committed multi professional team working , where every team member is valued.

Pros

Friendly inclusive working environment

Cons

Long hours and breaks not guaranteed

Yes i did enjoy my time at the Hospital and it was a good place to work but change happens and you have to embrace change and have no regrets

I have worked at the hospital for 25 years before taking retirement . when I first started it was about patient and training to to support your career I would have liked to have stayed but the new management I was doing was regraded lower so I was offered early retirement.

Pros

Good Pension

Cons

Lack of support from management

Great caring organisation to work for.

Supporting both health visitors and school nurses by managing an up to date electronic patient record for 0-19 year olds. Ensuring births, bloodspot results, health review examinations and immunisations were put on to our system in a timely manner. Obtaining records for clinicians as required. Making appointments with schools, in order for the school nurses to deliver immunisation programmes in schools. Ordering medical equipment on behalf of the school nurses. Entering immunisation results on to the child health system. Producing a monthly agenda for the Multi Disciplinary Teams meeting and typing up of the minutes. Working with Hampshire County Council by providing them with statistics for the National Child Measuring Programme. Answering phone calls from parents/practices nurses/social services/schools. Managing the team as and when directed by my manager. The management team within Hampshire Hospital were both caring and approachable. The team in which I worked in was small, friendly and everyone would be willing to help out in order to meet deadlines. I really enjoyed my time with Hampshire Hospital and was sorry when I was taupe to another Nhs Trust.

Pros

Leave entitlement was very good/flexible working

Oppressive and unorganised

Working through a shared service centre, getting the work completed was tedious and full of red tape. Management lacked communication and seemed inexperienced. Employees were unenthusiastic and inflexible. The only plus to this role were the short working hours.

Pros

Short hours

Cons

Many

Productive & Busy Enviroment

Where i work is very busy enviroment and productive, no two days are the same, my collugues are a great team of people and we sometimes have a laugh and a joke, my job deals with some contact to the patients by handing out all menu cards for them to fill in, if the midwife is busy i will answer call bells, dooing all the data entry for the discharges and any other relevent details that require inputting on the systems.

Productive, hardworking but fun workplace

I would care for and look after the patients with dementia, the role of me as a health care assistant is too help the patients with personal care such as getting washed and dressed, helping the patients who needed that extra help with feeding. From working, and still working as a Bank Health Care Assistant, I have learnt how important it is to work as part of team, to make sure that the patients on the wards needs are meet, and the patients get the care that they need, in order to help them get better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement