Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 11 Reviews in Winchester

Winchester11 reviews

teamgoodworkingmanagementworkgreatplacesupportive

Laid back , terrible wages

HHFT over employ people in almost every department. Result - lots of people stood round talking and gossiping about whoever takes their fancy. Wages are terrible for all admin roles , work is dull and repetitive. Mostly filing and transporting things around the hospital. Staff constantly talk about “Agenda for Change” payscales !

Fast paced company

A very good trust to work with. Management is quite concerned about your growth. There are loads of training to take to improve your skills. Very lovely staff as well

Insights into Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose

Anxiety inducing, stressful and exhausting

A lot of nurses treat carers badly, they will expect you to run around for them and help patients alone, whilst they sit at their computers. You end up feeling overworked and undersupported. Some wards are better than others. As bank you get to chose where you work, but a lot of the time they move you to cover understaffed wards, you leave feeling exhausted.

Pros

Night rate is good

Cons

Booking a ward then being forced to work somewhere else

Mixed experience as Bank employee

Can only comment on RHCH. Some managers were dreadful and disorganised. Some colleagues helpful, others I'm glad never to see again. Agree with prev. comment that overall an OK place to work but not exciting. The staff Covid testing arrangements is one thing this Trust has got right.

No time to even talk to anyone

Very stressful, get left to run Department on your own a lot of the time and the phone calls can be horrendous like a call centre and most calls generate more work, feel guilty to take your 1/2 lunch break, workload doesn't seem to be fair at all, some staff get a lot of work and others in my opinion not so much and the staff that do not pull their weight get a higher salary

Pros

Good Holiday Allowance

Cons

Understaffed

Memorable experience

When I was taken on as MLA for RHCH, the welcome from my new colleagues and management helped me gain confidence in learning the processes and myself.

Pros

Good training ethos, supportive supervisors, relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

None.

Excellent

Very small , but nice peopple working there , very nice environment. Happy that they gave the environment. The perfect option if you have a family and you do not like big places

Good team work ethic

Very supportive place to work. Managers are always looking to progress their workers and put them forward to get various qualifications and build careers.

staff are extremely overworked and less appreciated

Staff are overworked and never appreciated. I have learned a lot and great experience which i will carry on. Management are only concerned about saving money, overloading staff with extra tasks and do not have the time to have a one to one meeting with staff

Pros

Lunch break and staff discounts.

Cons

Pay is not attractive, staff are not appreciated enough

good salary

.Hard to manage when work by yourself. .Need more staff. .Staff need to be more supportive. .working hrs are good. .Payment is nice. .Good experience with new field as I learned something new from it. .Gets more day off to spend with family and friends. .Can request for the working days. .Patients are nice you can feel they appreciate what we do for them.

Wonderful People to Work With, Shame about the Pay!

My colleagues are great! They are supportive both professionally and personally. Holiday entitlement is very good as are the pension benefits and discounts available on the high street. Unfortunately, the NHS expect extremely high levels of committment for comparitively low pay. This can lead to high levels of stress from management who expect a lot for very little in return. This also leads to a conflict on work/life balances.

Pros

Holiday entitlement, NHS discounts available on the high street

Cons

Inflexible working patterns, very low pay comparatively

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust with

Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust reviews by location

Learn about Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Winchester

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?