Hamptons International

Hamptons International Employee Reviews

Company culture is amazing, full training will be given, good OTE + other benefits, they look after their employees, good progression schemes, plenty of parties during the year.
Azienda solida e strutturata, formazione eccellente, ottima esperienza
The culture in hamptons is very employee centered where you feel like they want you to work there. Lots of support in regards to career development and support in whatever avenues of the business you would like to go down.
Company was well run and I enjoyed my time there. The training was brilliant, and career development was well managed. I decided I preferred the lower end market.
Pros
Company was well run
Cons
Very quiet
Hamptons International is very professional property company with good client focus morals. It use to be a fun place to work. The balance between succeeding and team satisfaction was spot on. I recommend them as a good place to develop your career.
Great company, great management, what more can you ask of, i first came to Hamptons as a temp staff then was offered a perm role and 1 year later i am part of the furniture.
Pros
great guidance from staff and management
Cons
salary could be a bit more
My manager is great, staff are friendly, work stimulates the mind and its just one day a week but I enjoy it. I would recommend this place to everyone and Saturday jobs would just be perfect for mums or students.
Pros
Lovely staff members
Cons
I worked for Hamptons for a short while in the Lettings, Rickmansworth. I would love to emphasise how great it was however that would be untrue. In particular the management pick and choose on whom they like, I saw many things that contradict the Hamptons ethos. Management intruding in your personal life and overall unprofessional approach to their employees. Needless to say, I am so much happier working anywhere else!
Cons
Enjoyed my time with Hamptons International. A company that are proud of their brand and invest in their employees. Nurture talent and provide good training
Pros
brand ambassadors
Cons
opportunity for growth
I don't take worrk home with me. I have learnt about the process in Sales and Lettings. Working with Solicitors in the conveyancing process. It's a fun place to work learning from people with vast amounts of experience
My typical day starts at 7:45am and my first task will be to go through my emails and chases on the system dashboard. My portfolio of properties tends to be quite busy, so I often have over 40 emails in my inbox. My emails tend to consist of correspondence from landlords and tenants regarding maintenance works, utility bills and other invoices. I also draw up schedules of damages and negotiate between landlords and tenants regarding deposit releases. My days tend to be very busy and I often have to deal with property emergencies, which makes prioritising a very important skill in this job. I have also learned to be very organised as I am responsible for coordinating maintenance works, property visits as well as responding to general property queries in a timely manner. My communications skills have also improved as I am required to be diplomatic when dealing with clients and tenants. The management tend to be friendly and approachable but sometimes disorganised and overstretched which can be difficult when individual portfolios require daily attention and firefighting. The work place culture is largely very friendly and I enjoy working as part of a team with my colleagues. We are encouraged to spend time with each other outside of work when we go for lunches every couple of months. The hardest part of the job is balancing the different responsibilities and successfully prioritising and mistakes can have wide, implications for the clients and the company. It is also very difficult to get a pay rise which has a negative impact on staff motivation levels. I do enjoy - more...
Excellent company to work for. Friendly work colleagues employed by hamptons and they were always careful to ensure any agency staff were able to fit in. a happy site was a productive site. Excellent management of sites, always well looked after. Varied and fun work environment.There were long hours needed at times but you also had quiet days which gave the job some variation. possibility of staying away for some sites as well
Pros
steady work
Cons
Worked in the head office of hamptons international which was home to country wides other brands head office to (i.e green and co). The people were nice enough, as the job is very target orientated it caused people to steal credit/customers out from under you. Our floor was home to well over 100 people and every month more than 20 people were complained about payment issues. (One guy was owed over time for over 6 months and counting!) Would not recomend.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Monthly payment issues, All staff are made to upsell extra profits but not all teams are eligible the comission!
Great culture. MD of the company if fabulous. Training is part of the culture and embedded into the Hampton's ethos. The people are great . They work hard and have fun.
Great training Great company to start your career Will always try to progress people within the company Great brand to work for also owned by Countrywide
Pros
Large organisation lots of training and experience
Cons
Long hours and weekend work
Varied depending on the work load I learnt a lot of different skills within my time at Hamptons, all of which will be beneficial to various roles Management varied but on the whole was positive Work Place culture was exceptional Dealing with difficult phone calls Job Satisfaction and the team
Pros
Flexible
Cons
high turnover of staff
Hamptons is a fantastic company to work for. What's most inspiring about the company is it's appetite to promote from within, this means that hardworking individuals without huge industry knowledge are able to enter the business on a level playing field and given enormous opportunities to grow. As a senior manger there isn't anything more rewarding then seeing your team develop their skillset, confidence and techniques with all of the extensive training and career progression that Hamptons provide, it really is second to none. I started at Hamptons as a negotiator without any industry related experience, quickly gaining pace and results through the brand with reward and recognition. I soon progressed through the several ranks and now I am able to run my own branch and develop my own skills through further projects and business opportunities. Overall, it is a lovely company to work for and the people really do make it, Hamptons is a stand out brand, with first class people.
Pros
Achievable career progression, fantastic opportunities and great people cutlure
Cons
Bonus structures are good however need improvement.
I've been with the company 8 years starting as a Negotiator and progressing through the ranks to an Associate. Hamptons is a great company to work for, plenty of training courses should you wish to progress along with all the support necessary for promotion.
Pros
Great Support
Cons
Hamptons is run by approachable individuals with both good business acumen and with enormous industry knowledge inspiring confidence in the leadership. Having progressed from a position as a negotiator to a position as a Sales Manager, I would recommend the company to those looking to progress with a career in property.
learnt new skills and lovely atmosphere. really loved the people as i was treated like part of he family. alongside this, taught me to lease with customers more effectively and also become more independent.
A great chapter in my life, learned everything I know about the property industry while at Hampton's and for that I owe them a lot. Had no problem maintaining my life/Work balance.
Pros
Summer Party
Cons
Low basics