Hanover Scotland

Hanover Scotland Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom11 reviews

Decent salary. Can be stressful at times. Management are approachable and helpful. Opportunities to progress if you wish through various departments.

Understaffed and overworked

Training is poor, outdated and conducted by someone who doesn't know the job.Management have a hands off approach, leading from the back.Line managers do not follow up on concerns, ignoring work place stress triggers and themselves contribute to the unhealthy work environment. I worked for 3 years in this department and can say with confidence this was the single worst employment experience I've ever had to endure.I've never worked anywhere that taking time off for work related stress and fatigue was factored into their department projections. HR and managers don't communicate and it raises the question as to why they are even there.No ongoing training ever took place or svq learning as stated when you first join.Any necessary training takes place during work and you are put under pressure to complete it quickly then answer incoming calls, I was not aware of any training taking place in a normal learning environment.

Insights into Hanover Scotland

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Easy work, good pay

I am a cleaner at one of the sheltered housing developments. The work is easy, the pay is good. 2 on-site managers are both easy going and lovely. They trust me to get on with my work. Sometimes the managers are on holiday and I'm left to come in and do my work without supervision. Nothing bad to say about my job here. The company are good to the staff. Had good bonuses, good pay rise, Christmas party etc.

Pros

Left alone to get on with work

Cons

Sometimes looking for work to fill my time

Rewarding

A very rewarding feeling working for Hanover Scotland and the feeling of being much appreciated every day is different. Help is always available from anyone within the company.Flexible working conditions

Pros

Flexible, respectful, professional and supportive

Cons

Bad staff overshadowed by the good work you do

Staff are very two faced and talk behind each others backs, do not offer much support to each other. Management are clueless and very out of touch. You are judged on how many calls you are able to answer instead of how well you support the vulnerable clients, people get away with doing not much work and others picked on if face doesn't fit.

Pros

3 days off

Cons

Hard work not appreciated

Horrible place to work

If your face fits you’ll do well, very clique and management are two faced and can’t be trusted. There is no job security and will not hesitate to sack you for a simple honest mistake.

Forward Thinking yet Traditional

The jobs are well defined. You know what is expected from you. The management are very supportive and there is stability in Senior Management. The teams exist in a supportive environment and the channels are there if there is any problems. They look after staff. There's always some that are not happy but it is the same anywhere. It is easy to count your blessings at Hanover. The company is always looking for ways to improve and yet value their established traditions on how they serve companies. I am happy at this company and genuinely look forward to stay within them for as long as they continue to grow as an organisation in terms of quality and size.

Pros

Good Working Environment

Cons

Sometimes long hours, but it's worth it.

Reviewed Summary

Loved this job brilliant staff great communication training overtime available great experience only left as I needed full-time work and unfortunately days didn't fit with shifts.Staff are amazing and friendly !

Fantastic job...appauling support from line Manager

Would gladly leave if it was not for the love of supporting residents. They are what makes this job worthwhile. Support from Line Manager leaves alot to be desired. Things often swept under carpet. No support in what can be an extremely stressful job.

i really enjoy my job and feel appreciated , its well organised and the people are all nice

i am a domestic at hanover , its hard work but the people are all lovely and its a nice relaxed welcoming environment to be in , i enjoy my job and my employer is very organised and does her job well

Productive, Welcoming work palce

Working at Hanover,is the best job i have ever had hands down. The environment, the people, the culture and the job itself is great. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. Everyone speaks to everyone and has respect and kindness towards one another. If you have a willingness to progress or to learn more then they are very much on board to help you with that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanover Scotland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement