HANOVER logo
HANOVER

HANOVER Employee Reviews

Good work place

Good people to get along with good wages and a good work space that’s my experience anyway! Good break areas and a big lunch space and hot food on sale

Outstanding company

Anchor Hanover are a amazing company to work for. The provide outstanding training to all new starters that join the company and leave no effort in training the colleague everything he or she is required to know to do his or her on a day to basis.

Good but too much change

whilst the working environment and culture at Hanover has been quite good over the years. Budget cuts, restructures and regional office closures have caused lots of uncertainty.

Pros

Flexible working for some staff

Cons

Too many changes

work place

One of the best recruitment agency I joined. I am proud of their professionalism and concern for career development. I was inundated with job supply during my working relationship with them. Using this medium I would like to express my sincere gratitude them. A good company to work with.

Summary

A typical day would be managing my office staff team which consists of 9 others. They range from office assistants, secretarial support, housing officers. I delegate work, pick up work strands that require an immediate response or require further investigation. Every two weeks we run a responsive areas report and i will review those with staff especially cases requiring some degree of intervention, e.g. direct contact with the customer and/or legal action. I am overseeing a number of new build projects so during the day i may have meetings with Development Officers, other Heads of departments and Local Authority teams who we may be working in partnership with. The hardest part of the job is ensuring that standards do not slip and that we honour our duty of candour wherever possible. I throughly enjoy working with customers, encouraging participation.

Pros

Company Car, Flexible Working, Good annual leave

Cons

Travel can be extensive during specific periods of the year

Exciting and challenging

I had to overlook and manage a team in order to successfully run a small event. • Social media management, promotion, publicity and sales • Negotiation with venue owners and other parties for staging the events • Ensuring successful event commencement and completion • Team leadership, accountable for financial and budgetary control

Pros

Responsibility

Cons

Unsociable hours

Office Manager

On a typical day I will open the office as a key holder of the business, over see the start of day and deal with any questions any employees may have about current accounts or casework they are working on. I manage the team to ensure they are up-to-date with deadlines ensure they are supported in the event that they need more assistance with caseloads. In addition to this, I will authorise cheques as account signatory and prepare daily/weekly reports for the directors relating to the day-to-day business. As a small firm, within my current role I am also an accounts manager, building a rapport with my customers, colleagues and external agencies upon which I offer a positive, transparent and efficient service at all levels. I believe this current position has given me valued management, administrative and customer service experience.

Pros

I have been able to move up the career ladder within the business to office manager.

Jobs at HANOVER