Happy Days Nursery

Happy Days Nursery Employee Reviews

United Kingdom49 reviews

Fun workplace

A fairly good place to work. Supply work was available quite often. Sometimes staff weren’t very polite or helpful, other than that it’s a nice place to work.

Worked here as stop gap as a cook

Short hours with minimum wage .. Promised more but never came to fruition. If it had I may if stayed longer couldn’t afford to make it work longtime with a family. Nursery staff all seamed friendly and dedicated to their jobs.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Pay . Hours . No perks

Supply nursery nurse

I have worked at happydays derriford for 12months . They hold regular meetings with management to ensure your well being Regular training and updates are given along with free uniform. I enjoy working there and find as I do supply I work with all ages allowing me to enjoy all aspects of nursery.

Pros

Free tea and coffee along with free uniform and trouser allowance paid lunches and breaks.

Cons

Monthly staff meetings

Loved working with the children

The setting was large and very clean. The children were a pleasure. Good communication between staff members and parents. Confident manager, supportive and approachable.

Fun Workplace

I get on with everyone who works there and learn new things every time I work. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the children and seeing them develop.

Pros

Seeing children Develop

Very nice place to work

The people there good co-workers. Management very considerate and concerned about your work experience. I would recommend working there. Great environment to work in. Flexible hours.

Great environment for children

Really good place to work. The staff are really good practitioners and help progress the children using the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. The nursery is clean and presented well.

Easy part time job

My time at Happy Days was very easy but also sometimes challenging it was easy to balance my job and my work load from college and my social life All the staff were very nice and helpful

Awful, do not send your children here

Undering no circumstances send your children here, management don't care about the staff let alone the children, children are kept outside for 3-4 hours as their isn't enough staff for rooms to split, each child get ÂŁ1 budget for their meals throughout the day so a ÂŁ1 for breakfast, lunch and snack, this nursery is all about a show and how much money they can make

Truro city happy days

I really enjoy working at Happy days the staff are really friendly abd all get along well. We all work together to get the job and make sure the safety of the children come first. Each staff member works really hard daily and enjoy every minute.

Jobs at Happy Days Nursery

See more jobs

Happy days

Loverly company to work for, work around hours to you with the family life. Great nursery all 3 of my children went there and enjoyed ther time with them

Great company with the children's wellbeing at its heart

Rocky start as a brand new premises and team but getting it's act together to fulfil the promise it holds. Beautiful building with excellent facilities.Excellent team.

Pros

Wonderful building. Great head office team.

Cons

None.

fun place to work

The nursery was a big nursery with an increasing number of children and staff on role. The opportunity to extend professionally was available and the team of staff were fun to work with. Management was always supportive with other staff member s and always willing to improve services they provided for children to maintain a good learning and development throughout.

Pros

hot lunches

Fun and rewarding

Helpful and friendly staff, as well as an enjoyable and happy environment to work in. I learnt vital health and safety procedures that will benefit me for future jobs.

Awful work environment

Most awful nursery I have worked in. The induction, by head office which was given to new staff, was amazing! However, management have no clue how to run a nursery. Both manager and deputy left the nursery to have a meeting at Costa, leaving the nursery without a safeguarding lead. They talk to staff rudely, even in front of parents, and the way they talk about staff in the office for everyone to hear (including parents) is disgusting. I really wish head office would have come down more often, as this is a new nursery. This nursery is declining fast, and am not surprised staff are already leaving.

Pros

Staff are amazing with the children

Cons

Rewarding and fun place to work!

Happy Days Nursery was great fun and rewarding to work in, staff are very friendly, salary was good and generally great fun! Long days but only had to work 3 days a week to earn my average pay which was great, I had time to pursue my photography business on my days off.

my work experiance

as a whole happy days nursery is good, as i was only there for 6 weeks on placement from college i never really got to know the benefits and never got paid as it was only placement through college, the staff was really nice and helped and never put any pressure on me forcing to do anything i was uncomfortable with

Fun and worked well environment

My two years at happy days nursery has been the best time I could have had the staff are so nice and make you feel so comfortable as well being an apprentice you get all the help and support needed

Pros

Good staff

Happy days

Didn’t like it much didn’t like how I was treated and didn’t like it very well I was only doing cleaning all the time and not really interacting with the children

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Treated wrongly

work experience

happy day nursery was my very first work placement that i like at first but it helped me diced what i wanted to do in life, but at the same time i got to try out something new and get more experience.

Pros

love helping the kids

Cons

was not the right place for me

Extremely productive

I enjoyed experiencing how it is like to work with children and how to be a confident strong role model to them it helped me develop new skills such as being part of their team and being productive with them.
  • Happy Days Nursery