Harbour Healthcare

Harbour Healthcare Employee Reviews

Working with lovely staff and residents. We did a lot of fun activities with the residents aswell as personal care. Some residents displayed challenging behaviour but overall it is a very satisfying job.
I have worked at Gotton manor for 6 months. I can honestly say that I have felt nothing but welcome from the existing team. Everyone works well together and are all there to make sure that the residents are receiving the best person centred care.The whole team muck in together to ensure the residents are comfortable and living their best lives possible. The home is beautiful and our residents and staff all enjoy the gorgeous views of the quantock hills.
Pros
Free lunch, free parking, fantastic family run business.
Cons
Does not deliver any of the promised perk's on the job advertisement.truly not caring as promised and definitely no job security,if you work here I'd suggest don't break your back! it really doesn't end well,sadly going the extra mile here will do nothing for your future, you will not be rewarded or remembered.also you have to pay for your lunch on a 12 hour shift.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Can't trust anyone
10/10 management! As I’ve only been under the employment of the new management team I have to honestly say that they are supportive and approachable, it’s all hands on deck as both management and staff are all about trying to make it the best environment possible, not only to work, but for for the residents too! There’s excellent communication throughout the team, it feels like a family. As a young worker I have been embraced and supported by all levels of the team. I am new to a care environment and it’s so nice to see how well the residents are cared for.
Pros
Flexible hours, Happy work place
Cons
None I can think of
Really happy with the new managment and company. Residents finally being put first and support is always around. Never seem to be short of buying things people need. Looking forward to the future.
Pros
Go9d manager, good company
Cons
Work at Treetops Court, lots of changes have happened, new management are friendly and supportive. Treetops is a nice home and residents are lovely.Home has a happy feel and all departments are friendly and all work hard. There is no longer clicks of staff and everyone there now work as a great team supporting the residents. The new training is good and we have learnt so much from the new nurses.
Pros
Happy work environment
Cons
Non
Having recently started working for Treetops Court Care Home in Leek I can honestly say I have been made to feel welcome. I was interviewed by the new manager and deputy who made me feel at ease from thr start. The management team have an open door policy and other staff have told me they are happy to approach them with any concerns unlike the previous managers. So far so good.
Pros
Happy work place
Cons
None so far
I started just as a new management team came in. In the four months I was there, not once did I meet them. Staff were leaving at an alarming rate, and I thought this was probably unfair, as the new manager deserved a chance. However, it became apparent why. There was bullying which fell on deaf ears. I was told by two residents of food menu changes which equated to not only poorer quality, but also less food! However, the main complaint from me was the large number of residents to staff ratio (27 - 2!) After voicing my concerns over the ethics and morality of this it was clear it wasn’t about to change anytime soon. It’s always the residents who suffer. I saw this at first hand. I had to leave...
Pros
Not much of one, but at least a clean uniform!
Cons
Questionable ethics.
Treetops Court in Leek is a terrible place to work, most of the staff are lovely however some staff are bullies. Some staff walk around thinking they are management, criticising other people's would and doing very little work themselves. The home should have a revolving door fitted because so many staff leave, some only having worked one shift
Pros
The residents and some staff
Cons
The bullying culture
People centred and passionate about their employees. Always striving to improve as an employer and a business - would highly recommend. An Open and approachable culture with a fantastic leadership team who lead from the front in a Hands on manner
Pros
Open and approachable culture
Cons
Been working for Harbour Healthcare for many years and yes you see the change over of staff, like everywhere yet the best still stand. New staff with a fresh eye are appreciated and new ideas taken on board. Manager returned from maternity to Help with Covid & new Deputy is amazing, working all hours to make ends meet through this pandemic crisis. Regular staff are usually flexible to pick up shifts with £2ph overtime rate, residents are just fantastic and are treated as though they are family. Homely & relaxed with excellent team members 👍
One member of staff was an absolute angel; always very caring and sincere. Most staff are simply lazy, and will leave buzzers going whilst they play on their phones at the dining room table. A few members of staff are disgusting human beings; they bully and abuse other members of staff, and their behaviour has directly and negatively impacted the residents. I have seen staff talking to residents like they are dirt. The management are inept, and are unable to do anything about the problems at the home. They displayed poor decision making skills, and shouldn't be playing manager when the wellbeing of the residents is at stake. If you have no other options whatsoever and you need a job fast, then i wish you luck with your time here. Otherwise get a job somewhere else.
Love this home, been made to feel very welcome by manager and staff, I have started at a difficult time, I did get frightened like everyone else, With the dreaded covid-19, the managers door was open, an listened to me, made me feel listened to, and understood and supported , with the way I was feeling. All staff look out for each other at this home, lovely atmosphere,
Pros
Working with caring staff
Cons
Haven’t found any as yet..
At such a difficult time of this virus, the staff are working hard and morale has been kept high. The residents are cared for like family when they are unable to see their own families. Their is a family atmosphere within the team and the management team who are always on hand to support the team and the home.
Pros
Fab care, happy residents, happy relatives
Considering the current covid-19 pandemic, the staff are working 110% supporting not only the residents and relatives but the teams itself. Staff morale is high and there appears a good family unit amongst the teams. The management are very supportive with an open door policy day and night.
Pros
Job satisfaction, team work
Cons
In the main a good job but manager very criticising and does not allow you to carry out your work to your best abilities and not a great one for teamwork
I have found Harbour healthcare a very supportive and professional company to work for I have felt valued management set the standards showing compassion and setting high standards.
Most staff were friendly, however, a few were clear if they had an issue with you, making it difficult to work properly. Quality of care provided by care staff was excellent and ancillary staff all happy to help and support.
Management are not up to standard, their is a negative atmosphere and too much responsibility placed on care staff with a poor wage. Would not recommend a friend to work for them.
The home has always had its issues but it used to be doable as all of the staff and management would come together as a team and work together to solve any issues. However that is not the case now. Most problems just get swept under the rug unless you are one of managements favourites. There is always the blame game going on. Managements take on their employees mental health is appalling. They say that they want to help anyway they can when really they do not care. Brilliant clients though 🧡
Love the home and the enviroment. Staff are friendly, considerate and show 100% compassion and empathy. The management have an open door policy and always available for support
  1. Employee reviews