Harris + Hoole

Harris + Hoole Employee Reviews for Shift Leader

I really loved the company and training in London is amazing but, I was promised that I would have my shift s worked around my children and never happened. I worked hard and never got anything from or for it I was new and filled in for people who wouldn’t have for me which is really disappointing. There is no flexibility for people who have a family’s or other work commitments.
Nice place to work and have a career. Helpful management Amazing coffee Friendly regulars Free food and drinks on shift New and clean environment Helpful team
Pros
free meal on shift
Cons
in tesco
Used to be fun to work here but now the company only seems focused on squeezing every drop out of its employees before they drop. Clever manipulating of salaries to make sure there was barely even and increase after the minimum wage went up. Harder to achieve your bonus which was the nicest benefit of working here and a strong motivator to do well. Managers hardly care about staff and are spread so thin they often forget important information, like the hours you can't work, and will then kick up a fuss when you can't do the hours you already said you couldn't do. There used to be a strong emphasis on the coffee as the brand is "a better coffee" well that's a lie and the coffee will often be coming out tasting disgusting while the manager happily serves it to poor customers too starved of choice to go somewhere else. The only focus is how much money can we make. Coffee equipment is rotated around stores and often breaks, days will pass before it gets fixed or taken care of, probably because there's 1 person fixing everything for the whole company, expect the repairs to happen during the rush period too. If you're lucky, you'll find a colleague you can bond with to make the whole ordeal bearable. Plenty of double standards to go around.
Pros
limitted free drinks
Cons
bad managers, bad company direction, lack of identity
Expected to work until your feet bleed, and deal with problems the manager should have dealt with. Had a joke of a half hour unpaid break every day and barely even got to do that. Manager and upper management were a joke, and don't care about the wellbeing of their employees.
Pros
free lunch and coffee
Cons
expected to work stupid hours with little payoff, left to own devices to learn on the job instead of being taught.