Harrods Ltd.
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews

It was awesome place to work, pay and staff benefits were great, goals achievable, we had enough freedom, training and great customers.. made lots of friends there too, I would even like to come back for right position...
Pros
Pay, people, culture, training
Cons
Long hours on your feet
- care about their people and treating them fairly- feels very motivational that you are part of the company- helps to grow and develop with trainings and coaching excersises - you can reach out to anyone in the business- genuine and friendly people to work with who are very approachable and eager to help to others- great athmosphere
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No set days or structured shift pattern
I worked at Harrods for just over a year. During that time I experienced stress like no other. Managers were cliquey and used to talk about their staff behind their backs. Stress was put on employees that was unnecessary, to reach unattainable goals set. Management would change their direction like the wind and employees were expected to go along with it, despite being told the complete opposite hours prior. Employees were spoken to like absolute garbage and I’ve never experienced disrespect from some managers like I have here. Yes, the name is nice to have on your CV, but in my experience, it really wasn’t worth the hassle given on a daily basis. I would think twice before working here if you really value your dignity and pride. Also be prepared to see colleagues pulled into meetings and never seen again, as they had people out the back door on a weekly basis.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
Management, cliques throughout head office and store, work life balance was non existent
Avoid Thatcham security, 60+ staff sacked or left in 7 yrs, same management, no support, if you have a family avoid this place, no future, you will be treated and spoken to like your a child, no future aspects as team leaders have been there 20+ yrs and seeing out retirement, staff stabbing each other in the back, no one is your friend, nothing will change, apart from that ok place.
Pros
Hometime
Cons
None whatsoever
Having worked at the company for 10 years in 2 roles I have seen the best and the worst of the company.Harrods is a great name to have on your CV and is face paced so your day goes very quick. Unfortunately the salary's offered are relatively poor compared to other companies and this affects the staff turnover and especially with managers coming in to get Harrods on their CV's and then leaving for better pay within a year.Working late hours can be very draining and the culture of being money orientated isn't for everyone (it made me want to leave in the end).The benefits are fairly good but not amazing
Pros
Great name on your CV, great people, your day will go quick
Cons
Unsociable hours, poor pay, has become a souless store
If your manager is good, then it will be your dream job. Sky is the limit. Every day is amazing.But good luck if your manager is like mine was.My management team changed halfway through my employment, and it was a nightmare. New managers operate as a tight clique with 'mean girls' attitude. And if you work really hard and hope that they will like you and appreciate you, you're wrong. They will actually feel threatened by you and will do everything that's in their power to get you out of there.Sales assistants entertain themselves with gossip on shop floor and if you don't want to participate in it you will feel like an outsider. Managers love to gossip too and I have seen multiple times managers and sales assistants gossiping about everyone.Also clear favouritism is exhausting. If you are managers favourite person you can slack as much as you like, have the worst KPIs and take 50min long tea breaks, break dress code and do impromptu shopping sprees in the middle of the day, everything will be forgiven for a piece of juicy gossip.
Pros
Staff discount, location, really fascinating customers, lovely staff area
Cons
Management is toxic, zero appreciation for your work
I would like to say about Harrods, that it is a very good company, you can work quietly and without stress, the people are very respectable, and the conditions in the place where you work are very good.
Pros
Everything was ok
Cons
But we worked a few days a week
Fantastic team to work with. Very professional. Informed and Knowledgeable. The management will help you wherever they can. Fantastic job security. Benefits. Amazing place to work they have the best security team in London
Pros
Pay, discounts, training development.
Cons
Good place to work when busy but - Agency ( Abacus) will change your shifts sometimes every hour Put you on for double time then cancel shiftVery unresponsive to emailsHarrods itself is a nice environment but So many supervisors for such a small team , who do absolutely nothing , and have no knowledge
Pros
Lots of parking, cheap canteen
Cons
Shifts change almost daily
Worst place ever coming from a diverse person this place gives you the creeps lol it has a reputation but behind closed doors is a world of teen exploitation. Nevermind the cost to ones moral standards you will find the vast range of crazy unethical questions asked if you work at this place.
Come dipendende di base non credo ci siano molti posti di lavoro migliori di questo, gia salendo un po la graduatoria aziendale ti rendi conto pero che i tuoi superiori non hanno la minima idea di cosa voglia dire raggiungere un obbiettivo vendita senza mandare tutto il reparto a rotoli
Overall my experience working for Chanel Ready to Wear in Harrods for a few month was very interesting.there is a lit of hierarchy at Chanel Boutique and not a lots of human understanding for working mothersIts was not happy working environment would say pretty toxic.thats why I had to leave on top of childcare issues
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Was an amazing experience, feeling motivated every day. Be part of the most famous brand in the world. Everyone is working as part of a unique concept, being on top on every single detail.
Pros
Worldwide famous Brand
Cons
Amazing place , very high standards of production and professional people, I raccomando this place for work if you are lucky to go in, amazing staff and food of course
Pros
Good cantina
Cons
Normal hours
Harrods is a lovely company to work for. There’s always an opportunity to advance yourself within the company. You get to meet and work with amazing people.
Estuve muy agusto, es una vida distinta. Con un mundo de lujo a tu alrededor.
Pros
Descuentos y dĂ­as del empleado
Cons
Muy intenso
La Mia esperienza ad Harrods, ha arricchito la Mia carriera da designer.
Pros
Tanto Lavoro quindi tanto da imparare
Cons
Si lavorava anche il sabato molto spesso
For as amazing as it was to work for Harrods, you’re just an ID number nothing else, as a Porter you don’t get the respect you deserve. People don’t realise how hard your actual job is.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Backroom not respected
Great place to learn and to get into the luxury fashion industry. There is a lot of great people here but the most important is to have a good relationship with your manager. If you are hardworking and you have a supportive manager, the sky is the limit here. HOWEVER, if you have a bad and toxic manager your days will be unbearable.
Pros
Staff discounts, some progression opportunities, lots of great people, multicultural place
Cons
Low salaries, few perks/benefits, slow progression for high achievers
My first ten years were eventful especially on the doors, however this was enjoyable especially when meeting VIP's. Progression was good. The hardest part was when my team was relocated outside of London. Manager's who I worked over the years were friendly and helpful. I learned a lot in my time with company and gained experience from all walks of life.
Pros
Workplace facilitates are good
I have worked for Harrods on two separate occasions, for their Christmas and New Year Sales. The first time was in 1990/1991, and the Second time was in 1992/1993. In both occasions it was a very enjoyable experience. On the second occasion I was presented with a bottle of Bollinger by Mr Al-Fayed the owner of Harrods, for my sales in the pantry area which was a great touch.
Pros
Work for Great Customer’s and Staff, free lunch, and good discounts
  1. Employee reviews