Harrods Ltd.

Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews

I would like to say about Harrods, that it is a very good company, you can work quietly and without stress, the people are very respectable, and the conditions in the place where you work are very good.
Pros
Everything was ok
Cons
But we worked a few days a week
Fantastic team to work with. Very professional. Informed and Knowledgeable. The management will help you wherever they can. Fantastic job security. Benefits. Amazing place to work they have the best security team in London
Pros
Pay, discounts, training development.
Cons
Good place to work when busy but - Agency ( Abacus) will change your shifts sometimes every hour Put you on for double time then cancel shiftVery unresponsive to emailsHarrods itself is a nice environment but So many supervisors for such a small team , who do absolutely nothing , and have no knowledge
Pros
Lots of parking, cheap canteen
Cons
Shifts change almost daily
Worst place ever coming from a diverse person this place gives you the creeps lol it has a reputation but behind closed doors is a world of teen exploitation. Nevermind the cost to ones moral standards you will find the vast range of crazy unethical questions asked if you work at this place.
Come dipendende di base non credo ci siano molti posti di lavoro migliori di questo, gia salendo un po la graduatoria aziendale ti rendi conto pero che i tuoi superiori non hanno la minima idea di cosa voglia dire raggiungere un obbiettivo vendita senza mandare tutto il reparto a rotoli
Overall my experience working for Chanel Ready to Wear in Harrods for a few month was very interesting.there is a lit of hierarchy at Chanel Boutique and not a lots of human understanding for working mothersIts was not happy working environment would say pretty toxic.thats why I had to leave on top of childcare issues
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Was an amazing experience, feeling motivated every day. Be part of the most famous brand in the world. Everyone is working as part of a unique concept, being on top on every single detail.
Pros
Worldwide famous Brand
Cons
Amazing place , very high standards of production and professional people, I raccomando this place for work if you are lucky to go in, amazing staff and food of course
Pros
Good cantina
Cons
Normal hours
Harrods is a lovely company to work for. There’s always an opportunity to advance yourself within the company. You get to meet and work with amazing people.
Estuve muy agusto, es una vida distinta. Con un mundo de lujo a tu alrededor.
Pros
Descuentos y dĂ­as del empleado
Cons
Muy intenso
La Mia esperienza ad Harrods, ha arricchito la Mia carriera da designer.
Pros
Tanto Lavoro quindi tanto da imparare
Cons
Si lavorava anche il sabato molto spesso
For as amazing as it was to work for Harrods, you’re just an ID number nothing else, as a Porter you don’t get the respect you deserve. People don’t realise how hard your actual job is.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Backroom not respected
Great place to learn and to get into the luxury fashion industry. There is a lot of great people here but the most important is to have a good relationship with your manager. If you are hardworking and you have a supportive manager, the sky is the limit here. HOWEVER, if you have a bad and toxic manager your days will be unbearable.
Pros
Staff discounts, some progression opportunities, lots of great people, multicultural place
Cons
Low salaries, few perks/benefits, slow progression for high achievers
My first ten years were eventful especially on the doors, however this was enjoyable especially when meeting VIP's. Progression was good. The hardest part was when my team was relocated outside of London. Manager's who I worked over the years were friendly and helpful. I learned a lot in my time with company and gained experience from all walks of life.
Pros
Workplace facilitates are good
I have worked for Harrods on two separate occasions, for their Christmas and New Year Sales. The first time was in 1990/1991, and the Second time was in 1992/1993. In both occasions it was a very enjoyable experience. On the second occasion I was presented with a bottle of Bollinger by Mr Al-Fayed the owner of Harrods, for my sales in the pantry area which was a great touch.
Pros
Work for Great Customer’s and Staff, free lunch, and good discounts
Cons
Great place to work good managers friendly staff lively and fun place.Worked in tax free as a christmas temp which they made me a permanent staff would definitely work there again if the opportunity arises. Cant really complain about anything great benefits when working in harrods because of the discount which they provide staff too
Employees are treated very well. The work was fair and I dealt with all kinds of different customers which made the job challenging and rewarding. Luxury Retail has given me the skills to progress and hopefully work at more retail stores in the future.
Probably one if the best employers I ever had. Amazing management and lovely job culture. Even you work in the warehouse, or at packing or you are the top manager....the environment is making you feel so good always.
Pros
Staff discount, lovely environment
Cons
Very late/ very early shifts
The easy part of the job is the excellence of Harrods makes it easier to attract customers regardless of your ability to interact with people. the hardest part is making the effort to show your 100% even when in a difficult situation, when customers ask you refund, and giving them 100% instead of 80% refund.
Pros
Christmas lunches
Cons
I was told I would have a particular job and duties by the agency (a good job), then on arrival I was made to clean bins the whole time! Nothing like that was EVER mentioned! I felt so played. Buy your own steel toe boots, the agency gives you the worst shoes to walk around in all day.
Harrods is a leader in the luxury industry with a motto of Everything is Possible. It strives to provide the highest level of client experience that one could possibly achieve in this business. Harrods is an innovative business and is constantly striving for excellence.
  1. Employee reviews