Harrods Ltd.
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom538 reviews

Good place to work.

I've been around a bit and this is one of the better places I've worked. Very supportive management and good advancement prospects if you're prepared to put in the legwork.

Pros

Reasonable hours and shift times

Productive and nice work place

Nice place for work! ProductiveCan grow Excellent Recommend Always busy and great teamwork, always support Sometimes can be very busy but it’s worth it

Insights into Harrods Ltd.

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Stressful and not what you think it is

I expected a standard in store customer serivce desk job, it was far from it. You’re barely at your desk, there is far more walking around to different deparments than anticipated. Harrods is a large store and it often left me exhausted. The team culture is very cliquey bar a few team members and one in particular had a major chip on their shoulder. No proper training either which made it hard to know what to do for the first few weeks. For such a large company who have all the resources to offer such things, they fall very short.

Environnement de travail

Environnement très bien dans l’ensemble. Bonne politique.

Slow-paced

Very clean warehouse. Supportive management if your in the right department. Work balance is OK, with shifts alternating between early and late shifts. Slow paced when outside first week of sale and Christmas.

Inexperienced Management

Management are extremely inexperienced, have no understanding of basic employment law or colleague's basic rights, which creates a very poor and stressful working environment.

Lovely colleagues

Colleagues are lovely but floor managers are strict. Some of their requirements are not even mentioned in staff handbook. I love my brand manager who is always kind to me. Most of my customers were good and easy going.

Pros

lovely colleagues

Cons

phones are not allowed

It's a good company

My time was good at Harrods IT and I was able to learn so many new things. Once you learn the backend systems and understand the flow, then it becomes easier to understand the new changes

Clean and organized warehouse, good food and dining facilities, good people to work with, good pay. Supportive team leaders, relaxed but fast paced environment, good work culture.

Excellent place to work

I was working in Harrods for over 2 years, great place to study and learn. Harrods hold very strong culture for all the staffs, they believe everything is possible, so they demand staffs to offer the best service to their clients and fix all the problems for their guests.

good place to work but not much progression

really enjoy my time there. relax and friendly atmosphere at work, good work-life balance and slightly above average perks compare with other retailers. It's a shame that the senior management team doesn't really appreciate our work and they are not willing to invest/ train the staff to progress further up.

Pros

ok discount when it's on sale, friendly staff

Cons

canteen is not great and a bit pricy, minimum to none progression in merch department

Great place

Lovely team, great management, fun place to Work. Hours set but work well early shifts or late shifts 7-3 or 3-11. Alternating so is fair. Was working as part of agency but would happily return

Relatively easy job but poor company culture and little progression.

It's a good temporary job (any position to be fair) and once hired, it's difficult to lose the job. It's very little rewarding and management believes salary is enough of a reward, so company culture is just poor. Unsocial hours affecting work-life balance.

Poor management. Only for the "Beautiful" people.No structure..blame culture.

Dog eat Dog world.Avoid!!!!All I learnt was that the management only cared for themselves and had no interest in the welfare of their team.The place is run by kids

very good

really good place to work, fun atmosphere great break good team, amazing benefits. really makes you grow on a personal level and in your career. really good pay

Definitely not a good place for career development

Nice office facilities and job introduction training...In contrast: Low salaries. There isn’t opportunity to grow within the team or be promoted. No investment on learning and teaching leadership and management. Not sure about Harrods store but if your are going to work in the back office you will be disappointed.

Pros

Some free snacks 2 times a week. Nice people in CS team.

Cons

Some managers are toxic, high employee turnover, no perks if you are temp

Slow paced not busy at all

Due to covid the shops are bare and customers minimal, so if its not busy, management are frustrated. People are bored no changes sometimes can cause frustration.

Pros

Good discount and trainings

Cons

Long hours, managers choose shifts whenever

Amazing company and great place to work

Company values are represented everywhere, lot of independence and listening to ideas on managerial level. Lot of opportunities for development, great atmosphere.

Pros

Amazing motivated people around, feeling of belonging, lot of opportunities for development and training, company is open for ideas and listen to their people

Cons

Long approval chain is slowing down processes

Fast paced workplace

The environment is fast paced since harrods is such a popular place. Rich area so lots of annoying stuck up customers. If it werent for them then working in harrods is nice.

Pros

Good pay and area

Cons

The customers

A great place to work, if you actually want to work...

The cleanest warehouse in the area. Shift work, but in this day and age this is unavoidable.The work is varied but not to hard, at times with any retail it is fast paced and busy, however these are not sustained periods and make the days go quickly.My only negative would be the differing expectations working in different areas. In some departments standards seems higher.

Pros

Subsidised canteen

Cons

not many benefits in comparison to the main store in London.

Promotions within store and more implementation on how to keep sales staff happy without considering head office staff.

You are overworked and they don’t seem to value your efforts. You are better off working in store than inside Head office as there’s more incentives.

Pros

50% off food so you can save on your lunch money.

Cons

Low pay Inconsistent Flooded workload High employee turn over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrods Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement