Harrods Ltd.

Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews

Insights into Harrods Ltd.

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

I would work there again it was fun and you meet allot of people who are cool, its like any other job, just do what your told its not too hard and you get discount

Long hours. No clear career progression. Management is clueless, incompetent, and overall terrible. Overpriced canteen with ok quality. High staff turnover as it's not a sustainable environment.

Avoid Harrods THATCHAM

I can't understand how the big bosses don't know and have no idea what's going on in Thatcham. Every day the agencies bring staff who do not come to work after a few days.Shifts can be: 7am-3pm, 10am-6pm, 12pm-8pm, 3pm-11pm and fixet night shifts. Day shifts are always change, you will never work with one program. Salary as a picker packer after all that stressful day with zero suport from the blue vest (the royalty of this warehouse, team leaders, asistent managers, and manager)you as a yellow (minions) now is around £1380-1400month net. As a forklift driver ( rich truck, vna, M-lop, use of software, picked, packer, cleaning, dispatch, put away, move pallets location and more and more you will get now around £1510 maximum net. I can't imagine how good feedback can be when everyone inside complains :)) really, please come and see.!!!The blue vests in this place feel as if everyone is at their feet, but only here ! For the most part these people outside the workplace are the weird ones who don't have many friends, but in warehouse are king's and they make you feel unhappy, and stupid.They protect each other very well even when they take their products out (biggest thieves of the warehouse, yes they stolen a lot ).If an unexpected check comes from London, the security guards will announce immediately and inside it will be impeccable.The blue vests will only be licking the bottoms, and you with the yellow vest will be for them only the minions!

Corporate environment

Very educational internship program, they want you to learn as much as possible. Lots of rules because of the corporate environment. Not too many opportunities to advance

Diverse and fun environment

Possibility to change departments, apportunity to learn new skills, each day is unpredictable, being able to choose shifts that best suited to lifestyle, incentives available to win

Pros

Staff discount, training and development

Cons

Long hours especially during sale time

Worst Job I have had

Management is poor, the work environment is depressing, every day is the same. There is little support and no work culture. Do not work here unless you are desperate

Pros

discount

Cons

long shifts

Muito stress

Existe uma certa diferença entre seres mulher ou homem na empresa. Eles têm mais regalias e são mais favorecidos a meu ver. Não precisas de ser um bom trabalhador. Tens que ser um bom graxista

Pros

Descontos

Cons

Muito stress e levar com certas atitudes de clientes especialmente os arabes

Work here for 5 years STAY AWAY !!!!!

Working in harrods opened many doors at first in my first 2 years working their management were great everything was good but ever since this CURRENT MANAGEMENT has come in it has all gone downhill with people kiss you know what! to get promotions or befriending managers to get to we’re they want to be!!! If you don’t believe me apply for this job and do me a favour and ask how many people have left voluntarily after the pandemic and how many chefs were made redundant???? Or maybe for the last 4 years how many Executive head chefs has their been? (1 for each year) just put it this way as a chef you should be entitled to a free meal where in harrods if you take a bite your fired and there is no such things as a free meal but instead they give you a card to top up and spend money for a meal which is over priced!!!harrods hospitality is a sinking ship where 90% of the chefs have either been made redundant or have jumped ship so be careful.

Pros

Staff discount, location

Cons

If only I could write more

Fun place

Worked as a Christmas temp, it was a fantastic place to learn a lot of aspects about luxury retail operations which comes with a great amount of responsibility.

Pros

Nice team

Cons

pay

Excellente expérience

Les journées de travail étaient très agréables, je conseillais et j’accompagnais la clientèle multiculturelle dans leurs achats. L’évolution était en fonction de la motivation et des performances des ventes.La direction était très à l’écoute du personnel et nous donnait beaucoup de formation pour l’évolution de notre carrière au sein de l’entreprise.Lieu de travail très cosmopolite aussi bien au niveau du personnel qu’au niveau de la clientèle.L’aspect le plus agréable dans le poste que j’occupais chez Harrods était le contact clientèle et parfois de servir et côtoyer des « célébrités », mais surtout de savoir que le client repartait satisfait du service rendu.Malgré les journées très intenses dans la vente je ne me souviens pas d’avoir eu d’aspect négatif.C’était une excellente expérience et opportunité de travailler pour cette compagnie.

Pros

Formations régulières

Cons

Repas payants

Experience depends on which department you work in

I learned about a lot of luxury products while working in Harrods. I enjoyed the environment and I enjoyed my role. My manger was quite rude to me but the rest of the mangers within other departments were lovely. The salary is very good and you get double pay during the holiday period on special days such as Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.

Pros

Good wage

Worst management I ever worked

Only one word: MaffiaThe office in pastry, and bakery is awful.They don’t want anyone to stay there to long… they will find a way to chess you out.The management is uneducated but the new people all the time make the kitchen going.

Cons

Don’t respect your private life

Nice colleagues, generally respectful management. Training non existent. All training was learning on the job as you go. Food in the canteen was excellent and well subsidised.

Pros

Benefits and job satisfaction

Cons

Early starts and lack of formal training

I had awesome time there

It was awesome place to work, pay and staff benefits were great, goals achievable, we had enough freedom, training and great customers.. made lots of friends there too, I would even like to come back for right position...

Pros

Pay, people, culture, training

Cons

Long hours on your feet

- care about their people and treating them fairly- feels very motivational that you are part of the company- helps to grow and develop with trainings and coaching excersises - you can reach out to anyone in the business- genuine and friendly people to work with who are very approachable and eager to help to others- great athmosphere

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

No set days or structured shift pattern

Stressful and cliquey

I worked at Harrods for just over a year. During that time I experienced stress like no other. Managers were cliquey and used to talk about their staff behind their backs. Stress was put on employees that was unnecessary, to reach unattainable goals set. Management would change their direction like the wind and employees were expected to go along with it, despite being told the complete opposite hours prior. Employees were spoken to like absolute garbage and I’ve never experienced disrespect from some managers like I have here. Yes, the name is nice to have on your CV, but in my experience, it really wasn’t worth the hassle given on a daily basis. I would think twice before working here if you really value your dignity and pride. Also be prepared to see colleagues pulled into meetings and never seen again, as they had people out the back door on a weekly basis.

Pros

Salary was good

Cons

Management, cliques throughout head office and store, work life balance was non existent

Avoid at all cost

Avoid Thatcham security, 60+ staff sacked or left in 7 yrs, same management, no support, if you have a family avoid this place, no future, you will be treated and spoken to like your a child, no future aspects as team leaders have been there 20+ yrs and seeing out retirement, staff stabbing each other in the back, no one is your friend, nothing will change, apart from that ok place.

Pros

Hometime

Cons

None whatsoever

Fast paced, unsociable hours, poor pay

Having worked at the company for 10 years in 2 roles I have seen the best and the worst of the company.Harrods is a great name to have on your CV and is face paced so your day goes very quick. Unfortunately the salary's offered are relatively poor compared to other companies and this affects the staff turnover and especially with managers coming in to get Harrods on their CV's and then leaving for better pay within a year.Working late hours can be very draining and the culture of being money orientated isn't for everyone (it made me want to leave in the end).The benefits are fairly good but not amazing

Pros

Great name on your CV, great people, your day will go quick

Cons

Unsociable hours, poor pay, has become a souless store

Beware of the managers

If your manager is good, then it will be your dream job. Sky is the limit. Every day is amazing.But good luck if your manager is like mine was.My management team changed halfway through my employment, and it was a nightmare. New managers operate as a tight clique with 'mean girls' attitude. And if you work really hard and hope that they will like you and appreciate you, you're wrong. They will actually feel threatened by you and will do everything that's in their power to get you out of there.Sales assistants entertain themselves with gossip on shop floor and if you don't want to participate in it you will feel like an outsider. Managers love to gossip too and I have seen multiple times managers and sales assistants gossiping about everyone.Also clear favouritism is exhausting. If you are managers favourite person you can slack as much as you like, have the worst KPIs and take 50min long tea breaks, break dress code and do impromptu shopping sprees in the middle of the day, everything will be forgiven for a piece of juicy gossip.

Pros

Staff discount, location, really fascinating customers, lovely staff area

Cons

Management is toxic, zero appreciation for your work

Colaborative and likely

I would like to say about Harrods, that it is a very good company, you can work quietly and without stress, the people are very respectable, and the conditions in the place where you work are very good.

Pros

Everything was ok

Cons

But we worked a few days a week

Amazing place to work.

Fantastic team to work with. Very professional. Informed and Knowledgeable. The management will help you wherever they can. Fantastic job security. Benefits. Amazing place to work they have the best security team in London

Pros

Pay, discounts, training development.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrods Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement