Harrods Ltd. logo
Happiness score is 63 out of 100Average

Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews for Porter

Work-life balance

Decent place

For as amazing as it was to work for Harrods, you’re just an ID number nothing else, as a Porter you don’t get the respect you deserve. People don’t realise how hard your actual job is.

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

Backroom not respected

Fantastic place to work

Simply magical, beautiful and thrilling. No two days were the same, you are driven to be the best and go above and beyond. It could be somewhat stressful at times and the workload takes a while to come to terms with but once you do then you can feel amazing.

Very productive and high maintenance workplace

From working at Harrods, I learned the importance of organisation and time management. Communicating with my team to solve problems on a day to day basis was one of the most important responsibilities in Harrods.

good experience

stock handling and delivery for Harrods involved attention to detail and aslo proving great customer service it was fun and enhancing experience whilst being at Harrods

Pros

staff discounts

Cons

pay

Fun workplace

Harrods is a fun but sometimes challenging workplace. I find that back of house work is a lot more fun than the work on the shop floor as it is a lot more laid back.

Pros

staff discount

Cons

unsociable hours

Good working environment

Working predominantly during sale periods, work was hectic and fast-paced but I enjoyed the challenge. The workplace culture was very good as employees were friendly and always on hand to provide help.

Pros

Workplace culture

Chelsea Harbour Marina

A job which I enjoy returning to work everyday with the Thames and the Marina on either sides. My Job benefits from discounts at the store in Knightsbridge. I have a manager who is easy going and helps us all the time. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. Other than that its the best rota and coolest job you can find in London. The enjoy coming to work looking at the Thames and the London rush.

Pros

Free Tea & Coffee

Cons

Long Hours which is a day to day to day habit now.

Harrods is a great enviornment to work and grow as an individual .

On a daily basis I deal with furniture here at Harrods as a porter. That could be building furniture or it could be packing furniture and getting large orders ready. when not doing that we could be doing audits of stock or working on sap , producing labels to send stock out of the business.

Pros

good benefits.

Cons

day/ night shifts

I have made good friends in Harrods is one of the best places anyone would like to work, though the salary is poor but the employees are well treated

I have acquired a great knowledge from my present employment, the role of my work has enabled boast my communication skills and confidence, I have good interactions with customers and colleagues, and a fantastic understanding of the work. I am a person that likes to ask a question on things which I don’t understand properly it helps me to learn faster. An exceptional team player, in my university days I worked with a team of four helping each other where necessary, and in my place of work I like helping others when needed, learn from them and acquire new knowledge. My line managers are very helpful and they have assisted me in many areas of the work, granting me enough time for my studies and sending me for learning and development training's, such as the SAP processes, Report, Data system, and many more. These training's has helped me in doing my job more effectively. In most of my appraisals I have exceeded above expectations, however, I need to put emphasis on assuming more responsibilities. Furthermore, I have achieved great understanding in time management. It helped me to achieve good results during my studies, doing full time job, full time studies, and other responsibilities. I have the ability to learn new skills every day.

very chilled, good place to earn part time cash

come into work, chill in stock room, look busy for managers then go home. management were pretty clueless but they were very nice. most co workers were nice but do gossip alot

Pros

not much workload

Cons

not much work progression

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Harrods Ltd.?

very remarkable experience

I worked as a temp porter during Christmas season 2006, and it was as hard as funny but rewarding as well. Besides thank to that experience I could learn so much job wise thus dealing in the proper manner in the jobs I had afterward that and respecting on towards the British Job's Culture.

Pros

h

department duties

I worked as a porter for the crystal &class department packing unpacking deliverys serving vip cliental on the shop floor dealing with pricing stock. stock control and general warehouse duties

Fun to work very friendly

My temp position at Harrods Ltd during the summer sale was absolutely outstanding, learned how to maintain and keep the brand image consistent, customer service, selling. the staff are really friendly and welcoming.

Harrods

Hard days at work, retail store.. gets very busy and have to be on your toes all day long.

pleasent workplace

everyday was a a new challenge and enjoyed for working for management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrods Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement