Harrods Ltd.

Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

I have worked for Harrods on two separate occasions, for their Christmas and New Year Sales. The first time was in 1990/1991, and the Second time was in 1992/1993. In both occasions it was a very enjoyable experience. On the second occasion I was presented with a bottle of Bollinger by Mr Al-Fayed the owner of Harrods, for my sales in the pantry area which was a great touch.
Pros
Work for Great Customer’s and Staff, free lunch, and good discounts
Cons
The easy part of the job is the excellence of Harrods makes it easier to attract customers regardless of your ability to interact with people. the hardest part is making the effort to show your 100% even when in a difficult situation, when customers ask you refund, and giving them 100% instead of 80% refund.
Pros
Christmas lunches
Cons
Personally I had a good time with staff and customers but some of the managers were REALLY RUDE to my colleagues and they were forced to resign (i was working with an agency)
Pros
some nice managers, good pay
Cons
some rude managers
I learnt new things daily as I was placed all over harrods in different sectors. I had to cooperate with many different people and being able to learn how to adapt to different environments constantly which was good.
Amazing work environment, manners, value and ethic. Very proud to be given the opportunity. Excellent communication established and induction preparation.
I have no real complaints. I work a zero hour contract so its good for what I need. But the environment can be intense at times, but I imagine any job can get like this.
i have learned many things in this job, like Interpersonal Skills,problem-Solving Skills,Commercial Awareness,Maturity,Teamwork,Practical Skills and Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem.
I enjoyed my time in harrods, the management were very good at making sure the shop was run well.Came with good employee benefits. Gained good experience.
It is a nice fun environment to work in. Lots of friendly people to work with and the managers are lovely on a proffessional level. Very easy to navigate once you know the store. Always new things to look at events going on.
Typical days included having to clean displays, stock checks in the department along with inputting sales figures from before. I learned the intricacies of a retail environment and exactly what constitutes for great customer service. My personal manager was very hardworking in addition to being able to bring the best out of myself and the rest of the team. However, they shared the belief that upper management wasn't up to scratch and weren't positive influences in the workplace
Pros
Generous store discount
Jobs at Harrods Ltd.
Sales Assistant positions
See more jobs
My Experience with the application process was fun and challenging however through training they rush you into it and expect you to understand everything there is to the company. I worked within the Gift shop and was paired with one amazing manager and then the dreaded team leaders. The temporary staff sought guidance from the senior members of staff two female (team leaders) however they where too busy procrastinating elsewhere. I was told by the manger that i would be advancing and will secure a position within the company which motivated me to encourage and develop the temporary staff as i realised some of them where confused with the job that they where doing and where looking for guidance. Unfortunately i was dismissed on the basis of ''not meet staff requirements'' which i found most confusing as i was the only employee to receive tips from customers in addition to customer reviews.
Pros
discount 30%
Cons
only staff can use the 30%
I was once proud to say I was working at Harrods but after a year, and seeing the behind the scenes it’s not the glamorous place people think it is. Management are inexperienced, mean and unprofessional. I’ve had colleagues threatened and bullied and it goes unnoticed and undisciplined. Salary is ok but for what we have to put up with, on top inconsistent work hours it just isn’t worth it. It’s a shame the managers don’t live up to the Harrods standards
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Management, schedules
Enjoyed working in Harrods, if you work hard you can get very good money, has loans of opportunities, amazing place to work for if you love working in retail
Didn't enjoy working there. As worked through an agency didn't know anyone and put on the least exciting jobs. Also not told in depth what to do and very rarely made to feel welcome.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
High paced working enviroment. Always something that needs to be done. Hardest thing was to keep up with customer complaints. Management were very demanding , always required me to maintain good posture and my charming looks even though i was exhausted I had to smile profusely. The main thing i learnt from my time here was self confidence and how assert my vocabulary to entice women customers.
Pros
Good looking women
Cons
Cant buy anything even with discount due to extortionate prices
Prada is a very friendly company for sales however the products are not very popular in the fashion market, the sales have to do some many extra works. Comparing the salary and commition, Prada provides really good percentage and basic salary, so its a good and amazing place for sales.
The job is great but the managers are always walking around in groups looking and observing everyone. It's uncomfortable and just unprofessional. They like to flaunt their positions in the company.
A typical day at wok depends on your department. I worked in confectionary and it was probably one of the busiest departments - everyone buys chocolates! Honestly, in this department you can't sit down. You are always on your feet because its a fast paced environment. Make sure you don't wear heels in this department girls. The department is always busy so most of the time you're serving customers. In this department, its like working in Tesco or any other retail place where customers are always in and out, so nothing big there. The people there are really nice, nearly everyone worked with was nice to me - no matter what their age, as there is a variety of different aged people in this department. The management is okay, some of the managers can be a bit bossy but most are okay. I worked as a temp, so you have to fill out a time sheet everyday/week. The staff canteen is on the 6th floor, so if you're unfit, you WILL get tired. I was always out of breath. The good thing about this is that I actually lost weight, so I'm not complaining. The company is very understanding about religions - they have a big prayer room in the staff area and a wudhu area, its also segregated! and a lot of people actually come and pray there. The canteen was big, had alrught food and a subway, but some of the other hot food is quite pricy although it says subsidised. overall, it was a nice environment, the main issue is staff parcels - where you keep your bags and coats. the queue is very long and is not nice waiting at the end or beginning f your shft dor like 15 mins. I suggest you keep - more...
Managers and colleagues were all very professional. Great attention is focused on attire, punctuality and professionalism. It has the best quality products for the big spenders so commission can be made if in the right department
I’m very happy to work at such a store like Harrods. It’s amazing experience and lovely customers. Even if I leave one day the store I’ll be missing it a lot
the day has to be interactive fun and enjoyable and the job role has to include working and getting along well with people, it has to be informative and easy to understand in all aspects