Harrods Ltd.

Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

A good place to work. sometimes you might be invisible for your managers but, the team is great, friendly and helpful. You can learn as much as you want, although no all departments have a career you develop in.
Felt very uncomfortable working here at one point and when I had tried to make it a point of how it had made me feel I was the one that ended up being made to feel like I made the problem.
Great Job, great company, great people. Time was essential and everybody put an effort to make sure everything is going smooth, without errors or missing stuff.
menagers sucks, team leaders are pets of managers. discounts worth nothing, products in harrods overpriced at list 200% , and you getting 33% JOKE.😂😂😂
It's a good warehouse experience, staff are treated well,full training, help from the team,cantine,point of wiew about the life balance,at work and the time off.
not easier to get lunch etc . As many lives, generations, cultures and stories pass through our doors, our mission remains unchanged: to service the needs and aspirations of our customers, to create new stories and bring moments of delight. Our people are our strength - their unique personalities and their desire to exceed expectations are what enables us to make the impossible possible for our customers. Our customers are at the heart of our success. They’re the reason we exist, and we never forget it. And we’re always looking for new exceptional people who want to connect to them, to delight them and to become part of our story.
Management are bad, out of date and touch with the job at hand and what it takes to complete it. Work life balance is very bad you are expected to work a rotating shift pattern 7-3 1500-2300 which includes Saturdays and sundays. The pay isn’t the worst but a company of this stature should be paying more. By far the worst department is gmp where you just tag and bag clothes all day.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Rotating shifts bad management
Not many locals working there due to the already poor reputation. Quite a quick turnover of staff in certain departments. The managers promote their ''favourites'', even if there are more capable, productive and experienced candidates. Then HR cover for them, when you ask for feedback. The shifts and weekend working isn't compensated by the relatively average pay.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Many area to work from front to back of house. Selling fridge magnets to selling a million pounds worth of jewelry. An exciting and fun place to work with rewards for hard work.
Pros
Big brand name
Cons
Pay
If you are late for work 1 minut, you have to stay 15 minutes longer. Learned it depends on what kind of team leader you have on your shift. One will send you to another department to learn something new, and another will be send you to the same every day. Work sometimes it is hard it all depends on the department. Managers are often not very nice. There is often a problem with payslip. You need to write down your overtime and later check it out because very often they are badly counted hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is often when i finish work i can go home or when I got one big job with no problems.
Pros
non
Cons
bad working hours, manager approach to the employee
it was great working there as i was not under any pressure even though i was a new recruit and was working in Christmas. It was very busy environment as we had to pick thousands of customer orders in the morning. The warehouse was very neat and tidy at all times. Everyone was nice there and we had all sorts of people with different background working there and they were all very pleasant to work with. the best part of the job was everyone goes on break at the same time so you never get bored.
Pros
33% discount
Well, a typical work day in the warehouse is doing pickings in the early shift and put away articles into locations. Learned a lot about the description above.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Not well paid
Very clean and busy warehouse which runs like a clock , good breaks and kitchen facilities . Very strict and lots of work so time flies by fairly quickly
Very good,exellent place to work. I have learned a lot of new things and have gained a lot of new skills. It is very intersting place to work in and also fun.
a lot of diversity in this workplace. harrods will also give you the chance to move around different departments if you are interested. you may have to work long hours.
Pros
diversity
Cons
It was an amazing experience to work for Harrods! I worked in Harrods direct, Department of export . Absolutely enjoyed it! I love meeting new people this taught me a lot of skills i was lacking on. I learnt so much here especially working in very busy environment. Mangers were so helpful and always ask if we need any assistance . Enjoyed free Lunchs ,gifts and the tram work .
Pros
Gifts and free lunches
Cons
its higly organized luxury just beautifull gives feeling to work hard and bring results the system is so easy and well organized the canteen is a great place the enviroment professionals i had a great time working at harrods
Pros
perfect
Cons
Excellent performance consistency, both in qualitative as well as quantitative sense
very hard work doing fast track area keeping move to store make customer happy to buying store always busy sale and xmas...
I have learned alot in my time at working at Harrods, and still and plenty more to learn. I enjoy the people who I work with. Management are firm but are easy to get along with on the department I work on, I'm not sure about other departments.
learned to work in a multiculture teamFriendly management
Pros
internal opportunities