Harrow Council logo
Harrow Council

Harrow Council Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

A good place to work and culture even under challenging conditions

Harrow is a diverse and friendly environment in which to work with management generally very supportive. There is an innovative culture and one where they learn from mistakes but instead of stifling innovation encourage people to be brave without fear of not always succeeding. I enjoyed going to work and felt that as a smaller borough you can make a difference.

Pros

Cons

Financial Challenges faced by the Council

it is good place to work like every where jave its ups and downs

Secure place to work do your job and keep your head down . When I started in 2003 it was the best job but changes of our manager things went down hill. Don't know about now.

Ground maintenance

Working at school, nurserys, parks and libraries. Jobs include were: grass cutting, hedge cutting, and just the up keep and maintenance of the grounds, to a high standard.

Rubbish

Horrible staff horrible environment and racists. Would never recommend anyone working unless you want to humiliated cheat people and lie make their lives intentionally difficult

A good choice

I made a good choice working with the council but it's time to move on. My day would start taking phone calls, investigating queries and solving them.

productive place

lovely place and excellent job opportunity. I learned how to manage and understand people. The most enjoyable part of the job is the contact with other people.

Stay clear if possible

Caretakers within the council are treated as the lowest of the low in the council. No respect at all, no support from management, clearly understaffed but management turn a blind eye to it and a immense turn over of staff. No Not Work Here

Very diverse

The Harrow council is a very diverse organisation by nature as it caters for the residents in the borough. At my short time there I found that workers are dedicated to their job and are very client orientated.

Pros

Friendly environment

Decent

I worked for harrow council from February 2017 to march 2018 and found them to be an ok person to work for, salary could have been better but other than that was ok,.

Management Harrow Council

The managers and supervisors were always there 1st. The supervisors all had done the job themselves before, so they knew what they were talking about and how we could do the job better. They were efficient, reasonable and honest. They treated everybody strict and fair, regardless the colour of their skin or back ground.

Pros

Independence

Jobs at Harrow Council

See more jobs

Enlightening and exhausting

I had many friends at Harrow Council . I enjoyed trying to help the customers but since the pay freeze and government cuts the job and the upper management became interested only in statistics and their own jobs and not their staff or the customers .

Pros

Cons

The upper management

street cleaner

my supervisor was a very horrible person and never gave a dam about the staff he controlled and gave special treatment to the staff he liked and was unfair to the rest of the staff

Pros

early finish

Cons

horrible supervisor

xcite team

worked for the xcite team for a few years and it isn't a team at all. no one wants you to progress and the manager does not have a clue . I wouldn't recommend it

Pros

good location

Cons

manager, team leader, progression, working as part of a team

Productive workplace

Productive workplace affording lots of opportunity for career progression - colleagues an ideal mix of professional and friendly. Consideration of work/life balance...

productive place to work

good place to work, good work life balance. fun place to work. good progression opportunities good communication within team, hardest part would be the niche roles that we have to work on as they are not always easy to fill.

Amazing place to work

Harrow Council is a very busy but friendly place to work. Everyone was very supportive and more then happy to work together to get the job done. I would definitely recommend this place.

harrow council was a good place to work only because the other lads on the ground worked as a team management made life very hard and unfair if you b

harrow council was a good place to work only because the other lads on the ground all worked as a team management made life very hard and unfair if you butt kissed life was easier .

Pros

great bunch of lads

Cons

management were corrupt and all liars

A good place to work

Overseeing a variety of different projects to help Harrow Council achieve saving targets. The role is based within the Digital Services Team and aims at delivering more affordable channels for customers to use Council Services.

N/a

I was here on a voluntary basis during my time studying at University College London. It was a positive experience and I learned a significant amount.

Comfortable but no progression

Pros They are flexible with work life balance. Friendly environment. Cons Not the most highest paid company to work for. Extremely repetitive. Goals are not properly established.

Great Place to work

Entered council as an Intern and worked my way up. Very good organisation and staff are supportive all round. Building and office is a tad outdated, however new offices being made as we speak.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrow Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement