Hartford Care
Happiness score is 38 out of 100

Hartford Care Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom44 reviews

residentcarestaffsupportteammanagementdaygood

Fast paced, and rewarding.

Fast paced and always busy which makes day go quick. Good staff and friendly residents. Always something to do. Overtime usually avaliable meaning you can earn more if you want.

Nice place to work

I have worked at West Cliff Hall for nearly 5 years. It’s a really nice place to work, the atmosphere is really welcoming. The residents are at the heart of everything we do. The job can sometimes be hard work but it is very rewarding. The building is absolutely beautiful too which makes for a really nice working environment. Hartford Care is a real living wage employer so the hourly rate is much higher than any other care home in the area. I really enjoy my job and feel like part of a team.

Pros

Real living wage employer, beautiful location, .

Cons

Can’t think of any

28 November 2022
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased to hear how rewarding you find working at Hartford Care. We understand how challenging the role can be at times, but we really do appreciate everything you do to keep our residents safe and happy.

Insights into Hartford Care

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager

A great working environment

I love my job. It is great to feel part of a family. Staff respect one another. Hartford care is a good company to work for as they listen to staff. Recently we have been given a winter fuel bonus which was great. Hartford care give yearly pay rises. There is plenty of opportunity to develop your career with Hartford care.

Pros

Great career development

Cons

shift work

28 November 2022
We are so pleased you feel part of our Hartford Care family, and we're grateful for the help and support you provide to our residents. Our team members are at the heart of what we do, and we will continue to find ways to support our employees where we can with rewards, incentives and benefits and offer career progression opportunities.

Growing workplace with lots of opportunity for positive change

Varied work in my role which matches my skillset well. Good induction process, I have a good understanding of responsibilities of central support staff and senior management. Company is under new ownership and there is a lot of change being carried out. I feel like my role is important to the direction of the company and I can see how my efforts make a difference.

Pros

The staff- all friendly and helpful, nice people. The work in my role suits me well.

Cons

Challenging management of data, something we are working on.

Awful

If you want to be bullied in the workplace and not taken seriously, work here! Management do not care about their staff at all. I wouldn't recommend even sending your family member here.

Disgraceful

Shocking from the start. I would not recommend having family live here or anyone to work here. The problems start at the top with the manager and then with the two-faced staff that are whispering in corners. Lack of care, lack of support, lack of morals and lack of etiquette. If there’s one thing you do today make sure it’s NOT seeking employment from this company or seeking residence for someone.

Good home but Understaffed

Unfortunately staffing was an issue in the home whilst I was there. Work colleagues were mostly lovely and friendly I enjoyed making relationships with the residents. Staff are hardworking and caring. Good job all in all. Reason for leaving was too far travelling and fuel prices soaring and low pay rate. Company have since increased pay rates so fairly competitive now for job roles.

22 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback, and it is good to see you enjoyed working with the team at the Home. The care sector, along with many other sectors in the UK is currently facing huge difficulties in recruiting. Part of our drive to be employer of choice is to ensure we care for our staff, and we have recently made the largest investment in pay ever in Hartford Care history, so we are now a Real Living wage employer. Using feedback from our employee engagement surveys, we will be continuing to invest in our people through training and development, career enhancement and reward and benefits.

Awful

All about the money no care for staff at allManagement dont listen to complaints. all they want is bums on beds unsafe staffing levels especially on dementia floor

22 March 2022
We are very disappointed in this review. As a responsible provider and with the vision of being an employer of choice, we are continuously trying to recruit the right people to join the Hartford Care family and become valued team members. We are very aware of sector-wide shortages of care staff and are focusing on our attraction and retention of staff. Despite this, we always ensure there is safe staffing levels in our homes.We encourage staff to escalate any concerns they have if they are not satisfied with the way things are being managed at the home. If you would like to speak to a member of our HR team about your experiences, please email human.resources@hartfordcare.co.uk.

All for show

Hartford care spend too much time thinking about ‘the brand’ and PR, than the residents needs. They are not very dementia friendly. The home looks beautiful, but feels more like a show room and not a home. I personally feel that a care home, should feel comfortable and homely, but everything here is for show. All smoke and mirrors

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Fake

3 February 2022
We are sorry to hear this is your view. At Hartford Care, our priority is to provide person-centred care, and this includes those living with Dementia. All our care plans are tailored to the individual's needs and reviewed on a regular basis. All of our homes have their own unique character and style, but creating a home-from-home environment and a place where our residents feel comfortable and safe whilst adhering to high levels of cleanliness has always been one of our main focuses.

Tick box company

Do not put into practice what they preachNo support from management or other team membersOpinions are not welcome Work rota’s change without notice

Pros

Cons

Long hours No teamwork No respect

31 January 2022
We are sorry to hear this was your experience whilst working with us. We welcome feedback to help us to become better and to improve our services to both our residents and our employees. We would always recommend escalating your concerns to a member of the HR team if you are not satisfied with the way your query is being handled at the home. If you would like to speak to a member of the HR team at head office, please email human.resources@hartfordcare.co.uk.

Hard work but worth it!

Be ready to work hard and care harder. If you don’t truly care about people this isn’t the place for you, it is tough but everyone works very hard to make the home the best it can be. As with any job there are hard days and people don’t always get on but Hartford have a great support in place should you need it.

Pros

Rewarding jobs, free meals, good support systems, Always trying to improve

Cons

Fast Paced

18 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, it’s great to hear that you enjoy working at Hartford Care. We understand the role can be challenging at times, but we’re so glad you feel supported in the work you do, and our residents are lucky to have someone who cares so much for them. Thank you.

Don’t, just don’t…

Hate to say this but it’s the truth. I lasted a year and every week was told by management it will get better we are getting more staff, oh we got a few staff who either, done a couple of shadows or didn’t turn up at all. Two staff for 28 residents that’s what I had to put up with, and if the kitchen help don’t turn up, or on annual leave then we have to do the washing up and tea trolly, the staff I worked with I cannot fault at all, but most of them have left now, the breaks are awfull, 20 mins lunch on a 12 hour shift, and if head office are due in you know because management have got the hoover out and fresh flowers,, never laundry done you spend all your shift looking for clean towels and residents clothes, it so bad the residents ask not to put clothes in laundry as they never see again… I swear the place is all smoke and mirrors, all for show… But as I said the staff are amazing…

Pros

Lovely residents and most family members

Cons

Everything, to much to go into..

1 December 2021
We are deeply disappointed in this review. As a responsible provider and with the vision of being employer of choice, we are continuously trying our hardest to recruit the right people to join the Hartford Care family and become valued team members. We ensure that there is always safe staffing levels in our homes. We are acutely aware of sector-wide shortages of care staff and are focusing on our attraction and retention of staff. If you would like to speak to a member of our team about your experiences, please email the HR team using the following email address: human.resources@hartfordcare.co.uk.

Dissapointing and stressful did not feel happy there

The beautiful home and fancy fittings hide a lack of care and atmosphere of homeliness, it's a showroom to o sell the business, residents are not given the care they deserve, staff are expected to do too much too quickly, I've witnessed lack of respect for residents and the management were unsupportive.

Pros

Nice uniform

Cons

Clicky staff and unhelpful managers lack of good training

3 November 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience whilst working with us. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our residents and our employees. We would always encourage staff to raise concerns both in the Home they work in and with the Head office support team. If you wish to escalate your concerns, please contact head office on 01256 383370. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.

Management ruled like a tyrannical lunatic, unsupportive to staff

Management style was underdeveloped to create a harmonious, stress free team work environment. Bare basics covered, constant turnover of staff, due to lack of support and bullying.Contstant mixed messages and objectives and constant shouting with employees grumbling under their breath. Outright savage behaviour.

Pros

Cons

Company is not what it advertises to employees and families.

3 November 2021
We are disappointed to hear of your experience working for us. We have a strict zero-tolerance against bullying and harassment as laid out in our policy. If you would like to speak to a member of the team about your experiences then please contact the HR team using the following email address: human.resources@hartfordcare.co.uk

They don't care

Just interested in making homes look good for photos and filling up rooms to make money, don't care that residents are left waiting ages or sat in front of tv all day, regular staff shortages through sickness, wages gap for the Isle of Wight, will happily spend money on fancy furniture but not on staff. Very bad atmosphere where not many people actually care, bordering on neglect

Pros

Nice residents

Cons

Loads

Feels like family

From the interview I felt welcomed and supported. I've been at Springfield in Shanklin for over 2 years now and it still is a great place to work. The team are a real team. Everyone pulls together and this has been so evident in the pandemic. Head Office keep in touch and actually make an effort to get to know all the staff.

Pros

Training opportunities and support to progress

Appalling place to work for!

Definitely doesn’t put residents first! If you don’t fit in the click there push you out the work placement! Management is unfair! Talk about you behind your back! Such a **tchy place to work for! DONT NOT APPLY

Pros

Nothing!

Cons

Everything!

Genuinely caring staff and management

As a new employee at Hartford Care, I have nothing but praise for the way that the management treat their staff. They are approachable, professional and genuinely care for their staff and residents. There is good interactive training and development. Everyone respects each other and there is excellent teamwork. I highly recommend this company.

Pros

Treated with respect and supported in my role

28 November 2022
We are so pleased to hear you are settling in well and received a warm welcome from your manager and your fellow team members. It's great to hear all your training is going well too. Thanks for the kind review

Calm and fun place for all

Hartford Care is a great company to work for. I have joined Hartford Care about 6 years ago. I have been able to progress within the company. I feel well supported by all team and management.

Pros

Feels comfortable, good communication, well supported

Terrible place

Awful company , they don’t care about residents, they lie to everyone, it’s all about smiles and happy looking pictures , no respect for loyal staff , they push you out and employ robots !!

Pros

Cons

Just awful

Enjoyable

I have loved working at Hartford care, they’re open and amazing people. They are all happy to help with anything you’re unsure about and never leave you alone when you’re not confident. Would definitely work there again!

Pros

Free lunch on double shifts

Cons

On your feet all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hartford Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hartford Care with

Learn about Hartford Care in popular locations

• Hartford Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?