Harvester
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Harvester Employee Reviews

United Kingdom504 reviews

Good twam

Worked with a good team but middle management can be a pain. Like most large businesses. Yet the higher bosses are spot on.

Dreadful

If your face doesn’t fit you’ve got no chance of progression. I worked for the same harvester on separate occasions. First time round it was reasonable to be polite. Second time round was a lot worse. Two of the shift supervisors are horrible whereas two of them I can’t fault. Most of my shifts where with the horrible ones which always shouted at everyone. Honestly it was incredibly hostile. When it’s busy sometimes they don’t have enough staff on meaning one person has to do up to five different tasks themselves with no help. This place needs a severe management change let alone a refurb. I had to work 7 days straight which was horrible.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Hostile working environment, dreadful shifts

Insights into Harvester

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great team but very poor management

I've been working for them for 1.5 months and I think the team is great. Very helpful people, nice and great to work with. However, as a kitchen worker, I was used by the Manager to work beyond my strength ... I was a multitasking worker at the same time. I performed the tasks of KP, a kitchen chef and a cleaner. None of my kitchen colleagues were ever assigned the same tasks as me ... Very unequal treatment of kitchen staff, bad management ... Even after the problem escalated. Top managers reluctant to resolve the conflict. I don't recommend anyone working in the kitchen (BOH) who don't want go be discriminated. However I believe that working behind the bar with rest of a team (FOH) would definitely be very interesting and exciting.

Best place ever

Working at the harvester is probably one of the best things I have done. such an uplifting team, really well looked after, positive management. Lovely place.

Typical waitress job

Just a typical waitress job, sometimes on waitressing, running food in and out, sometimes on the bar. It’s a good job whilst studying at college, flexible hours.

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Working with the public

Great people

Lovely place to work peoe are lively with a nice family vibe the area is nice friendly people ..However the wage is very low even if you are a team leader you do everything a mangers does and get paid so much less bit that more the company's policy rather than the manger themselves

Pros

Half price food

Cons

Low wage

Not what I was expecting for a popular restaurant/ bar

- filthy, sticky and only cared for doing cleaning when there was an inspection next day. - tips stolen by management on numerous occasions. - management isn’t appreciative of staff, there isn’t any acknowledgement that we were there.- bullying by management.- staying later than agreed and not being paid in full.- management and other staff turning a blind eye to staff being treated horribly by customers. In my case it was a physical issue which I made everyone aware of and I was not helped Etc etc etc

Pros

Tips if you get them

Cons

Management, cleanliness, staying longer than agreed and not being paid for it

Managers dont care and neither should you

if you want to be bullied by managers for their mistakes, work at a harvester. work 14 hours a day making the same terrible food. watch as your life spirals into addiction and failing mental health. if genuine good people didnt work here i would have left alot longer ago.

Awful

Awful,awful place to work for. Mitchells and Butlers only reward their managers not floor staff,should be paid more for the amount of stuff we put up with day in day out,staff are lazy,customers are literally the worst people I have ever met.

Pros

None.

Cons

Long hours No work/life balance

decent just bad pay and managers dont care

get good discounts but support don't get any tips, and some waiters abuse them just because they cant be bothered. Get half decent hours but managers tend to shift them wihout telling you

long, Boring work for little reward

It's a basic and boring waiting job surrounded by bad things. The hours some employees had to work are ridiculous, with some shifts being as long as 15 hours. All of this is for little reward since the hourly rate is minimum wage or just a little bit above. They run on a system that will automatically factor in breaks on your shifts, even if you didn't take any, and it will deduct pay accordingly.Most of the people I worked with were nice. However, I felt that one manager often didn't treat staff respectfully. The staff turnover rate is very high, so the restaurant is often short-staffed. I applied for the FOH Team Member role, but I often had to work in the kitchen, despite having no experience in that area.

Pros

50% Team Discount on food

Cons

Long hours, low pay, constantly short-staffed

It's Hard Work

The coworkers you meet can be nice but the amount of work that is expected from you is ridiculous. They'll have you running around the kitchen constantly doing jobs.

Fast-paced and fun

It was fun and a pleasant experience. The management is really great and my colleagues were really helpful and nice. It's fast-paced, but was fun learning new skills.

Tv

To many hours hard graft and expect to much from staff they burn you out it’s like your just a number they don’t care about you they just want the work done lots if late shifts and early starts which most people struggle with then when you had enough they red flag you so it ruins your next interview at other jobs very low staff no one stays long

Pros

No 50% off

Cons

Very long hours

Poor

Poor management poor food. Really gone down hill since I was eating their. Let you go whenever they feel. Mistakes aren’t aloud to be made their. Terrible

Good job security but.....

They don't care how many hours you work over your contract if you're salaried. They make you schedule your 48 hours only even if you actually do 80! 7am to 1am sometimes with 1 hour break and only 50% off food, not even a free email when you're spending 18 hours working for them and apart from your family!

Nice staff bad job

Never appreciate for the work you do. Management don’t know what there doing. Spoken to rudely by guests. Long hours. No flexibility to fit around your life.

Pros

Staff are nice

Cons

Hours, work load

people there are easy going but

terrible training and management. Workload overload, you might earn as much as you can, but u don't have days off (literally understaffed).If you wanna save money you know where to go.

Fun

Great team great management, friendly welcoming team, everyone gets involved for themes such as christmas any problems the management are easily approchable and reliable to sort it out effecientky

Pros

Great people

Cons

Didnt gind any

stressful and unsupportive

Was given minimal training for the role I was employed for although I had no experience and was expected to know everything. Management was poor and over all a really toxic environment to work in.

Work

Unsociable hours , do not recommend if having to commute, staff are lovely , all training online, no onsite training except for fire safety. Three group meetings a year. Do not recommend if you are working or want to complete an apprentichip with harvester

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvester. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement