Harvey John Ltd

Harvey John Ltd Employee Reviews

Joining the business during a lockdown was an unusual experience as my new colleagues were all working remotely. Despite the circumstances, I was made to feel very welcome by all the team through Zoom, WhatsApp and telephone calls. Even though I have yet to experience a fully populated office, I can still get a very good vibe about the business. It feels very friendly. I am new to the recruitment industry and everyone has been very helpful. I am very much at home, which reflects the fact there is clearly a very positive company culture.
Pros
Encouraging culture, commissions for referrals as well as closing deals
Cons
None I have witnessed
I've been working at Harvey John for 5 months now and can honestly say it's been the best work experience I've had. I'm happy to get up and go to work each day and I don't think many people can say that! The company is so positive, organised, and the management structure is finely tuned so everything just works. Each person on the team works hard and really cares about how the business functions which makes for a happy and successful environment. There's an excellent work/life balance, benefits, full on-boarding training, and everyone is so friendly and social that it's easy to feel at home here each day. From my first day, there were opportunities for training and progression so I knew the the company was invested in my growth. The Managing Director is constantly building the employees up and everyone celebrates each others' successes. There isn't a single thing I would change about working at Harvey John, it's the kind of place people stay at for the long-run.
Pros
Wonderful people, great work/life balance, excellent company management, training opportunities, great benefits and salary, nice office, social outings like dinners, pub quizzes, comedy nights, and more
Cons
Not a single con!
Harvey John nurtures individuals to be the best they can. The training scheme is extensive and thorough, taking individuals through their first 6 months step by step. From then on individuals can flourish in an environment of continued support and encouragement, without micro-managing or strict KPIs.
Working for Harvey John has successfully smashed any negative perceptions I had about recruitment agencies. I am given all and every opportunity to succeed and develop, but without having a magnifying glass looking over my shoulder. For me, the most important part of a career is the culture in which you're immersed in. Thankfully, HJ provides an atmosphere which can be more akin to a family, rather than a corporate office
  1. Employee reviews