HARVEY JONES KITCHENS logo
HARVEY JONES KITCHENS

HARVEY JONES KITCHENS Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Was a good place but new management turned it into a production line

Enjoyed it for many years with a feel good factor of producing top quality products but management just kept pileing pressure on to speed up and increase output.

Not very modern, lack of progression.

Harvey Jones is a good company to work for if you are not seeking any career progression. The office lacked character/personality, there is little to no conversation amongst colleagues. It is not a very modern place to work and not particularly environmentally friendly. The systems and processes are outdated. Management are friendly and laid back.

Productive busy workplace

A clean environment and pleasant working conditions. Working as a team where possible and a good relationship with other work members. Unfortunately the company is now moving factory out of the area hence the redundancies

Shambles

Worked for this company. Got promised all the training needed for the role I was appointed in which was technical surveyor . Not much training was given and I was in the role for 6 months . When all of a sudden out of no where got dropped just like that . Not just me 2 others that were in the same role as I. No structure or balance to this company and people are dropped and hired way too often

Small team

Small team so its less people to manage and help with project management. there is only 2 designers per showroom so as an admin manger you have a few things to focus on.

Pros

small team

Very nice people

Schedules sent by Head Office Conduct in depth Surveys Report back to Head office Good backup from everyone in company Lots of interaction required to convey all messages with clarity- small mistakes cost lots of pounds

where you get a chance to show creative flare.

At Harvey Jones I am responsible for selling the brand and taking commissioning deposits from new customers following a bespoke design service. This has been exciting as you get faced with many different types of space you have design furniture solutions for. This gives you a chance to be creative in trying to figure out the best way of using the space so it A, - looks attractive and personalized, B - is within the customers budget and C- improves the use of the room with the locations of services being logical and practical. Once I have been commissioned I become the sole contact for that customer being responsible for all aspects of the furniture order including, CAD planning and drawings, detailed costings, appliance and worktop sales, site visits and initial site surveys. I prepare all parts of the orders for submission to the workshop for manufacture, organize and hire any necessary fitters and painters required for my clients kitchens, I am present for all delivery’s and personally visit and sign off each of my clients kitchens on completion. I have learned a great deal in project management and the necessary skills to be able to juggle many different orders on their journey to completion. Whilst carrying out my duties to current clients, I am responsible for calling new leads established through local brochure requests from the company’s website, talking to and calling leads who have visited the showroom about our hand made kitchen furniture. This type of customer relationship has honed my sales techniques as it has required I learn a great deal of specialist information -

Pros

Chance to be creative

Cons

a lot of pressure on you alone

Achieved all changes made over the years

Great people at the factory hand picked. Hitting targets and keeping on top of the work load solving problems as they arise Having to use my own initiative when unforeseen situations arose machine break downs,Staff not turning up [sick]

Pros

sick pay

Jobs at HARVEY JONES KITCHENS