Hastings Direct

Hastings Direct Employee Reviews

Featured review
Hastings Direct selected this as a representative review
Hastings is fun, fast paced and place with tones of opportunity to progress from role to role, department to department. I have been working here 10 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it, what truly make Hastings a great place to work is the people you work with.
23 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and we’re pleased to learn that you enjoyed working for Hastings Direct.
This is target driven and sales run . Do not look at it any other way or written in any other description.It is a competitive sales environment where if you do not sell you will get pushed out.Teams battle one another with managers using nights out, rewards and individual gifts to those that hit the highest figures. Staff will take follow ups, leads, call backs and other effort you have done for personal gain.If you want a high paced competitive environment you will gain an eye opening experience.Calls are monitored by compliance and if errors occur then salary is deducted with hundreds of potential pounds of a salary taken days before being paid!
Pros
Good social events...if you qualify for them
Cons
Every man for himself! You have to keep hitting targets or at least be higher than the rest!
I really enjoyed working at Hastings Direct, the hours I worked were really flexible I was able to work around my daughter, being a single parent this was really important to me, and Hastings were very helpful and helped me achieve work life balance.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Worst place to work, become worse during the pandemic, expect so much from you yet receive nothing but bad feedback no matter how hard you try. Management doesn't care bothered about themselves and their friends. Senior management won't care if you make a complaint about staff. treated unfairly especially after taking time off and then told it's your own fault for not keeping up instantly. made to feel you are replaceable at all times, mistakes are seen as errors made on purpose and always indirectly or even directly told at times you're on your way to being fired. They don't care about their customers at all, no empathy what so ever you do feel sorry for customers and there's nothing you can do . job is not worth the money or your sanity. was good 2-3 years ago, now it's depressing and a place that will make you feel so worthless everyday. Yes most people will say they will do anything for a job in a pandemic and that's understandable but trust me you will feel so down and want to leave within weeks. I know so many people that will back me on this. Oh and 4cs it's just a front they will do the charity (community) but customers and colleagues arent cared for at all.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, no support
24 February 2021
We’re really sorry that as a colleague you feel this way, particularly as people within the business have worked hard in a number of different ways to ensure colleagues have felt safe and looked after over the past year. I would encourage you to be open and honest with your line manager about your dissatisfaction, so that we can support you and hopefully look for ways to reinvigorate how you previously felt about your role. If there’s anything the HR team can do to help, please email us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com and quote ID04.
This company has been nothing but vile to me. The managers are all fake, and definitely have their favourites. All they see when they look at you is another number, they have no care or compassion for you; if youre going through a rough time, its not their problem. Mental health is something looked down on here. A friend had some time off whilst in hospital for their mental health, and they were told if they did not resign then they would be fired. If they did resign they would be given a 'really good reference'. What sort of company treats their employees like this? After having a week off due to COVID-19, I was called in for a disciplinary even though my time off was authorised. Shocking place to work for. DO NOT WORK FOR HASTINGS DIRECT.
17 February 2021
We are disappointed to hear this feedback and are we’re sorry that you feel this way. So that we can fully understand your personal experience, please do feel free to get in touch with us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com and quote ID02.
This is the best recruitment process that I have experienced. I received my job offer a few hours later, and started a week later. The interviewers and trainers are lovely, and really put to at ease whilst you are learning the role.
Pros
Lovely employees
Cons
Lack of parking
17 February 2021
Thanks for your review – we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us. As for limited parking, this is an implication of our city centre base, but we hope the public transport links and easy access to city centre amenities make up for it!
A typical day would be very busy from 9 till 530pm in a fast paced environment; where you always learn something new. The management are keen to go places and implement changes that will assist the employees. The workplace culture is great and the people there are great.The hardest part of the job I would say is managing your time - as you can get referrals from people which can prevent you from getting through your own caseload. Not only that, it is a very easy job to 'take home' with you.The most enjoyable part of the job is the laughter; we have quite a well balanced team, in terms of age, experience and gender. We all help one another wherever we can and this is only getting stronger day by day.
Pros
Great Pension and Benefits
Cons
Very demanding, lots to learn
17 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We appreciate hearing your personal experience and we’re pleased to learn that you enjoy working for Hastings Direct. Remember that our wellbeing programme offers plenty of ways that you can access support should you need it.
Avoid....this is a dangerous environment and not good for health.Ruled through fear and dread and you will regret it...Toxic culture and do not care for staff....
Pros
Cons
Lots
18 February 2021
We are disappointed to learn that your experience working here was not a positive one. Our colleague experience is very important and we would welcome the opportunity to understand the detail behind your review. Please feel free to contact us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com and quote ID03 in your email.
Great experience the company treats staff very well at a high level and they make sure there staff get there five a day. 😉 Positive experience over all
17 February 2021
Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Hastings Direct.
Enjoyed when I started, they're now merging several departments so 4 times the work for no pay increase. Less progression as a result too. They're also outsourcing a lot of work to South Africa. Very toxic work environment. Large portion of management are obnoxious.Their staff care is nothing like the regularly report. Unless you're management they couldn't care less.
Pros
Some good people there
Cons
Staff care. Work load. Management. Pay.
4 January 2021
We are disappointed to hear this feedback. Our colleague experience is very important to us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further to fully understand your personal experience.Please do feel free to get in touch with us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com and quote ID01.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hastings Direct?
I had to apply twice for this job as after a successful first phone interview and then not hearing anything. I chased it up to be told that they have changed their recruitment process and I would have to reapply by doing a video interview. After a successful video interview I then had another phone interview which I was again successful in. I then had to take part in a virtual assessment centre that took 2 hours with other people on Microsoft teams. This was awful I the links they were sending wouldn't load and the questions they were asking wernt clear over webcam. Also 4 people interviewed me while I had to be on video even though they had their webcam turned off. It was very unprofessional way of conducting an interview.
3 December 2020
We are sorry for your experience which falls below the standards we strive to achieve when bringing new people on board. While we’re in the fortunate position of being able to offer job opportunities during the pandemic, we had to respond to the restrictions at speed and launch our first ever virtual assessment centres for the Customer Service Representative roles we’re recruiting. You’re correct that you should’ve been able to see the people interviewing you, so we are looking into what happened on this occasion. Thank you for your feedback which is really useful to help us fine tune our approach to these virtual settings.
Ambiente agradable. Disciplinado. Los supervisores son ceecanos a su equipo. Hay buena camaderia entre todos. No me puedo quejar
Pros
Cafeteria. Parking. Cercania de los jefes
Cons
El salario podria estar un poco mejor
4 January 2021
Gracias por tu reseña! Nos complace saber que está disfrutando de su experiencia en Hastings Direct.
Worked here for over a year now and loved every minute. For those who put in the effort and apply themselves well progression is achievable through internal applications and recognition from management. The team leaders here are professional, friendly, and generally create a good atmosphere for their team. I started off in customer claims, but was given the opportunity to progress into tech claims thanks to the input of my team leader. Would fully reccomend this company for anyone looking for a job. The workload is manageable, the people are great, work hours are good, and the job itself is very interesting.
Pros
salary/benefits, pension scheme, management, culture, workload, hours, peers, job satisfaction
17 November 2020
Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hastings Direct.
A Company that cares for its staff and their welfare, rewards well and treats its staff like assets. As a result Hastings Direct has built its workforce up of people who work well, communicate openly, listen to others and work together to reach their goals. Many of these staff have been with the company for several years despite the companies relative maturity in the market which is a great indication that those that come, stay; - signs of a perfect employer in my book.If you get an opportunity to work for us, grab it with both hands; this organisation is going places.
Pros
Great Canteen, Work From Home Attitude, Company-wide respect and moral values.
Cons
None - Literally. None.
10 November 2020
There was a quick and painless interview & on-boarding process. I was kept informed at all times and genuinely felt like a member of staff quite quickly.My new colleagues have all been very supportive so far.All in all, considering we are in the middle of a pandemic, the onboarding process has to be one of the slickest ever.
Pros
Forward thinking company
Cons
None so far
3 November 2020
Management don’t treat you well. Barely any opportunities to progress even when you’re doing a good job. Pay is good. Job is repetitive and boring. Decent PT job but not long term.
3 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It would be good to chat further and look at how we can address the concerns you have referenced, please do email us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com and quote reference ID09.
This company is literally going down day by day. After working there for 2 years all you see when you walk in is a social club. Its full of young peoole including the managers too! They dont care about their employees all they care about is sats. They expect you to achieve the impossible. Especially the renewals department they increase customers prices and then cry when they call back to query or cancel their renewal. They are also very petty. Do not work for them honestly worst call centre to work for and i’ve got 100+ people to back my word.
20 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It would be good to chat further and look at how we can address this, please do email us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com and quote reference ID08.
Very good company to work with respect to work life balance, salary, culture and career progression.They train you and help nurture you to attain the best of best, solid training for all position
Pros
Flexibility and work life balance
8 October 2020
Was moved department with out knowledge or consent. Now am forced to do a job I hate and am continously micro-managed this is not the job I signed up for. I am pressurised into selling items a customer hasn't asked for and loans with ridiculous Interest rates.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Soul crushing job
2 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It would be good to chat further and look at how we can address this/these, please do email us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com and quote reference 06.
Hastings Direct is a great place to work at and there are many benefits: Always putting their colleagues first Great colleagues/managers Very supportive Flexible shift patterns Health benefits Overall, its a good job
11 September 2020
Thank you for your review! We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us.
The job itself is ok, you are made to do more work than asked of. You get underpaid for what you do. Your team leaders aren’t as supportive as you would like to think within the business. It is a great company with many benefits
Pros
Pay/benefits
  1. Employee reviews