Haven Holidays

Haven Holidays Employee Reviews

I quite enjoyed working here although my stay wasn't long. I dislocated my knee and the staff were understanding and patient, checked up on me regularly to see if I was going to return.
Pros
2 days a week
Cons
Placed on your own quickly
Interview was informal and relaxed. Work load good, payed accurately and on time. Friendly and great team work.Excellent opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Seasonal work
Cleaners are treated disgusting, made to clean a whole caravan from top to bottom with an hour, no help given unless you will be late for a customer but will be left until last minute. The checkers do not help at all and think they are so much above physical cleaning. Simple tasks that you may have missed or marks that cannot be seen in certain lights, you are made to do. Which could be on the other side of the park, for a quick two minute job they could do. This then puts you behind and then you are blamed for. The heat is outrageous in the summer. Not being able to go for breaks as there is not time.
Pros
Money off park facilities
Cons
Was fun to start But That went downhill quickly as management were rude inconsistent and nitpicky never paid the right amount and amount on time always worked overtime never got paid for it with the odd weekend here and there never got paid for it
Pros
You had a haven card for money off
Cons
Poor management
Brilliant company to work for.great happy environment.staff make new friends would recommend to work there great memories.great team work bonuses ect
Pros
Meeting your team every day
Cons
Getting wet
The management and colleagues are lovely to work with and Haven pay fairly. Good training and support for new cleaners. Location is great!Can be very hard work unless you know when to say no!! Haven don't hesitate to book out all their caravans at once even if they know they only have a small Cleaning team to prepare them... so it can make work quite difficult and rushed in the peak of the season.
Pros
Fair pay, flexible hours, nice staff
Cons
A lot of work..
I loved working here and I had the best time ever Everyone is so friendly and it’s just like a home away from home. I would definitely recommend it.
Young staff mainly because of late shift work plenty of training as well as on line safety can change shifts with other employees have to be very punctual work hard and you will get on with management and colleagues Weymouth good restaurant to work in nice staff and management
Pros
Fun
Cons
Stressful some times
For the most part it is a high grade company to work for as the management are professional and show integrity on an individual basis. Also this is the second review I have completed for this company.
Cons
When you want to leave on time for your kids.
I was a temporary employee and only worked 5 months in which I was moved from security job to job & my hours reduced.!. Min paid work in 2013 & management who had little patience and would change your shift without little warning.!. In the end I left.!!.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Honestly what else can I say. The people are quite nice but you can kinda tell the company expects maximum effort for minimum pay. Alright job if you need money but definitely not a career I could stay in.
Pros
Subsidised food
Cons
Low pay, weird shifts
If you don’t mind hard work, working at a fast pace, this is for you, great management team you feel very appreciated and valued, for your work, which is a very rare thing in this day and age, would definitely recommend
Pros
Team work
Cons
Not enough time for lunch
The only problem with this job it’s only seasonal would be be better if it’s all year round. I knew what I was going into but the fact that you have to go back to the drawing board in terms of looking out for another job is very stressful especially with this horrible virus going round (COVID -19) makes even worse.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Seasonal Only
Treated poorly, no breaks, no help, very little training, even the coaches didn't know what they were doing most of the time, would avoid in the future
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Primrose valley (haven) is the best place I’ve ever worked all team members are 100% valued the management are absolutely fantastic and run the park perfectly they make you feel more than welcome the job role I applied for no day is ever the same which give you the ultimate get and go in a morning, the training I was provided was very in depth so I knew exactly what I was doing with in the role every team member makes you value your job I wish i was given a full time position but sadly it’s only seasonal but best job you could do for the season.
Pros
Full training discount and many more
Loads of bullying going on and most staff under the ages of 18. Management clearly has their favourites and treats other staff poorly. You feel very judged there.
Pros
Cons
Staff
I enjoyed my job there but it was extremely busy all the time and I don’t think there was a minute where everything slowed down so It became stressful at times and some of the other workers weren’t the most pleasant people to work with but I made it work and overall it was a good experience
Nice people staff and guest no problems with them uniform was appropriate and all ppe provided aswel as all the things needed to clean caravan great sense ov accomplishment
I went for a job as a KP and I got to say from week 1 I was not paid properly told the manager he was not interested and I kept in asking for washing up gloves which supposed to have in their PPE cupboard but they were for some reason would not provide them the correct PPE seriously do not work for them and to do not eat there
Pros
Cons
If you like working for free and somebody who doesn't follow the guidelines on PPE then go for it
I'm in my third season of working for Haven. Overall the company is great to work for but managers really need to sort out their organisation ahead of the summer peak period to cut down on the levels of stress felt by team members, they also need to be realistic about the workload put on one person. The level of abuse thrown at team members by guests over the peak period is unacceptable, managers are generally supportive with this however I'm writing this review in mind of people seeking employment with the company reading it, and it's a huge issue they need to be aware of. I've worked in customer facing roles previously but believe me some of the guests act a hundred times more self entitled when they are on holiday. That said, it does balance it out when you get the nice guests who actually want to enjoy their holiday and they have a laugh and a joke with you, for me these are the guests who make the job worth it. Whilst 2020 has been a difficult year for everyone the same old issues as previous years have cropped up over peak. Namely manager expectations of one person are too much, they promise too much to the guests but don't bother recruiting extra team members to deliver these expectations until it's too late. And as for Covid I personally think the company have reintroduced far too much too soon which has overly stretched the people working on park, subjecting us to horrible abuse from guests who can't get their own way and don't seem to understand we're in a pandemic, they expect everything to operate at 100% capacity and can't handle being told no. Overall I love - more...
Pros
20% team discount at Haven, Butlin's and Warner
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, rude and abusive guests
My interview was to be offered the job.Took them four weeks to sort paperwork and training.started work one the first week found they put my name wrong informed manager and it took her three weeks and lots of bugging her to get it sorted,they then lie and said they didn't know about it.
Pros
Can pick what days to work
Cons
Expecting you to do the work in the time frame of two people
  1. Employee reviews