Haven Holidays

Haven Holidays Employee Reviews

Basically, your assigned with a designated role and it is your responsibility to get the job done.I’ve learn some bar skills, time management, multitasking, and teamwork Culture is pretty positive and respectful.The most enjoyable part of work would be during breaks
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary/ wages
Haven as a company have you believe that they look after the staff no sorry “team”. When in reality it’s all about profit turn over. During the pandemic last year the department I worked in had ran out of sanitizer Within a week of opening! And refused to order more! Managers don’t seem to care about you as a person you are just a number and easily replaced. Zero job security. Stupid hours with lest than 7 hours between shifts sometimes. Would never recommend any one to suffer with this company.
Pros
Non
Cons
I worked for haven for 10 years. Working all over England and wales within this time learning all the skills to move up within the company . For 4 years I interviewed for promotion to entertainments manager each time not being successful saying I had 1 more thing to master before moving on up. Each year it was a new thing I needed to learn. Meanwhile watching people start fresh within the company with no knowledge moving up to management within a year while I was still trying after 10 years. Its not about what you bring to the job at haven its all about what you are willing to do for your job and that wasn't for me so I left with what I had gain from the job after 10 years and did the same job for a different company within 6 months was made manager.
Pros
Live by the sea
Cons
Long hoursand not always paid for them all
Yes I would recommend anyone, to work at Haven Holidays. Friendly, family oriented company with great opportunities and support given. Full training given and lots to learn. Great chance of career progression.
Pros
Great team spirit, with lots of experience.
Cons
None.
Overall a great place to work friendly team and great management, great opportunities to progress and basically a fun and friendly place to work!! Although after giving year after year of great work there unfortunately you are just a number to them! You put your heart and sole into a company to just be let go with no consideration for the years of hard work, long hours and total dedication, so yes amazing place to work just don't get to invested in them as they'll only remember the one bad thing about. Such a shame!!
Pros
Great place to work, amazing opportunities and fun team
Cons
No recognition or remorse towards good, hard working team!!
Worse place to work boys u work with are great management are 2 faced contracts can run from day to day u are expected to praise management for giving u a job while u are expected to not be paid on time or paid for the hours u work and if u question this ur contract gets ended as common practice ok if u want to volunteer people u work with are very 2 faced every one climbing over the other to keep there job
Pros
Good boys to work with
Cons
Not getting paid
I have worked for Papa Johns mainly inside Haven. I got along well with co workers and the manager, there can be some challenges too during summer holidays. I recommend applying especially if go to Uni or college as they offer loads of hours during the summer peak times.
Pros
Free lunches & amazing team
Cons
Seasonal only
Interview was informal and relaxed. Work load good, payed accurately and on time. Friendly and great team work.Excellent opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Seasonal work
I quite enjoyed working here although my stay wasn't long. I dislocated my knee and the staff were understanding and patient, checked up on me regularly to see if I was going to return.
Pros
2 days a week
Cons
Placed on your own quickly
Cleaners are treated disgusting, made to clean a whole caravan from top to bottom with an hour, no help given unless you will be late for a customer but will be left until last minute. The checkers do not help at all and think they are so much above physical cleaning. Simple tasks that you may have missed or marks that cannot be seen in certain lights, you are made to do. Which could be on the other side of the park, for a quick two minute job they could do. This then puts you behind and then you are blamed for. The heat is outrageous in the summer. Not being able to go for breaks as there is not time.
Pros
Money off park facilities
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Haven Holidays?
Was fun to start But That went downhill quickly as management were rude inconsistent and nitpicky never paid the right amount and amount on time always worked overtime never got paid for it with the odd weekend here and there never got paid for it
Pros
You had a haven card for money off
Cons
Poor management
Brilliant company to work for.great happy environment.staff make new friends would recommend to work there great memories.great team work bonuses ect
Pros
Meeting your team every day
Cons
Getting wet
The management and colleagues are lovely to work with and Haven pay fairly. Good training and support for new cleaners. Location is great!Can be very hard work unless you know when to say no!! Haven don't hesitate to book out all their caravans at once even if they know they only have a small Cleaning team to prepare them... so it can make work quite difficult and rushed in the peak of the season.
Pros
Fair pay, flexible hours, nice staff
Cons
A lot of work..
I loved working here and I had the best time ever Everyone is so friendly and it’s just like a home away from home. I would definitely recommend it.
Young staff mainly because of late shift work plenty of training as well as on line safety can change shifts with other employees have to be very punctual work hard and you will get on with management and colleagues Weymouth good restaurant to work in nice staff and management
Pros
Fun
Cons
Stressful some times
For the most part it is a high grade company to work for as the management are professional and show integrity on an individual basis. Also this is the second review I have completed for this company.
Cons
When you want to leave on time for your kids.
I was a temporary employee and only worked 5 months in which I was moved from security job to job & my hours reduced.!. Min paid work in 2013 & management who had little patience and would change your shift without little warning.!. In the end I left.!!.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Honestly what else can I say. The people are quite nice but you can kinda tell the company expects maximum effort for minimum pay. Alright job if you need money but definitely not a career I could stay in.
Pros
Subsidised food
Cons
Low pay, weird shifts
If you don’t mind hard work, working at a fast pace, this is for you, great management team you feel very appreciated and valued, for your work, which is a very rare thing in this day and age, would definitely recommend
Pros
Team work
Cons
Not enough time for lunch
The only problem with this job it’s only seasonal would be be better if it’s all year round. I knew what I was going into but the fact that you have to go back to the drawing board in terms of looking out for another job is very stressful especially with this horrible virus going round (COVID -19) makes even worse.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Seasonal Only
Treated poorly, no breaks, no help, very little training, even the coaches didn't know what they were doing most of the time, would avoid in the future
Pros
Flexibility
  1. Employee reviews