Hawksmoor

Working at Hawksmoor: Latest Hawksmoor Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews

placehourgreatstaffworkingtimehawksmoormanagement

Overall a good place to work at

It was a good place to work at. They accommodate your requests, regarding both times to work at, also positions (if you'd like to progress) if they can.

6 June 2022
Thank you so much for your review, so lovely to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Supportive and great job to develop in the hospitality industry

Very supportive and understanding FOH team and management. High paced job and very good pay rate! Very open to hear staff’s opinions and great overall communication. Highly recommend it.

Pros

Salary; Good team & management

Cons

Staff food after busy dinner service

5 September 2022
Thank you so much for leaving your lovely thoughts. Really great to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Insights into Hawksmoor

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun and friendly place to work

Loved my time working Hawksmoor - it really reminded me why I love working in Hospitality especially in a post pandemic world. Flexible and compassionate managers who look out for their team. They are ever determined to work to create a workplace with happy staff in order to achieve genuinely great service as a business!

Pros

Staff food, extra days off, flexible management

Cons

Late hours

15 August 2022
Thanks so much for your thoughts, lovely to hear about you enjoyed your time at Hawksmoor.

Terrible time

I'd avoid working here, place thinks it is of much higher standard than it actually is. They'll tell you all the training you had before is wrong and doesn't match 'the Hawksmoor way'. Let go after 3.5 months during a kangaroo Court of a probation meeting. Will use everything against you.Pay is poor, management is overloaded and petulant. They'll need you one week and then the next, you are gone.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, management, no breaks

30 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. We take all feedback very seriously and if you have anything else you'd be comfortable sharing please do so on jennifere@thehawksmoor.com

Just an average steakhouse these days

Nothing much to say really. Was there for a short time, other places are lot better in London.I not feeling my work was really appreciated.Managers nice but stressful.Staff food very littleHead chef very nice and professional.I'm happy I didn't stay.

Pros

Management is ok

Cons

Salary not the best

30 May 2022
Thank you so much for leaving us a review, we take all feedback very seriously and I would love to discuss further on jennifere@thehawksmoor.com

Long hours, no good life-work balance

Nice place to work, really stressful at times. Constantly low on staff, you get pushed to the limit all the time. Progression is mostly a matter of “who you know”, and less about “what you know and can do”.

Pros

Staff food

6 June 2022
Thanks for your review, we take all feedback very seriously and I would love to hear more if you have anything you are comfortable to share on Jennifere@thehawksmoor.com

No teamwork

FOH very competitive atmosphere, no team working. Training is completed alone at home. No staff food, tea or coffee. Minimum wage with tips. Extremely unfriendly working environment.

Cons

No staff food, tea or coffee

19 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, we take all feedback very seriously and are sorry to hear you've had this experience. Would love to hear more if you are happy to share anything else on Jennifere@thehawksmoor.com

People were great but really stressful

I loved it there but it was very very stressful for the pay. Working there is cool and everything and the discount for staff is the best ever and they really dedicate a lot of time to teaching you about their food and alcohol.

19 May 2022
Thank you so much for leaving us a review, great to hear you enjoyed the training and discounts but very sorry to hear you found it stressful.

The quote "People don't leave bad jobs, they leave bad bosses" comes to mind.

Firstly, don’t be deceived by the job advertisement saying £14.30 per hour for waiter/waitress position. It’s all depend on Service charge which ain’t enough due to inexperienced OVERSTAFFED front of house team. I worked there for three months during busy month like November and yet my hourly pay was below £14 always. When I was leaving I had few holidays to take. They paid for my outstanding holidays but they didn’t pay me service charge despite them advertising they will pay holiday payment including service charge (no service charge - because I was leaving the company?!). Secondly, you will hardly can make 34/35 hours a week because they were only open for dinner during weekday, Sunday kitchen closes at 4.30pm and then, around two three times a week you will start your shift from 5pm/6pm till closing (you will be out by 12 am max). 6 hours shift and one double shift only on Saturday (if you are lucky) because they have too many servers so unlikely you will get double every week.Working style? Restaurant menu itself was great, foods were lovely, excellent quality steaks. But, they don’t have food runner, at all!So despite you being a waiter you will work at least twice a week or more as food runner.

Pros

No dress code, Beautiful decor and furniture.

Cons

Low “Take home money”, Very high staff turnover every week new people, they didn’t pay me service charge for my outstanding holiday pay when leaving, Unprofessional managers.

22 March 2022
Thanks for your feedback, its really important to us and taken very seriously. If you have anything else you are happy to share I would love a chat on Jennifere@thehawksmoor.com

Managers are rude they don't care about your welfare I will use and abuse you and when you need help they'll get rid of you

I wasn’t given the amount of hours I needed, the rota and app constantly conflicted with each other, and I would get in trouble even if it wasn’t my fault that the app and paper rota had different start times.

Cons

Less hours

22 March 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, its really important to us and I would love to discuss this in further detail if you have anything else you'd like to share. I'm on Jennifere@thehawksmoor.com

Helpful management, nice colleagues, and high standard restaurant.

Hawksmoor is a very good place to work, because there are flexible hours, a chance for progression, and support on sight whenever needed. Can be stressful, and quite busy.

22 March 2022
Thank you so much for your review and pleased to see you've enjoyed your time with us

A wonderful place to work

This one one the highlights on my career. The training is second to none. The organise weekly training for wine, cocktails and other drinks as well as special visits from reps to talk about product knowledge with tasters. The review is for the London Hawksmoor’s, I spent time in the Edinburgh branch and it is a different site in almost every way. It’s quiet, lack of training, no real support from management and missing that hawksmoor passion and drive. What a shame.

Pros

Training, true hospitality passion

Cons

Long hours, physically demanding job, you need to take it seriously in terms of product information, ingredients and where they are from and allergies as well as dealing with complaints.

19 September 2021
Thank you so much for your review, great to hear that you enjoyed so much of it. Sorry to hear about your cons, feedback is very important to us and its all taken onboard.

Not the place to work for

The place is full of stressed people . If you've had experience as a good runner it's no different here.the head trainers like to put you in straight away with no directions and like to moan at you if you get it wrong even on your first day. NOT THE COMPANY TO WORK FOR AT ALL.

19 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm so sorry to hear you you've had this experience, feedback is very important to us and I would love to hear anything else you are comfortable sharing on JenniferE@thehawksmoor.com

Hawksmoor, Seven Dials

Extremely busy kitchen. Must be prepared to work very hard. I learned much about cooking on a large scale (400 covers) on saturday evenings. Worked with very high quality products.

22 March 2022
Thanks for your review, pleased to hear you learned a lot and found our products high quality.

Productive and Fun Workplace

A great experience. A great theme great location approachable management a great atmosphere teamwork is encouraged. i wouls easily recommand working for them to my friends

19 September 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts. Great to hear so many positives and that you would recommend working at Hawksmoor!

Fun workplace, very busy

The workplace at Hawksmoor contained some lovely characters and great people but the management culture was ran on the premise of "if it's a problem, pretend that it does not exist".

Flexible and Fun

Amazing people, great flexibility and integrity. This is an amazing place to work, as they treat their employees with fairness and dignity. It is an incredibly busy organisation that puts their costumers in a pedestal (with no exception) and that means that we must have a proactive approach to their business as well as learn how to bend forward and backwards to make everything possible happen. Also, what makes this place special is the fact that they offer their employees great flexibility and support when it comes down to other possible career paths and qualifications, even if these are different industry areas.

Strong culture, weak business

Great for staff's personal development but the company lacks the same direction. Working hours were good, training was excellent but top tier leadership seem to be at the will of investors.

A great company to work for

I have been very satisfied by working for Hawksmoor. That company is all about giving the best service and experience to the customers by having very knowledgeable professionals working for them. They recognize the skills you have and they are also willing to support your growth and help you build up your career if you are excited about doing so.

Pros

Possibility of promotion, company benefits

19 September 2021
Thank you so much for your review. Lovely to hear you've had such a wonderful time at Hawksmoor.

Professional and Fun Workplace

The staff are treated very well here. Rewarded with great job benefits if you perform well. It's also a pleasant environment to work in with everyone supporting each other.

work

Was perfet, always happy, good motivated team, lot of oportunities, quality meat, management always on your side, I will recommend definitely, good company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawksmoor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hawksmoor with

Learn about Hawksmoor in popular locations

• Hawksmoor