Hays

Hays Employee Reviews

United Kingdom517 reviews

Found 517 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,022 reviews

Was okay

Ok while working there but as soon as you leave they really see you as a number. Pay was ok but they expected you to stay late no work for balance given. Training programme meant to be great but if really failed to even be good. I would not recommend hays I would recommend a smaller company that will actually care about you

minimum wage

the pay is very bad, minimum. and if you have problems nobody cares. the holiday is taken from your wage, hard to keep tracking. and if you have a problem at work they dont care.

Pros

easy work

Cons

money, no advance

Insights into Hays

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Engaging and fun

Busy, learned hard work and responsibility. Good management but the hardest part of the job is its unpredictability. The team is excellent and fun to work with.

Fast paced

Good place to work you get out what you put in. Good culture and good benefits lots of away days and decent commission scheme. Management are helpful depending on what team you are in

Dead end

You end up being paid less to be paid by either the agency or an umbrella company, either way they take a chunk from you every week for doing absolutely nothing. Holiday pay is taken out of your wage unless you choose not to accrue it. Trying to get hold of agency management is a nightmare. No opportunities for advancement. As for the job you will end up being offered every company is different, but you will most likely be treated with little respect because of you only being an agency staff member.

Pros

Not many

Cons

Lack of communication. Poor pay. Finite work.

Fast Pace and a lot of career development opportunities!

Working at Hays have been a life changing experience as this as my first recruitment role as well. My manager made the whole process from interview to induction and then eventually passing probation and building my desk very easy and supportive. Hays have the best training and development in the industry and the managers and regional directors are always there to support you.

Decent place to start your career

Great place to start your recruitment career. The pay good be better. Work culture and management is excellent! The downside to Hays would be they don't have a great structure in terms of career path.

It was Ok

fairly fun environment when management left you alone to do the job, lots of KPIs targets, old school sales etc. Mostly BD focussed rather than actually filling roles.

Great place to start

As above. Plenty of chance to progress from Associate level through to management. Good team culture and training on offer too. Pay is some way of the market value that should be applied to its staff

My experience has been good

I am not sure how other people are treated but I have been treated well and tend to get a good wage for my placements. So far I am happy working for Hays. I think sometimes it depends on who your advisor is - mine is quite chilled out and not like a sales person which some are.

Unsupportive management

Was not a very supportive role from management for a trainee on a dead desk. Also wasn't given enough time to finish new job leads. Expected to make 200+ calls a day in the end, not a quality company.

Perfect work placements

Always found me work placements to fit me time wise and suitability for role can’t recommend them enough. I dealt with Wigan and Manchester offices the staff are fabulous

Pros

Work to suit your hours

Overall good

Paid on time, all that really matters when your going with an agency. Had to call once to get this sorted but they were helpful and polite and fixed my issue.

Not a great place to work

If your face fit with the directors, you had an easy ride - if not, you were treated like dirt and your work was never good enough. Talked about behind your back - no confidence in line manager.

Use you then dump you

Interview over the phone.Got one weeks work covering someone on holiday working with local council doing the bins.Really hard work especially in Scottish weather and lots of walking in safety boots (which are not supplied by Hays or waterproofs)keeping up with lorry is hardest part as you are constantly trying to empty bins as quick as possible to finish early as possible.Good team to work with and show me the ropes but moral is low as most people are employed by Hays and always talking about whether or not they will have a job next week as roles only temp.Lots of hiring then firing with Hays then take you back on in few months to cover more holidays.Would only take if desperate as not ideal job for most people.

Helped me find work

I was out of work and Hays managed to find me a role. They was really friendly and understood what requirements I wanted in a role. I was placed at a contract for a year.

Pros

finding work fast

Best workplace I have been employed at!

Always feeling supported with my role at Hays. If I ever have a question, there is always someone I can ask. You are always motivated and pushed (in a good way) to achieve outcomes. I really enjoying working at Hays because you are appreciated for your efforts and you really do get back what you put in.

Pros

Supportive Culture, Flexible Work, Ongoing Training

Cons

Can be long hours, but it balances out.

Brilliant place to work if you like sales

Hays was great to work for, I had a supportive team in the small office I worked in. If you like business development and sales then you should give Hays a try.

Pros

Free lunches if you hit targets, good commission structure

Very good

Nice agency to work for worked with them for a few years I would definitely recommend. the recruitment team is very supportive and the pay is fair. Long job placements

Pros

Pay

Cons

Temp

I was there a few years ago but it was a great team, and atmosphere. We had 3 departments who had great leadership. Location of the office wasn't the best but we had our own car park!

Pros

Free car park, colleagues

Fun, fast paced, easy

I have a friendly consultant who provides me with work on a day to day basis.Working as a temp has made me want to work as a permanent TA in the future

Pros

Flexibility, hours

Cons

Paye, pay is low, location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement