Hays

Hays Employee Reviews

Hays is a good company to work for but some places , you are send to work the rate of pay is low , because the cost of living is high.Please take a well paid contract, so that you pay the workers well
Pros
Cons
Free lunch time
It's great, they have assigned me to excellent work environment. I'm enjoying work and I'm good at what I'm working as, the people are friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Paid breaks
I always felt supported and got plenty of work from them, sometimes too much! On the whole, they were a great stop- gap for me while I searched for a permanent position. My team leader was lovely & approachable. Hard work but rewarding.
Pros
Good company, lots of work.
Cons
Too much travelling.
I absolutely loved working with Hays. The Truro team were wonderful people, hard working and tenacious. The company provided huge amounts of training, and unlimited opportunities to move up, earn more and even travel the world.
Pros
Unlimited Career Opportunities
Cons
Lits of outbound calling which wasnt always appropriate for rural areas like Cornwall.
I felt well supported and valued during the recent Corona crisis - the return of students and staff to schools has proved to be possible although there is feeling amongst staff that further restrictions might be imposed at some stage. This leads to problems obtaining more hours at Cavendish and going to other schools is not recommended as it might spread the virus.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of security
Hays will treat you like a number not a person, you are replaceable and treated as such, lots of bullying and gossiping happens a lot of internal politics and keeping multiple managers happy.You will be pushed on to whatever desk suits their needs even if it causes you to drop your monthly income from the desk you've been doing.Don't expect any recognition or praise when you're performing, but do expect micro management and to be spoken to like your dirt when you under perform by even the smallest margin.Also expect to be made guilty for not working through your lunch break or at least if you take the whole hour.
Pros
Good training, Good experience to set you up for future roles.
Cons
Quite long hours, pay is low compared to most other agencies, all admin tasks expected to be done by consultants. work culture not the best.
Lack of communication when i startedGot my pay wrong every weekDeductions were made without discussing with meHad to chase them everyday to sort issues outWas left unhappyWouldnt recomend at allThey dont respect you or care once you start with them
Cons
lack of communication
Absolutely horrible behavior. Worst agency what I ever seen (and this is really a win compared to other British agencies). They have no effort at all to look a job for you, nor will they try. I didn't get a single job offer from them after two months. This agency is completely useless, don't waste time with them at all.
Pros
Was a long time since I worked here, but I doubt it has changed. Good things are they will invest in your training and give you every opportunity to succeed and it is a true meritocracy so you can get promoted quickly if you work hard and achieve results. Recruitment consultants spend a lot of time on the telephone cold-calling, so have a thick skin. Hays is a big brand so you have that backing, but it is a ruthless culture, backstabbing, shallow and unpleasant. And if you don't produce results, you'll be out the door pretty quickly. Also, I felt I had to act unethically to push candidates into unsuitable jobs to meet sales targets. If you are very ambitious, ruthless, completely money orientated with little empathy or ethics, you will do well here. I progressed to manager level, so I was good, but in the end my conscience got the better of me. Lastly, when you leave, don't think they'll thank you for years of service, you're marched out of the door, ex-colleagues are banned from speaking to you, bad mouthed, then you have to fight to get your commission paid (paid in arrears).
Pros
Big company benefits, rapid career progression.
Cons
Unrewarding work, culture, the nastiest people go far at Hays.
Really good company and friendly collegues, great management ( worked in Leicester office ) Really welcoming and good facilaties, not feeling monitored and you recive good training from the company. If you want to progress you'll have good opportunity to do so.
Pros
Good managment, management, nice and clean office, after works
Cons
Can be stressful
Hays when i 1st started were great, once on placement the manger didnt have a clue, Gave all the overtime to the people they liked the best. No loyailty to good staff seemed to favour the know ut alls
Pros
Helping the inmates
Cons
Be careful when planning your work calender through Hays. I work LTD company and have to plan my income carefully. I've worked several roles via hays that have went well but I've also equally had several contracts offered a month in advance and subsequently cancelled with 1 working day notice, leaving me no time to arrange alternate income. When explaining this to Hays, I was met with no empathy in their response. Hays weren't really too fussed when I raised just how much of an inconvenience rhus was and how it impacts my income and planning. Just a 'that's how it works' response - it's not how things work but obviously hays don't care if they end up with desperate and low skilled 'engineers' - companies like this will gradually end up with the chaff of the workforce and all competent engineers will find work with reliable and reputable agencies. I won't be working via hays again - they obviously only care about the commission and not the welfare of their engineers. I should have gathered this when I saw engineers turning up in tracksuits for IT roles LOL If your desperate, then maybe work for Hays. But beware, you'll end up with all the other desperate engineers and have absolutely zero contract security.
Pros
Difficult to find any
Cons
Cancellation culture, inexperienced engineers in unprofessional attire, poor pay
Great for students! Management is very responsive. Clients are very kind and supportive. Flexibility is required. Great learning experience. Would highly recommend
Pros
lovely management
Interesting environment and lots of personalities that believe information is power and that it shouldn't be shared amongst others and the team... High stress levels encouraged instead of high performing sales..
Pros
The training is diligent.
Cons
High stress environments created by management
Never had an issue with hays, always had work and they have always placed me in a pleasant working environment. They have always Listened to me and placed me in the correct class/school so my placements are mostly long term.
Pros
Great supoort
I have been trying to get a job with hays now for four months they do not seem to have the time to help you I have been in touch with the Birmingham office and Coventry office no one calls you back plus no answers the phone very difficult in getting employment with them
Cons
Can't get intouch with anyone
This company gives you great experience to work in many types of care settings and for you to learn and gain more experience team work is very inportant
Pros
Loyal
Cons
Norging
If this is your first look into recruitment then you gain a good grounding, but as an experienced recruiter, it was challenging to have to go back to the beginning to learn their ways.
I have worked for Hays nearly 19.5 years and have seen many changes over the years not all of them for the best. There is no staff loyalty and if you are not one of the favoured people you probably won't progress no matter how hard you work.
Pros
Colleagues are friendly
Cons
Management is only focussed on the bottom line and not the staff
Having worked for them for years, in the last 11 months I have have no work and no useful contact. Sophie the agent at Wolverhampton is either "in a meeting" or "with a client" and does not return calls. I had outstanding feedback from clients and have been a real "go to Temp." All I have been getting is pointless calls asking me for an update of my situation but no offers. Every time it is" I'm not gonna lie, it's been quiet just lately." What for 11 months? Fortunately, I have been successful in finding other work myself or with another agency. Do not waste your time with these people. If they treat an excellent and long-term Temp like this, it's an easy call to guess what anyone else can expect. I have binned them.
Pros
All the good stuff is in the past
Cons
No effort made and only call to update records.
really relaxed staff help you find work as stress free as possible. always a wide variety of work available. the staff are friendly and informative. i liked that work was always optional
Pros
relaxed
Cons
sometimes no work
  1. Employee reviews