Hays

Hays Culture reviews

I always felt supported and got plenty of work from them, sometimes too much! On the whole, they were a great stop- gap for me while I searched for a permanent position. My team leader was lovely & approachable. Hard work but rewarding.
Pros
Good company, lots of work.
Cons
Too much travelling.
It's great, they have assigned me to excellent work environment. I'm enjoying work and I'm good at what I'm working as, the people are friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Paid breaks
Hays will treat you like a number not a person, you are replaceable and treated as such, lots of bullying and gossiping happens a lot of internal politics and keeping multiple managers happy.You will be pushed on to whatever desk suits their needs even if it causes you to drop your monthly income from the desk you've been doing.Don't expect any recognition or praise when you're performing, but do expect micro management and to be spoken to like your dirt when you under perform by even the smallest margin.Also expect to be made guilty for not working through your lunch break or at least if you take the whole hour.
Pros
Good training, Good experience to set you up for future roles.
Cons
Quite long hours, pay is low compared to most other agencies, all admin tasks expected to be done by consultants. work culture not the best.
Was a long time since I worked here, but I doubt it has changed. Good things are they will invest in your training and give you every opportunity to succeed and it is a true meritocracy so you can get promoted quickly if you work hard and achieve results. Recruitment consultants spend a lot of time on the telephone cold-calling, so have a thick skin. Hays is a big brand so you have that backing, but it is a ruthless culture, backstabbing, shallow and unpleasant. And if you don't produce results, you'll be out the door pretty quickly. Also, I felt I had to act unethically to push candidates into unsuitable jobs to meet sales targets. If you are very ambitious, ruthless, completely money orientated with little empathy or ethics, you will do well here. I progressed to manager level, so I was good, but in the end my conscience got the better of me. Lastly, when you leave, don't think they'll thank you for years of service, you're marched out of the door, ex-colleagues are banned from speaking to you, bad mouthed, then you have to fight to get your commission paid (paid in arrears).
Pros
Big company benefits, rapid career progression.
Cons
Unrewarding work, culture, the nastiest people go far at Hays.
Be careful when planning your work calender through Hays. I work LTD company and have to plan my income carefully. I've worked several roles via hays that have went well but I've also equally had several contracts offered a month in advance and subsequently cancelled with 1 working day notice, leaving me no time to arrange alternate income. When explaining this to Hays, I was met with no empathy in their response. Hays weren't really too fussed when I raised just how much of an inconvenience rhus was and how it impacts my income and planning. Just a 'that's how it works' response - it's not how things work but obviously hays don't care if they end up with desperate and low skilled 'engineers' - companies like this will gradually end up with the chaff of the workforce and all competent engineers will find work with reliable and reputable agencies. I won't be working via hays again - they obviously only care about the commission and not the welfare of their engineers. I should have gathered this when I saw engineers turning up in tracksuits for IT roles LOL If your desperate, then maybe work for Hays. But beware, you'll end up with all the other desperate engineers and have absolutely zero contract security.
Pros
Difficult to find any
Cons
Cancellation culture, inexperienced engineers in unprofessional attire, poor pay
Great for students! Management is very responsive. Clients are very kind and supportive. Flexibility is required. Great learning experience. Would highly recommend
Pros
lovely management
I have worked for Hays nearly 19.5 years and have seen many changes over the years not all of them for the best. There is no staff loyalty and if you are not one of the favoured people you probably won't progress no matter how hard you work.
Pros
Colleagues are friendly
Cons
Management is only focussed on the bottom line and not the staff
A supportive environment to work and was able to develop personally and to engage with other professionals. Good renumeration and recognition. I would recommend it to others
They offer detailed training and encourage to work together. The people are all lively and happy to work with each other and the systems are brilliant to use. Have only a great experience of working for this place.
A fast pasted environment, with strict deadlines to be held, management support and in house training were great. I felt the office culture was work hard, be rewarded. The company promote lots of charity events which everyone could get involved. The hardest part and the most enjoyable of the role was trying to ensure all tasks were meet while keeping customer service level at a high
Since working for Hays I have had no issues. All the staff that I have contacted there have always been very helpful, polite and friendly. They listen to my work requirements and always do their best to provide me with suitable work.
Always work available, friendly and helpful recruitment consultants, easy to contact when needed although it did take a while to get some of the paperwork sorted
a very nice place to work work. focuses heavily on team exercises and also provides incredible training for new starters. also offers good incentives to promote good work ethic.
This role was genuinely dreadful, I am a motivated and passionate individual and Hays managed to such the life out of me. I would only suggest this role to someone that Is able to deal with extreme pressure and stress and enjoys working long days
Hays were great in finding me a place with HOMES Group and for that I am very thankful. My employer was Hayes but agency work was with Homes Group, Homes group was a great place to work for however, pay did not match expectation of the role
Sales role in a highly target driven environment. Time management was key. 360 recruitment role, competitive market Focus on business development calls and KPIs
Very helpful staff giving support when required. Can be contacted by phone or email and responses normally come through within one day. Easy and user friendly timesheets system.
We were all industrious, but interspersed with moments of humour learning about this new field of occupation through our interaction with colleagues. Whilst experiencing the minimum interference from management which enabled us all to be more productive.
Un mediu de lucru placut, cu o echipa extraordinara si management corespunzator. Salariul insa, pentru pozitia pe care am avut-o, nu e chiar ideal.
Everyone at Hays is super supportive of your efforts and work. There is a great culture in place which recognises hard work and success. I have made some great friends here and the social scene is important to me. There are no downsides to working for Hays.
Whilst working for Hays my day consisted of leasing with different departments that were relevant to my job role. I learned how to organise the refresh of IT equipment within the company. The workplace culture was relaxed but tense at times due to the demands of the job and also due to constraint implemented due to budgetary constraints. The hardest part of the job was getting my head around the task at hand, to begin with which was quickly resolved. I had an excellent work-life balance and never had any problems whilst working with the company.